last minute trip - hooray!

Tigerlily125

Mouseketeer
Just booked a last minute trip to YC later this month -- we are sooo excited! :figment:Where would you eat dinner the first night for QS at the resort or the other Epcot resorts (thinking I'll have trouble getting reservations for table service this late in the game).

I wouldn’t be so sure on the dining. People change plans all the time. If you have somewhere you really want to go, I would check often and see what happens, especially about a week or so out when people may be canceling room only trips if they need to.

Last minute trips are so much fun!

Usually you can find adr for DS restaurants. You could try for Trattoria al Forno. Ale & Compass to go is better than YC QS. Big River Grille at the Boardwalk uses open table for reservations. You could even go to Dolphin/Swan restaurants. They normally have spots open.

Usually you can find adr for DS restaurants. You could try for Trattoria al Forno. Ale & Compass to go is better than YC QS. Big River Grille at the Boardwalk uses open table for reservations. You could even go to Dolphin/Swan restaurants. They normally have spots open.
Thank you for the tip about Big River Grille using open table. Didn't know that!

You should be able to find something either at YC or BW and as another poster said, Dolphin has some great restaurants. I love their little soda shop - The Fountain. The prices are a little less than the Disney resort prices or B&C at YC and their milkshakes are huge.

The Swan/Dolphin restaurants are on opentable. Kimonos takes walk-ups if you like sushi. I wouldn't count out a walk-up at Trattoria or Ale & Compass. We ate at Trattoria about two weeks ago because we were able to snag a reservation day-of. bluezoo at the Dolphin also has a great lounge that takes walk-ups.

If you are going later this month. you will definitely get some TS that you like if you keep looking.

Disney Springs has all kinds of walk up food, and is especially beautiful at night. You can enjoy a drink and take the Disney bus home ;) or check Uber prices, usually not bad even with a tip.

Last edited:
We usually book Epcot on the first night and eat at the booths or QS as more often than not flights get delayed/cancelled last min.

I’ve had success with using the stakeout app (free text alerts for 1 ADR). With the current 2 hr cancellation policy you can get ADRs same day as well.

Just booked a last minute trip to YC later this month -- we are sooo excited! :figment:Where would you eat dinner the first night for QS at the resort or the other Epcot resorts (thinking I'll have trouble getting reservations for table service this late in the game).

Don’t forget you can take the Skyliner to other resorts too. The quick service at Riviera gets really good reviews as does CBR. If you have kids, maybe the food court at AoA or Pop.

The AOA food court (Landscape of flavors) has brought back some chocies-seared salmon, tandoori chicken with naan (vs regular value menu when we stayed back in April). Limited offering: Southern Fried Chicken bowl.

The lounge at Ale & Compass right next to the restaurant is walk-up and has things like the flatbread, Parker house rolls and maybe the hamburger on the menu. I agree with the poster who mentioned Ale & Compass mobile order/takeout. Sometimes the walk-up is possible at the restaurant too w/out much wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter