Las Vegas Shooting

I wonder if he timed his attack for when he knew she'd be away, out of the country?

This is very true. I, personally, don't see any reason to suspect her of any involvement. But, law enforcement officials would be negligent if they didn't interview her, just as they would be negligent if they didn't interview the shooter's mother and brother and business partners and anyone else he might be close to. They need to establish for certain that he was the "lone wolf" he appears to have been. That's just doing their job.

She, on the other hand, has every reason not to want to set foot in the US. She's a target, and there are a lot of people who would like to pin this on her for a lot of different reasons. So, if they want to talk to her in person, they're just going to have to fly out to wherever she is. Otherwise, they'll have to settle for phone or Skype interviews.
Ah, I'm beginning to see what you mean...

Many others aren't jumping to conclusions about her involvement.
There have been at least two direct quotes here saying she has no involvement.

I don't see it that way, and I don't think anyone was trying to do that.

I think it's wise to analyze what other countries who have low gun deaths have done to accomplish this, because something must be done. This is not acceptable, or normal. It has gone horribly horribly wrong and we can't...we shouldn't let it keep happening.

Yes. I know I said I was out but whatever. When Americans say "don't tell me how what to do" if you aren't an American it's really sad and closed minded. Learn from others despite borders or nationality. If every other country in the world doesn't have mass shootings and you can't figure out how to stop them, year after year why not go outside the box for answers and ask what another nation is doing? Same with health care etc. Stubborn national pride but one day it could be you or yours caught in the crossfire. Since America hasn't figured it out yet what is the harm in looking at what other nations are doing? People are exactly the same whether they live in Las Vegas or Edmonton or some poor African nation.

I think that hose unfortunate events are here to stay, regardless if involving terrorist or radicals, large or small scale.

Looking at this guy, there's no way you could prevent this from happening. If you take away the guns, they'll use a truck. You take the truck away, they'll grab a knife. As someone once said, if there's a will, there will be a way.

As I mentioned before, the World is fine, it's the people that are broken. And you can't prevent it all and foresee it coming.

So don't even try. Might as well not even have laws. They will just break them.

Also, DH & I have handguns, but I can't imagine why anyone would need 43 firearms. Are there no kind of flags that pop up when a person is buying several firearms?
Buy them one or two at a time, buy from different stores, shop online...

Pro-ject make superb turntables! Then again, LPs do I feel still give out the best sound possible. Digital just feels flat?

I don't want us to get in trouble for hijacking a news event related thread into a hi-fi fest. But suffice to say one of my favorite activities is inviting my daughter and her friends (whose primary music playing technology is their phones and earbuds) to sit in my listening room while I simultaneously play an original vinyl recording and the digital version (CD version or mp3), bouncing back and forth from one to the other. They clearly discern a difference between the two but struggle to articulate it. When I then say "when you close your eyes and listen, does one project a more three dimensional image where you can visualize where the instruments and vocalists are?" I always get a resounding "yes, that's it!"

Yes, because we were quoting law enforcement.
I haven't watched much of the coverage because I'm sick and tired of tragedies being used as a platform. Although, I caught part of the news conference today. More than once, it was stated....they know more, than what's been revealed. Bravo to LE! Let them do their job....media can go jump. MHO

Crud...here come the conspiracy theories. Had a heated battle on FB show up between two friends, one of whom insists there was a second shooter.

I know. The stock of my tin foil hat company jumped 1000% overnight and the factories are having difficulty meeting the demand.

I wonder if he timed his attack for when he knew she'd be away, out of the country?

If one report is true, she left the U.S. on September 15. I suppose we'll never know when he planned the attack.

I don't see it that way, and I don't think anyone was trying to do that.

I think it's wise to analyze what other countries who have low gun deaths have done to accomplish this, because something must be done. This is not acceptable, or normal. It has gone horribly horribly wrong and we can't...we shouldn't let it keep happening.
I guess we'll agree to disagree on the country vs country aspect of the conversation pertaining to this thread. As to the rest of your comment admin already commented about talk regarding gun control. I just provided my opinion on the comments that were going on and as I said obviously no one has to listen, it was just my opinion.

Every single person with the right to vote has control over gun laws.

Not exactly. We essentially are a two party system, and there are so many more issues to consider than gun laws and the 2nd Amendment, but we essentially have only two parties to choose between at the polls when we select our representatives. It is not wise to make voting decisions based on a single issue. Far too many people do it.

John Adams said, "There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution." George Washington made similar remarks in his farewell speech.

Unfortunately, the U.S. is there.

I haven't watched much of the coverage because I'm sick and tired of tragedies being used as a platform. Although, I caught part of the news conference today. More than once, it was stated....they know more, than what's been revealed. Bravo to LE! Let them do their job....media can go jump. MHO
I know it seems like semantics but what he said was that it’s an ongoing investigation and there’s things he can’t or won’t answer because it could compromise the investigation. I didn’t take it as any big revelations have been made. There well may be but I don’t think they’re going to be as big as people want them to be.

On the media and persistent internet misinformation I’m with you 100%. Other than the morning after while they were live I skip the news and wait for the press conferences. The information there is direct and as accurate as it can be as they gather it.

Re: the girlfriend of on-off interest: I am wondering if investigators are also looking to interview one or both of the two prior wives. The first was Sharon Brunoehler of Dallas, TX, with that marriage occurring sometime in the 1970s. They divorced and he then married Peggy Paddock of Cerritos,CA. That marriage also ended in divorce.

They both must have some perspective on what possibly led him to want to end his life in such horrific infamy.

Recent photo of Peggy Paddock

bm_peggy_paddock.jpg

And here is a photo taken of some his weapons as they were found by the SWAT team when they entered his hotel suite. Some are clearly semi-automatics that had been modified into full auto capability. Note the roller suitcase to the right with its back side on the floor, which appears to have been filled with pre-loaded ammunition cartridges.

450125CA00000578-4944234-image-a-46_1507060161054.jpg

I know it seems like semantics but what he said was that it’s an ongoing investigation and there’s things he can’t or won’t answer because it could compromise the investigation. I didn’t take it as any big revelations have been made. There well may be but I don’t think they’re going to be as big as people want them to be.

On the media and persistent internet misinformation I’m with you 100%. Other than the morning after while they were live I skip the news and wait for the press conferences. The information there is direct and as accurate as it can be as they gather it.
I don't disagree. I'm just happy they aren't spoon feeding the media.

The thing that bugs me..he's too "normal".

Last edited:
Re: the girlfriend of on-off interest: I am wondering if investigators are also looking to interview one or both of the two prior wives. The first was Sharon Brunoehler of Dallas, TX, with that marriage occurring sometime in the 1970s. They divorced and he then married Peggy Paddock of Cerritos,CA. That marriage also ended in divorce.

They both must have some perspective on what possibly led him to want to end his life in such horrific infamy.

bm_peggy_paddock.jpg

And here is a photo taken of some his weapons as they were found by the SWAT team when they entered his hotel suite. Some are clearly semi-automatics that had been modified into full auto capability. Note the roller suitcase to the right with its back side on the floor, which appears to have been filled with pre-loaded ammunition cartridges.

My mom and dad have both been married three times apiece. I can guarantee you neither has any insight about what the other is like some 47+ years after they divorced. Their second spouses would have even less of a clue as they don’t share any children or grandchildren.

The Sheriff is pretty pissed about that pic. If I had to guess someone’s career is going to end over that.

Why would they "must have some perspective"?

I've been divorced from a man for over 20 years. Had no contact from him what so ever with his family in that time either. No kids together.
If he committed a crime now I would have no insight for them. No idea of his mental or physical state, his possessions, his income level, his address, his romantic interests, his current religious or political views. People often change from when they are in their 20s.

bm_peggy_paddock.jpg

I believe Peggy was quoted as saying she hadn't seen him in years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter