• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Landry's Card - Yak & Yeti

We used our Landry’s card in October at Yak &Yeti for lunch. It was busy, people were waiting outside. We had about 7 Landry members in front of us. So we waited about 30 minutes. Not too bad with no ADR but certainly not a walk in. It depends on how busy they are and how many other card members are waiting. With the credit you get at sign up it’s a great deal.

Why? It's a Landry's managed restaurant and this is their policy at their restaurants across the country. It's a loyalty program just like any other company's loyalty program and anyone can join.

like i say i will definately flash my card(as well at t rex) just in my humble opinion if someone books 180 days out they should get first dibs. im british so we all know the brits love a good well ordered queue!

We have showed up early for a reservation and gotten seated right away with the card. You can also give your phone number that is linked to the card to use reward money or for verification. We also get seated quickly without reservations. Now we don’t bother with making ADR’s. I have also noticed we get treated very well by staff and management when they know we have the card too.

It’s true that Landry’s treats its customers well. The Select Club is well worth joining.

Our last meal at Y&Y in September was outstanding. I had the Kobe burger with smoked Gouda and mushroom topping. So good! I mean out-of-this-world delicious.

The Yak Attack is a great cocktail, but if you like beer, order the larger size. Totally worth it. :)

Last edited:

I just purchased the Landry card, we plan to eat at yak & yeti on Monday - do you think I’ll be “verified” by then? Right now my status says “pending.”
We have an ADR, but I’d like to get in earlier.

I'd hang onto the ADR until the last minute you can cancel without a penalty. I'm not sure how long it takes to verify you. Hopefully not long, for your sake!

I just purchased the Landry card, we plan to eat at yak & yeti on Monday - do you think I’ll be “verified” by then? Right now my status says “pending.”
I bought one this week (Monday). I was verified the next day.

Are you planning on using the birthday benefit as well? Curious if the 2 can still be used together now that the FAQ is changed.

Are you planning on using the birthday benefit as well? Curious if the 2 can still be used together now that the FAQ is changed.
No, i actually wasn’t even going to use the card credit this time. I’m on the dining plan, but our time is so limited (special weekend trip with just my oldest son) that I wanted to be able to get a table early.

Y&Y allowed me to use both the sign-up reward and birthday bonus together in 2016 so this is a new thing.

If I were you, I would go eat at Y&Y and try to get both credits on one check. If I got only $25 off my bill, I’d be stopping at the bar in Rainforest Cafe on the way out of AK and use the other $25 on 2 or 3 drinks.

We used our Landry's card twice last December. Once at Rainforest Café & once at Yak & Yeti. We had a ADR for Rainforest but just walked up at Yak & Yeti. It worked like a charm.It may be that Landry's has changed their rewards policy since then because I know we used both the Welcome and Birthday rewards for the same check at Rainforest.

We have been Landry Club members for years. Getting the birthday award is nice but the very best perk of membership is being seated at the next available table without a reservation. If you frequent Landry properties, it is the only way to go.

Not sure if it is still the case, but in the past I have always made reservations direct with Yak & Yeti - not through the ADR system. There was more availability and no credit card guarantee.

I first heard about the Landry's Select card 4 years ago when planning our last trip to WDW and could not get an ADR to T-Rex - thanks to disboards. Worked great and since then we always seek out Landry's restaurants while traveling - Bubba Gumps, Rainforest Cafe, Claim Jumper- we love the front of the line benefit as we don't have to worry about a long wait or having to plan a reservation. And I'll definitely be using that benefit on our upcoming WDW trip. FYI if you forget your card they can look up your membership via phone or email. I know we will eat at T-Rex and possibly Yak & Yeti and its nice to not have to worry about an ADR.

Yes! To make the deal even sweeter, select March as your birthday month and you’ll get a $25 reward to spend. We were able to use the $25 welcome bonus and $25 Birthday reward in the same visit.
I recently signed up for the Landry's club for our Disney Trip in Feb. 2019. I have seen several people say that they were able to use both rewards at the same time but the web site clearly states in three different places that you CANNOT use both rewards at the same time. We will be eating at both Yak and Yeti and T-Rex, I am very tempted to sign my wife up also, but we are going to T-Rex first and if they only allow me to use my welcome rewards than my wife's card will be useless and I will be out the $25. We live in PA and have no Landry's restaurants near us.

Last edited:
Has anyone been recently where they were able to redeem both the welcome and birthday reward?

I recently signed up for the Landry's club for our Disney Trip in Feb. 2019. I have seen several people say that they were able to use both rewards at the same time but the web site clearly states in three different places that you CANNOT use both rewards at the same time. We will be eating at both Yak and Yeti and T-Rex, I am very tempted to sign my wife up also, but we are going to T-Rex first and if they only allow me to use my welcome rewards than my wife's card will be useless and I will be out the $25. We live in PA and have no Landry's restaurants near us.

Hubby & I both have cards. He already had his when we went last December & I was new. We hit all 3 restaurants. Yak & Yeti, T-Rex, & Rainforest as we had $75 in rewards between the 2 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter