Ladies...Did anyone ever go to WDW, not knowing you were pregnant?

I thought the reason you don't ride coasters during the initial stages of pregnancy was because of implantation and that it could be affected by riding the wilder rides. That is just something I heard when I was trying to get pregnant and we were planning a trip to DW.

If it was me I would try not to get pregnant that month before because there is nothing worse than being pregnant and worrying about something you have done when you did not now you were pregnant.

Whatever you do good luck and have a great time at Disney. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Yes, but you can worry about ANYTHING you did when it comes down to it...

Ate a tuna fish sandwich during that 2WW? Oh no! You might have harmed the baby...

Had a cup of wine with dinner during the 2WW?

Ate a sandwich with deli meat?

Etc, etc, etc...

I've been slammed on here for saying this before, but unless you know you are pregnant, I wouldn't live my life as though I AM pregnant. Trust me- those 36-38 weeks when you KNOW you are pregnant, you'll be the model of good 'pregnant' behavior. But until that positive HPT, I wouldn't stress over it- as long as you live a normal, healthy life in the meantime (ie you aren't a binge drinker, you aren't snorting drugs, etc). A drink or two at WDW or a rollercoaster or three- to ME- I would enjoy my time.

Yes, but you can worry about ANYTHING you did when it comes down to it...

Ate a tuna fish sandwich during that 2WW? Oh no! You might have harmed the baby...

Had a cup of wine with dinner during the 2WW?

Ate a sandwich with deli meat?

Etc, etc, etc...

I've been slammed on here for saying this before, but unless you know you are pregnant, I wouldn't live my life as though I AM pregnant. Trust me- those 36-38 weeks when you KNOW you are pregnant, you'll be the model of good 'pregnant' behavior. But until that positive HPT, I wouldn't stress over it- as long as you live a normal, healthy life in the meantime (ie you aren't a binge drinker, you aren't snorting drugs, etc). A drink or two at WDW or a rollercoaster or three- to ME- I would enjoy my time.

EXACTLY!! I agree completely!

Just have fun and don't worry - our bodies are wonderful buffers and at such an early stage unless there was a serious car accident (not wishing that on anyone) chances of riding a roller coaster causing a miscarriage is sooooo incredibly small (not a dr can't give a number) that in all my reading posts from pregnancy boards i've never heard anyone say that was a cause of a miscarriage.

they just happen - for no reason or for medical reasons. in any case just enjoy your trip. if you're pg or not you'll have a wonderful time.

That would be me! I was due to get "Aunt Flo" the day we landed. Well it never came. After 2 days I did not drink, however I did ride all the rides.

When I got home and confirmed the OBGYN said that the baby is soooo small at that point an so protected that I had nothing to worry about.

Well Piper just turned 5. And btw, she is a thrill ride junkie. I am convinced that it was because her first ride on RnRC and TOT was before her little heart was even beating. LOL.

You will be fine, go and and enjoy!

Cynde

I would just protect yourself before you go so there is no worrying about whether you are or not. 7 years ago my husband & I had been trying for about 6 months with no luck. Then we were going on a cruise with a bunch of friends & I was 2 days late. I took a pregnancy test & it came back negative so I went on the cruise & had a good time. However drinking never seemed to really agree with me that week but since i had taken the test I thought there was no way I could be pregnant. When we got back I took another test and it came back positive. 4 weeks later I had a miscarriage. Although the DRs assured me that it had nothing to do with the cruise I still feel guilty to this day even though the test said negative! Luckily I became pregnant again 6 weeks later and have since had 3 kids but I still wonder about what would have been with that one. I know it was unrelated to drinking but its still hard to deal with. Why put yourself in that position if you don't have to. With our subsequent kids we've stopped trying a few times if I knew we had something big coming up that I might want to drink at.

Went to disney on '05. Found out I was expecting the day before we left.
I didn't do any adult beverages, however I did go on alot of the rides and had a great time. All was fine with baby. Good luck.:goodvibes

OP here. Thanks, everyone, for the great advice! I think I'm just gonna go and enjoy myself and not worry. My pregnancy with DD was perfectly normal, and I did have some drinks before I knew I was pregnant with her.

Mostly, I was concerned about the rides, but it sounds like your OB-GYN's said nothing to worry about. I think I'll just verify this with my OB and then just let nature take it's course!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY! I'm so excited for this trip! DD will be 13 months and we're getting her first haircut at Magic Kingdom...now she just needs to grow some more hair in the next month so there'll be something to cut! :lmao:

I would have to agree that it wouldn't hurt the baby if you had a little fun at Disney while it is just a bean.

Here are my thoughts - but I want to add that my advice is for the neurotic like me - not "normal" people - LOL! If you did end up pregnant, and heaven forbid something was wrong with the baby or you miscarried (not from Disney of course) would you hold it against yourself and blame yourself? I have a friend who miscarried (after 4 healthy pregnancies) she was told to abstain from sex for the first trimester, just as a precaution - her husband questioned the Dr if that was really needed - the Dr responded that "what if by chance she miscarries, do you want her to associate the two". Again - not everyone overthinks things like I do - and not everyone would uneccesarily blame themselves - just wanted to throw that out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter