Ladies...Did anyone ever go to WDW, not knowing you were pregnant?

SDFgirl

<font color=teal>Weekend spelunker<br><font color=
I need some advice from anyone who's been there! Okay, here's the deal:

DH and I are not specifically "trying" for another baby, but we're not preventing either. ;)

We're going to WDW in September. At the time we go, I should be waiting for Aunt Flo, but after ovulation...meaning I won't know if I'm pregnant or not.

I still want to ride all the *big* rides and have some nice, cold adult beverages. :thumbsup2

Soooo...has anyone ever gone to WDW, did all the "dangerous" stuff, not knowing you were pregnant? It's not like we're trying for a baby...I guess I figure that if I am pregnant, it'll be so early...like around the time of implantation...that it shouldn't matter?! People do all kinds of things before they know they're pregnant.

On the other hand, we could just hop on the birth control bandwagon for the preceding month...what do you all think?

The question is......when you get home, if you find out you are pregnant, are you going to spend the next 8 months worrying about all the fun you had while you were in disney?

I didn't go to disney not knowing but I was on vacation. I got trashed one night at a big formal (bf was in military) and went to a water park where I went on all the bumpy crazy rides, then I went bUNGY JUMPING! Yep! Found out I was preggo 3 days later! I was a little worried, but dd came out fine. thank god!

My last trip to Disney I was pregnant with my daughter, I didn't find out I was pregnant with her until we had been home for 4 days. I did all of the rides, drank and of course I was worried. I talked with my doctor and she said that riding the rides if you don't know, isn't going to change anything, the baby is so small at that point that it wouldn't have hurt her.

I went to Disney not knowing I was pregnant. We were about 4 weeks along. I went on the rock n rollacoster, but that was about it. Everything else was pretty tame. BUT I did freak out about it a little when I found out that I was pregnant. The doctor told me that stressing out about for the next 36 weeks would be worse for the baby than the 2 minutes I was on the coaster.

Just don't be drinking or smoking. Those things are MUCH worse for a first baby than a roller coaster.

I wasn't at disney but it was during the holidays and I had many adult bevs and fun without knowing I was PG.My daughter turned out fine.

I did last year - rode everything and had a few adults drinks as well. DD was born in June and appears to be none the worse for several rollercoaster rides. :goodvibes

Go and have fun - we were trying but decided I couldn't put everything on hold 'just in case' and at that stage they really are just a bunch of cells!

When DH and I went on our honeymoon, I was a couple of days late. I figured it was just stress, because we didn't officially start "trying" (or not preventing) until our wedding night. Even still, it made me nervous...I was afraid to drink and I couldn't even enjoy one of my favorite activities, horsebacking riding on the beach, because I was afraid I was pregnant and was hurting the baby. Finally, about halfway through the trip, I went and found a pregnancy test (in Spanish) and it was negative. I was able to enjoy the rest of the honeymoon, but was so upset that I wasted the first part.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't put any extra pressure on yourself. If you and DH aren't actively trying, then use protection during ovulation that month. You won't have any fears in the back of your head that way and will be able to enjoy everything. Enjoy you trip and have a nice, cold adult beverage for me....it's been so long...:sad1:

I didnt go to disney, but I was at universal and was pregnant with my daughter. I didnt find out until after we got back. I rode the Hulk, spiderman, duling dragons, and the rest of those rides alike a million times. Also drank some while there. she is fine, 5 years old and wonderful!!!!

I became pregnant around my wedding and didn't know until after we had returned from our honeymoon in Cancun... I drank in moderation while I wasa there and climbed all over ruins as well as snorkeled. My son turned out fine... I just was queasy all the time :sick: (I thought it was a 'traveling' issue... :rotfl2: )... It suddenly made sense when we discovered that he was on the way.

If it were me I would use prevention the month leading up to my trip so that their wouldn't be any chance of being pregnant while there because if it were me I wouldn't be able to let loose and enjoy myself, I would constantly be thinking in the back of my head, maybe I am pregnant I shouldn't do this or that.

I was pg with my dd though and didn't know it. We had a huge going away party for my cousin when he was moving to Hawai'i and I got a little drunk...well lets be honest a lot drunk! In fact I don't think I have ever been that bad before or after that night. Part of me wonders if being pregnant altered it for me at all because I didn't think I had drank that much, but that is beside the point....I drank and I found out a couple weeks later I was pregnant. She is a healthy beautiful 2 year old...a little crazy, but healthy! LOL

I did last year - rode everything and had a few adults drinks as well. DD was born in June and appears to be none the worse for several rollercoaster rides. :goodvibes

Go and have fun - we were trying but decided I couldn't put everything on hold 'just in case' and at that stage they really are just a bunch of cells!

Same here, we went and I didn't know, even got a little "drunk" at Pleasure Island. Came home, found out I was expecting and doctor said it was so early don't even give it a second thought. Our DD was born June 11.

On second thought she is quite a handful, maybe it was the roller coasters!!!:rotfl:

I'm not sure how far after ovulation you will be...But Those First Reponse early tests usually can pick something up 9 days after.. Assuming implantation occurs on or about 7 days after.

I found out about my youngest two years ago on a weekend trip during Food and Wine Festival.. :headache: We were trying so I ended up bringing some pee sticks with me. I also had a suspicion before I left..So it probably dictated my normal activites :drinking1

I did have a glass of wine on my first night there. I think I did Expedition Everest too...but I don't think Rollercoasters are really an issue until you are further along...

That will give you a least a bit of info to know how crazy you can get :banana:

I wasn't at Disney, but I didn't realize I was pregnant until I was 6 weeks along. We weren't trying. I was freaked because it happened in mid-December and I'd been drinking (moderately) at Christmas parties and on New Year's Eve. My doc was not concerned about it at all. He said it happens all the time and the babies are fine.

I remember reading somewhere that there is no crossover of blood between mom and baby until the placenta forms, which happens around 2 weeks after conception. So drinking during that time doesn't affect the embryo. I guess this would be nature's way of protecting the baby until mom knows it's there.

I'd say enjoy yourself and don't worry about it.

Yes. I was about 11 weeks along (really wacky cycles prior to so nothing new) in 2000 and I had no clue I was preggo. We had been trying but after a year I wasn't expecting it to happen anytime soon and I wasn't going to live my life based on "what if I am". I went on everything! The lines were basically nonexistent so we rode RnR, hopped onto ToT, back onto RnR, back to ToT, etc. Dh & I met his cousin at ESPN's one night for dinner and I even helped dispose of the pitcher of adult beverage on the table.

I found out I was preggo about a week after we got back. I started quizzing my OB about if I could have scrambled my child or done any damage to the baby. She assured me that if the pregnancy was a healthy one that since the baby is so cushioned and so tiny that riding what I rode would not have damaged him.

Months and months and months later (felt like an eternity, lol) I gave birth to a very healthy son and seven years later he is still healthy, smart, energetic and everything a seven year old should be. :)

Count me in :) We went in 2005 when my husband and I had been trying for about 3 months. I was charting temps at the time, so after my temp spiked one day, I thought maybe we had been lucky. Couple weeks later we were at the World and we rode the RNRC and I got off and was so dizzy I couldn't even walk straight, it was the strangest thing...Got home about 5 days later, took a test, and there was no question it was positive.
He's now a happy, healthy, deep into the "terrible two's," 2 year old :goodvibes

Not Disney, but New Orleans. Drank like one should when in NOLA, lol. I was due to get my period the day after we got home, and it was a no-show. So my older boy was on the trip, too!

He's a smart kid. You'd never know he spent his first week of existence in a totally intoxicated womb. :rotfl2:

I was pregnant (barely) and didn't know it with our youngest when we went to WDW in 2006. I had a little to drink, she was fine. I also was drinking at a birthday party a week or so after we got home (still didn't know I was PG).

Funny thing is, I don't drink alot (well, at least compared to my friends) yet I was drinking rather heavily at a bachelorette party the night before I found out that I was PG w/ our first child.

In hindsight, both times I was drinking, but it wasn't going down easy/wasn't sitting all that well with me, so I ended up drinking far less than I might have. So...if you feel a little off, maybe take nature's hint and stop drinking. & ridign the big rides :goodvibes

I never understood the whole don't ride rollercoasters if you might be newly PG. If you are only a week or two a long I don't see how that would matter (other than you might be more queasy than normal). Then again, I was blessed with 2 perfectly healthy pregnancies & babies. If I had experienced serious troubles & worries I may look at it differently now.

Go and have fun!

I found out that I was pregnant on the first day at Disney. I was really concerned about riding the rides while I was there, so I called my doctor. She told me that it was ok to ride the rides, it wouldn't bother the baby at all. She did tell me to make sure that I stayed hydrated. Hope this helps.

I used to be a CM at the MK. I worked at Space Mountain so there was opportunity to ride the ride every day. I rode more times than I can count before I found out I was pregnant. 9 months later I had a perfectly healthy little girl.
Enjoy yourself!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter