• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

King Charles Coronation

Yes I wondered if that was part of the thinking behind it - the late Queen was only in her mid 20's for her coronation and found it uncomfortable!

In the Netherlands our Gold State Coach is not used either at the moment, but that's because of a colonial image on the side. :rolleyes1

Never heard anything about it being uncomfortable. As the Dutch are very pragmatic, the King would probably bring a pillow. Or two.

In the Netherlands our Gold State Coach is not used either at the moment, but that's because of a colonial image on the side. :rolleyes1

Never heard anything about it being uncomfortable. As the Dutch are very pragmatic, the King would probably bring a pillow. Or two.
The Dutch one is from 1898, British one 1762.

I think it's lovely!
What happened to your nasty comment about Harry & Meghan? Guess I was too late to quote it. Somethinng about them selling their invite on eBay.

I am SO glad President Biden will not be going.

What happened to your nasty comment about Harry & Meghan? Guess I was too late to quote it. Somethinng about them selling their invite on eBay.

I am SO glad President Biden will not be going.
I thought about it for a moment and decided to be a better person.

Thanks for trying to get it out there regardless of me trying to take the higher road.

People keep claiming on these UK threads they are not haters of H&M, just doesn't ring true.

My goal in removing my post was to keep this thread on a good path so it's still open for the coronation. I hope you can do the same.
I try to just read, sometimes something comes up I feel the need to react to. That was striking to me.

I try to just read, sometimes something comes up I feel the need to react to. That was striking to me.
Yet it was gone before you even posted. Let it alone please. I tried to be a better person. I don't appreciate being dragged back into something I chose to change.

Turns out I am working, too. 😬 I forgot to request it off. Oh well, guess I’ll be watching it with patients.

I can't watch in the day either, but with time change, a lot of it will be very late night/early morning. I ask myself how much sleep can I do without and still have a productive day. But you need to be alert for patients!

The invitation looks very modern to me -- almost like something you could order from Papyrus. I love it. Big change from the old classic plain engraved type invitation.
I like Charles' style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter