Killing Time After Checkout

DisRoss

Earning My Ears
We’ll be at Port Orleans Riverside in April, checking out on a Friday with an evening flight and I’m trying to think of things to do with a tired family as we kill time after hotel checkout. When our ADR window opens I’m going to try for a late character breakfast but other than that I’m wondering what other suggestions folks have. I know we could spend time at Disney Springs and I’ll look into mini golf. We’re not able to do another park day. Could we go back to the hotel and use the pool and change in a locker room? Will we be able to leave our bags with bell services regardless of what we do? Contemplating renting a car just for that day also for ease of transport to the airport, so offsite ideas are welcome too. Thank you!

Unsure if you'd still be able to use the pool, but you definitely should be able to leave your bags with bell services. I have many times before (although not at Riverside).

We don't have specific experience with the Riverside pool, but if it's like other pools on property, there will be a place to clean up and change. Since you will be allowed to use the pool all day your checkout day, that could work nicely. And yes, bell will hold your bags until you're ready for them. We usually pack strategically so we can take what we need with us for the day and leave the rest in storage - then unzip a case or 2 and throw our stuff in for the trip home! Have fun!

Yes, you can leave your luggage w Bell services. Unless something has changed very recently, you can use the pool on check in & check out days.
Consider resort hopping to see decor & have resort-specific snacks or food. Offsite, I4 (I drive) has plenty of shopping/outleto/touristy things/ 😊

If you will have a car, hit up the Character Warehouses at the outlets. There's one at the Vineland outlets near Disney and another at the International Drive Outlets near Universal. It's hit or miss what they might have, but sometimes you can find some good stuff for cheap.

We’ll be at Port Orleans Riverside in April, checking out on a Friday with an evening flight and I’m trying to think of things to do with a tired family as we kill time after hotel checkout. When our ADR window opens I’m going to try for a late character breakfast but other than that I’m wondering what other suggestions folks have. I know we could spend time at Disney Springs and I’ll look into mini golf. We’re not able to do another park day. Could we go back to the hotel and use the pool and change in a locker room? Will we be able to leave our bags with bell services regardless of what we do? Contemplating renting a car just for that day also for ease of transport to the airport, so offsite ideas are welcome too. Thank you!

Yes, you can leave your bags with bell services and yes, you can use the pool on checkout day. You could resort-hop after your breakfast. If you are on the monorail line, you could take that all the way around - I would also suggest looking at the activities at Ft. W (you can take the boat from MK). They have very reasonably priced kayak/canoe rentals, you can visit the stables, do gem mining, fishing from a dock, etc. There is also a very good and reasonably priced QS at Ft. W. You could also rent a pontoon boat and sail around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon or even consider a fishing boat excursion if your kids like to fish. If you go to Topolino's for breakfast, you could Skyliner over to Boardwalk, rent a surrey bike and walk to Fantasia mini-golf.

You can still sleep in and get a character breakfast. I’d see if you can get Topolino’s. Do an 11 or 1130 breakfast. I definitely think it’s worth it and there’s no way my daughter, who sleeps late, would sleep past 10 am.

Keep in mind that if you have a package you can go to the front desk and get an envelope with discounts, including a free round of mini-golf.

You should be fine with that plan. Did you try for a late checkout? I always ask - the worst they can say is "no". No one is going to throw anything at you! Don't forget that you will probably need more time that you think you will to pick up your bags & get to & through the airport to your flight.

With a tired family, I’d keep it simple. I’d skip the character breakfast and sleep in.

Maybe even request a late check out. Store your bags and boat to .Disney Springs for lunch. Walk around a bit. Boat back, pick up bags and head to the airport, all at a leisurely pace. :)
Agreed! When I stay at Riverside, I love a leisurely stroll around the grounds & a boat ride on the river. Maybe a stroll to Port Orleans for their version of Cajun & Creole snacks.

I was told by a front-desk person that one can use Resort facilities the entire day of one's departure. I cannot confirm whether that remains WDW policy.

We like to book a late breakfast at Boma or an early lunch at Sanaa and spend the afternoon hanging out in their lookout areas that overlook the various savannah's. So you get a really low-key, relaxing atmosphere that still feels distinctly Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter