Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes - Part 6

Thanks :) what about Scrub fabric?? I have no idea and I won't take a guess :)

I can't stand vegemite -but love marmite :) NZ is a beautiful place :) I encourage everyone to come here at least once in their lifetime :)

Scrub fabric is used to make simple elastic pants and plain tops that nurses wear. Or Dental hygienists those sort of things. Commonly called "Scrubs"

What Not to do with you sewing room:

DSCN0681.jpg

I could start a whole website of how NOt to organize your stash and sewing room.

Congrats, Heather!

UM, when you find your sewing groove, ask if it has seen mine! I have less than 3 months, and have barely started!! :scared1:

Did you guys see the post from webmaster Alex- it was in the welcome to DIS- Anyway it said they would be moving long threads and we would have to start new ones, and the board would be shut down tonight. I hope ours doesn't get moved :confused3
We should designate someone- to start over tomorrow for us if we do get moved!!!

I couldn't figure out what to do for the shirt. I shamelessly CABed this from LisaZoe. The girl's middle name is Rose so I thought it was perfect.

The Lydia:

100_2193.jpg

The JoJo:

100_2190.jpg

The Megan:

100_2188.jpg

She would not do The Tessa because "she can do it better than me and I don't want to." Whatever silly kid!

I really like the way this turned out! Very pretty.

Oh, the dachshund is on the newer flyer dated Sun Jan 27 - Feb 9 and he is posing with a lady and a bunch of quilting fabric.

Did you guys see the post from webmaster Alex- it was in the welcome to DIS- Anyway it said they would be moving long threads and we would have to start new ones, and the board would be shut down tonight. I hope ours doesn't get moved :confused3
We should designate someone- to start over tomorrow for us if we do get moved!!!

MOVING THEM? WHERE? They can't do that! Please, please, please! I say if we wake up in the morning and we don't see the thread in the family section, the first one that notices, start the thread titled "DISBOUTIQUERS!"

I guess on the up side - maybe they're considering giving us our own board sub-section!?

MOVING THEM? WHERE? They can't do that! Please, please, please! I say if we wake up in the morning and we don't see the thread in the family section, the first one that notices, start the thread titled "DISBOUTIQUERS!"

I guess on the up side - maybe they're considering giving us our own board sub-section!?

They're temporarily hiding all of the long threads to see what their effect is on how fast/slow the board runs. They aren't erasing them, just hiding them in a effort to figure out what's going on. But this thread will almost DEFINITELY end up being hidden.

I couldn't figure out what to do for the shirt. I shamelessly CABed this from LisaZoe. The girl's middle name is Rose so I thought it was perfect.

The Lydia:

th_100_2193.jpg

The JoJo:

th_100_2190.jpg

The Megan:

th_100_2188.jpg

She would not do The Tessa because "she can do it better than me and I don't want to." Whatever silly kid!

I really love this outfit and Megan's I can't do the Tessa. These girls would have a blast together.

OMGoodness! I surely hope I don't wake up and cannot find this anywhere!

They're temporarily hiding all of the long threads to see what their effect is on how fast/slow the board runs. They aren't erasing them, just hiding them in a effort to figure out what's going on. But this thread will almost DEFINITELY end up being hidden.

Now, I am super worried! Someone PM me (or email) if I Get lost in the shuffle, email is same as ID @yahoo.com

What will the effect be? Everyone will be scrambling trying to find their favorite threads!

OK, I'll volunteer to make a list of emails in case something goes down. If you would like to be added to the list, please send me a PM with your email adddress. I won't use the list unless we can't seem to find each other again. I will be out for a couple of hours (at church) this evening, so don't panic if you don't get a response. I probably won't respond, simply just add your email.

Now, I am super worried! Someone PM me (or email) if I Get lost in the shuffle, email is same as ID @yahoo.com

I hope we don't get lost but at least we will have our photobucket account!

I just noticed the numbers in your ID are they your birthday? If they are mine is the same day but different year 5 - 28 - 72

I am pretty unoriginal when coming up with names.

I also live in the Atlanta area, kind of, we keep moving farther out.

After reading Heather's post about getting a sewing room..I am just wondering where do you do your sewing? I have no dedicated sewing room...and not really much space in the guest room to double as a sewing room, so right now I am using our formal dining room that hardly ever get any use at all. My sewing machine sits on the dining room table, along with the rest of my sewing stuffs. I also cut on the same table....I really need at least some kind of storage solutions so I can organize my sewing items/accessories.....it is quite a mess right now, unfortunately.

I am really lucky. Our house was meant to have a wet bar in the living room, but the builders made the cubby space into a home office area. So...counter space/desk top and I just keep my machine out all the time, 2 filing cabinet drawers to the side (perfect for patterns in top drawer and Sew Beautiful magazines in the bottom, then there's cabinets right above the desk space where I put shoe boxes of ribbon, thread, lace and my sewing tools. The only problem is that I have to put the yardage in my dining room buffet! I got rid of most of my table cloths so I would have room. Ha!
How do the rest of you manage?

After reading Heather's post about getting a sewing room..I am just wondering where do you do your sewing? I have no dedicated sewing room...and not really much space in the guest room to double as a sewing room, so right now I am using our formal dining room that hardly ever get any use at all. My sewing machine sits on the dining room table, along with the rest of my sewing stuffs. I also cut on the same table....I really need at least some kind of storage solutions so I can organize my sewing items/accessories.....it is quite a mess right now, unfortunately.

I have a great office/craft room in the basement but it has been unorganized for a very long time. You all have motivated me to get it organized so that I could do some sewing. It is just about done.

My mother is coming this week-end and she is going to show me how to use my sewing machine. She bought it for me used over 10 years ago. I have NEVER used it. Chuck uses it. He has made the kids the fleece hats & mittens, a fleece vest for himself, and a couple of other projects. Mom uses it to do my mending when she comes over. :lmao:

Mom may have to help me finish the last little bit of organization. I have taken out at least 3-1/2 bags of shredded paper, 2 bags of paper recycling, a very large box and two large garbage bags to St. Vincents. I've probably got at least 3/4 of the work done. It is more organized than it has been in 17 years. :confused3 It just kept piling up.

So I'm hoping to show you something by the end of the week-end. Mom helped me use her sewing machine when the girls were younger to make American Girl clothes. I did sew before the kids were born. I CAN and WILL do this! Can you tell I'm trying to convince myself?

I have a great office/craft room in the basement but it has been unorganized for a very long time. You all have motivated me to get it organized so that I could do some sewing. It is just about done.

My mother is coming this week-end and she is going to show me how to use my sewing machine. She bought it for me used over 10 years ago. I have NEVER used it. Chuck uses it. He has made the kids the fleece hats & mittens, a fleece vest for himself, and a couple of other projects. Mom uses it to do my mending when she comes over. :lmao:

Mom may have to help me finish the last little bit of organization. I have taken out at least 3-1/2 bags of shredded paper, 2 bags of paper recycling, a very large box and two large garbage bags to St. Vincents. I've probably got at least 3/4 of the work done. It is more organized than it has been in 17 years. :confused3 It just kept piling up.

So I'm hoping to show you something by the end of the week-end. Mom helped me use her sewing machine when the girls were younger to make American Girl clothes. I did sew before the kids were born. I CAN and WILL do this! Can you tell I'm trying to convince myself?

If you believe then you can do it! And you got the believing part done! I don't think you will have any issues making something and finishing your organization!

I started organizing what I turned into my sewing room in September and well, it still isn't organized! And hardly usable. I have never even taken my machine down there yet.

According to post from the webmaster all threads that have 10,000 or more posts we be "hidden". I am going to go ahead and make a new thread now so that people can go ahead and subscribe to it and start posting there. It will be called DISboutiquers as previously suggested.

Thank goodness I checked back in tonight or I would have missed this "imprompto" move. YIKES!!! :eek: :headache: :hug: I say, "Disboutiquers Unite"!!!! And I will be looking for the thread momentarily so I can subscribe. Yeeshhhh I hate moving :rolleyes:

On a happier note, so glad some of you are getting dedicated sewing rooms...a dream of mine! I take up a corner of the playroom. I think I may have posted these pics before but here is my little spot. My folding table is wobbley too! :rolleyes1

IMGP3770.jpg

IMGP3772.jpg

:love: This is the only machine I have ever used (well except my school's machine in 1979 :rotfl: in home ec!)

IMGP3771.jpg

We leave in 5 days! Well after tonight! Here are a couple of my latest creations...

A minnie head tee
disneyskirt006.jpg

The matching twirl skirt, my first!!
disneyskirt005.jpg

disneyskirt007.jpg

Jammies made from flannel fabric
disneyskirt010.jpg

Well I guess I will post my last post ...before we get moved...sniff..
This is my CASE from the outfit on you know where...Sorry Ireland doesn't have a shirt on under her top...LOL...she's nakit...LOL
300436462.jpg

300436472.jpg

Ireland also wanted me to be sure to tell you all that she has new bangs...she loves them...Mommy HATES them...I can't wait for them to grow out...

and we almost made it to out 1 year thread anniversary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter