Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like that fabric & I love what you did with it. This is also a big reason that I sew. I also sew because I can't stay home with my kids AND buy them the kinds of clothes I like. So I sew & I stay home & my girls think I'm sooo cool because I make them pretty clothes.

Thanks to everyone on the comments on this outfit!! I'm bummed that she didn't get to wear it more this year. I loved this fabric too. I was a little worried at first that it was too scary for a 5 year old, but now I think it's great! She'll wear it to school on Halloween too.

IMG_2272.jpg

:banana: HAPPY 1200 PAGES EVERYONE!! :banana:

okay a few pics from last night..

m_58eb28214b61cd751a3b116b4c951742.jpg

well, this one was yesterday at lunch @ Bongos in DTD but it's a good pic.

m_c611c3c17eba3a618740d0d0f9a34785.jpg

This was all 15 of us in the GF

m_492c6ef079ffac27fcc4ca6273e23c48.jpg

Lily sees the castle for the first time (since she doesn't remember the other 4 times she's been to WDW:lmao:

m_8b302bd0ea701c5f2804e5db6e282283.jpg

Me and Ms. Carlotta outside of the newly revamped haunted mansion..we're kindred souls she and I.

m_0f2da9211e87421715e0358248bf6986.jpg

B and I outside the GF

m_024b373be08e840dc6e9475168e1ae9f.jpg

Us and my inlaws outside the GF.

I will try to keep up w/picture posting though with all this rain Lily might be wearing her customs around the villa!;)

Gotta run, we're gonna go cruise the monorail!

...t. ps. these pics aren't nearly big enough but I didn't want to slow ya'll down!!

Okay, you can't see those nearly well enough, here is at least one big one...

l_0f2da9211e87421715e0358248bf6986.jpg

I love this one.

OMG...these are sew cute too! How did you do the Christmas tee? Is that ric rack? That snowflake applique looks hard - I love the fabric too. Where is it from?

Oh my gosh, is that a ruffle that you used to make the tree?! That is SOO cute!! I love that idea. These are both adorable!

The Christmas tree was done by rouching (no clue how to spell that!). I cut strips of fabric 1.25" and did a rolled edge on each side. Then I gathered it, pinned it to the shirt in the shape that I wanted it and sewed down. It was several steps, but it wasn't hard. I really like how it turned out.

The snowman fabric I purchased at a local sewing machine store that sells lots of quilting fabric. I don't have much of it left at all, so the selvage that I have doesn't have the complete name. All that I can make out of it is "nry fabrics collecion 2004". So my guesss is that it is an Alexander Henry fabric.

ps. these pics aren't nearly big enough but I didn't want to slow ya'll down!!
Wow, these look like they would be great pictures...IF I COULD SEE THEM!!! Come on, we need bigger pics!!

ETA: I see you posted a bigger one. You guys look so cute!! Did you walk around MK in those heels?!!

DD and I went to a story time at the mall today. She was cute as always wearing a strip work twirl skirt in orange, black and yellow with a light-up Halloween shirt (bought at Walmart by my MIL). I got so many compliments on her skirt. Several people came up to me to ask if I would sew/sell skirts to them for their daughters. HOW COOL IS THAT?!?:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

DD and I went to a story time at the mall today. She was cute as always wearing a strip work twirl skirt in orange, black and yellow with a light-up Halloween shirt (bought at Walmart by my MIL). I got so many compliments on her skirt. Several people came up to me to ask if I would sew/sell skirts to them for their daughters. HOW COOL IS THAT?!?:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

That is SEWWWW cool!! Didn't you get any pictures?:rolleyes1

I get my blood drawn every Monday and my phlebotomist (big word for the woman who draws my blood) asked if I would make a Minnie Mouse costume for her daughter by Wednesday. I just looked at her and said "Um...no". She was kidding when she asked, but I'm sure she would have taken me up on it! I was flattered!

Ok, let's vote tnmom in charge of the disney scrap exchange! Let's ask her how to go about this.....;) (just kidding) I would be happy to do it, but we need a plan, which I'm not the greatest at.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's the "givens" to the equation:

1. Bunch of Disboutique(e)rs who live all over the USA, and some beyond. by bunch, I mean X amount, to be exact. :thumbsup2

2. Each of us has a bunch of scraps that would make a groovy Disney quilt, if only we had a big ol' selection of different characters/fabrics.

3. Need a easy, inexpensive way to pass them to everyone in a fair manner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What if we:

1.sign up so we have a list of participants

1 1/2.sign up what fabric we have to donate x the amount of participants, so there's no duplicates

2. send the fabric that is cut into equal pieces (but not in precise squares) to a trusted and belove-ed thread member liiiiiiiiike, Theresa or Heather etc. :rolleyes1

3. that trusted person divvies it all up and sends it to the participants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Possible bad things and glitches
:

1.Late comers would add expense of mailing if the trusted person already divvied up the fabric and sent it to all the participants.
Possible solution: Have a deadline and stick to it

2.Duplicate fabrics
Possible Solution: put in what fabric you want to use when signing up

3. Newbies feeling left out
Possible solution: Send extra? Do again next year?

4. Too many of one kind, like ALL princesses no general Disney
Possible solution: ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is anyone interested? Any tips? Thoughts?

I have the brother and love it!

I sew for all of the above reasons too. But I just made my sewing corner in my bedroom (behind closed doors, I'm a sewing sLoB!) where I have a daycare child napping. Thus, I can't sew till after "work".

I just want to do winter dresses (for Norah and me), hoodies, and sleep pants for the whole family. BUT, I REALLY want to collect fabric to do a Disney Eye-Spy quilt! We should do an exchange of some kind to share our scraps :rolleyes: Heyyyy, there's a great idea! :idea: I vote Heather and Theresa can be in charge of that...

I have access to some cheap Bambi fabric :flower3:
I like Heather's idea of having Deann do it! It does sound fun!

I admit, I stole the "concept". Teresa said the pumpkin fabric would make a cute Cinderella outfit. So, I took her idea. However, if Teresa spent less time planning and more time sewing, maybe we could all copy her more often! :rolleyes1
Touché!

It's more the stuff all over my table that is slowing me down though! :rotfl:

:rotfl2: You just said that to make me laugh, didn't you?
I figured I'd better after my first tag suggestion!

Hey now, what's with the quotes around work?! I worked in my mom's day care for quite a while and I can tell you that it's WORK! Actually, it's more like WORK You give yourself the credit you deserve! :cheer2:

I totally agree!!! That is W O R K!!!!

Lily sees the castle for the first time (since she doesn't remember the other 4 times she's been to WDW:lmao:

Me and Ms. Carlotta outside of the newly revamped haunted mansion..we're kindred souls she and I.

B and I outside the GF

I will try to keep up w/picture posting though with all this rain Lily might be wearing her customs around the villa!;)

...t. ps. these pics aren't nearly big enough but I didn't want to slow ya'll down!!

Do you meant to tell me that I have been sitting here with my fingers crossed all day and I get tiny little pictures???????? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 UH! GOSH!

After I got out my magnifying glass, I can say that you all look SO cute!!!!! I vote for bigger pictures though!

The clown scares me though.

OH MY GOODNESS....your little ones are adorable!!! I just LOVE the Cracker Jack boy...how unique. I have never seen a costume like that. He looks so cute! Well so do the girls!!

thank you so much! When I saw it I knew it was super unique. I think I am going to get his pictures done in it!

Lori

DS didn't get a custom this time around, but he still had fun. Why do I sew, you ask... DD got half a dozen comments
(at each of the 3 places we went) about her outfit. She was very proud. When we were leaving the pumpkin patch she was holding my hand. She looked up at me and said, "Thanks for my pretty dress mom, I love it!! You're the best, mom!!" That's why I sew!!

That is the best compliment to a mom ever and that is the reason we all sew. how sweet is she!
Just wanted to post a few things I've made recently.
[/IMG]
IMG_3204.jpg

I did the snowflake applique in a brushed felt material. It turned out ok, but I will not ever use this fabric again. It was a major pain to deal with!

I love the retro feel of this! Awesome job!!!

Okay, you can't see those nearly well enough, here is at least one big one...

l_0f2da9211e87421715e0358248bf6986.jpg

I love this one.
those are the pics I was looking for! Awesome photo!

Ok all -
I wanted to post pics of the last minute outfit I made Emma to wear to the Hannah concert tonight.....

DSC_1498.jpg

DSC_1502.jpg

Ok, let's vote tnmom in charge of the disney scrap exchange! Let's ask her how to go about this.....;) (just kidding) I would be happy to do it, but we need a plan, which I'm not the greatest at.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Bunch of Disboutique(e)rs who live all over the USA, and some beyond. by bunch, I mean X amount, to be exact. :thumbsup2

2. Each of us has a bunch of scraps that would make a groovy Disney quilt, if only we had a big ol' selection of different characters/fabrics.

What if we:

1 1/2.sign up what fabric we have to donate x the amount of participants, so there's no duplicates

2. send the fabric that is cut into equal pieces (but not in precise squares) to a trusted and belove-ed thread member liiiiiiiiike, Theresa or Heather etc. :rolleyes1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:

1.Late comers would add expense of mailing if the trusted person already divvied up the fabric and sent it to all the participants.

2.Duplicate fabrics

~~~~~~~~~~~~

how about just a basic fabric excange. basically all the fabric we can put into a flat rate priority mailer! 1/2 a yard minimum of each cut. less than a 1/2 and it is hard to combine with something. and all different fabrics, disney, holiday, cottons, sheers, etc. if there is something someone is not willing or able to work with they just put ther exclusions. like - Eeyore3847 - no velvets etc. and in the final exchange we should know if there is boys or girls at the house. hate for a boy to get princess fabric!

what ya think!

Just wanted to post a few things I've made recently.

IMG_3199.jpg
IMG_3200.jpg
IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg
IMG_3204.jpg

I did the snowflake applique in a brushed felt material. It turned out ok, but I will not ever use this fabric again. It was a major pain to deal with!

I love these! They were worth all of the agony they look fantastic!

B and I outside the GF

Well, the one pic that I could see of you and hubby was great! You guys look fantastic! However, I am almost blind as it is, so POST BIGGER PICS!:laughing: Lily looks so cute in that pic! Glad you guys are having a good time and hopefully it will stop raining!

how about just a basic fabric excange. basically all the fabric we can put into a flat rate priority mailer! 1/2 a yard minimum of each cut. less than a 1/2 and it is hard to combine with something. and all different fabrics, disney, holiday, cottons, sheers, etc. if there is something someone is not willing or able to work with they just put ther exclusions. like - Eeyore3847 - no velvets etc. and in the final exchange we should know if there is boys or girls at the house. hate for a boy to get princess fabric!

what ya think!

wanted to qlarify, it is the fabrics we already have and know we will not have a use for anymore. some of us have amassed a huge collection! Ihave 2 "trunks" and8 huge rubbermaid containers of fabric! it is overwhelming sometimes.

These are two of my Thanksgiving outfits. I've loved this pumpkin fabric for a long time, but never knew what I would do with it. Then someone posted a cute outfit on here using the same fabric along with this green and gave me these ideas.

For dd2:
th_EmmaTgiving.jpg

For dd7:
th_AbbyTgiving.jpg

Great job on both of these. I love the color combos togeher.

th_10-28-07Cinderelladressoutside.jpg
][/QUOTE]

This is just absolutely stunning. The appliques are to die for. I hope you are eating at Cinderella's Castle when you all go.

[quote="eeyore3847, post: 21525175"][IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/loritaylor3847/th_IMG_3220.jpg

This is a great winter outfit. I'm going to try and do more winterish outfits so they can be worn longer.

Pumpkin Patch Pictures!!
th_IMG_2233.jpg

]

Your DD looks adorable in her Halloween outfit. I'm sure she'll be able to wear in next year, but next year you'll find some other fabric you love and make a new one anyway.

Love the tree T. That was a creative way to do the tree. Great job on both outfits.

Okay, someone's going to need to break this down a little simpler for little 'ol HeatherSue. I gradiated a LONG time ago and I don't know what a fabric exchange entails. So, we stuff fabric in a priority mailer and ship it to whom? Does it all go to one person and they divvy it up? I need more details!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What if we:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:

2.Duplicate fabrics

~~~~~~~~~~~~

what ya think!

Okay, someone's going to need to break this down a little simpler for little 'ol HeatherSue. I gradiated a LONG time ago and I don't know what a fabric exchange entails. So, we stuff fabric in a priority mailer and ship it to whom? Does it all go to one person and they divvy it up? I need more details!

honestly I think the easiest way to do it is to put everyone on a list. pair up 2 people. so if you and I were paired up, I would ship to you and you would ship to me! Just put as much as you can cram into a mailer that is flat rate $9.20 I think it is or so, You can put, uncut patterns, fabric (min 1/2 yard length). just let the other person you are paired up with know your limitations on fabric, so if you can not sew knit or designer weight etc. that way you don't get something you can not use. oh and if you have no boys then no truck fabric etc!
does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter