Kidcot To "Retire" "Duffy On A Stick"

On our last trip in September 2017, some of the Kidcot stops didn't have Duffy and were handing out photocopied coloring pages (zzzz). I thought they were getting rid of them, but maybe they just ran out and didn't plan ahead.

Anyway, before Duffy, they had Perry the Platypus on a stick. Does anyone remember what it was before that? My kids always bring their sticks home - after being hauled all over Epcot and being carefully packed in the car for a 20 hour drive - then most of them get destroyed at home - lol. We do have one Duffy that has every stamp on the back that I saved.

On our last trip in September 2017, some of the Kidcot stops didn't have Duffy and were handing out photocopied coloring pages (zzzz). I thought they were getting rid of them, but maybe they just ran out and didn't plan ahead.

Anyway, before Duffy, they had Perry the Platypus on a stick. Does anyone remember what it was before that? My kids always bring their sticks home - after being hauled all over Epcot and being carefully packed in the car for a 20 hour drive - then most of them get destroyed at home - lol. We do have one Duffy that has every stamp on the back that I saved.

Like a previous poster mentioned, before Duffy, before Perry, it was a mask on a stick that kids coloured and every country had a paper charm that clipped on. Japan was a mini origami. My kids much preferred the masks. Plus there was more interaction with the CMs as they added the charms and wrote on them. I’m hoping they return to non-IPs. My youngest DD is 16 but she might still do it. ;)

For some reason, I thought there was some other stick thing before Perry. Maybe my memory is just getting foggy... lol

ETA: Okay, I just googled it, and I see the mask was on a stick, so maybe that was what I was remembering.

My daughter ran into the same thing in February. No Duffy on a stick, just photocopied pages.

My kids loved the masks. I think we still may have one? I just finally tossed the plastic "robots" from the attraction inside Innoventions.

We all thought Duffy was not appealing. It isn't a true Disney character. We find it kind of creepy and/or stupid. I'd be glad to not see Duffy again!

The masks were very cool.

I'm bummed. He's a darling thing

Whenever we'd walk by the Duffy character with people lined up to take a photo with him, my kids always asked "who is that?" or "why do they want their picture with a bear that isn't a real Disney character?"

So Duffy on a stick was just a teddy bear on a stick to them. I'd love to see a non-character stick.
But he is a Disney character
Would have been a great time to tell them his story

We were there in late May and my daughter and her friend made it their mission to do get all the stamps, they had a great time. Hope it's a fun character to replace it.

We loved Duffy and were sad to see him go. We got a great picture with him at the Epcot pavilion his last summer there.

Im hoping they don't take the Duffy night show away. That's a tradition that we watch every night in our room at Disney.

Yup, just as I thought... I told my daughter that they were changing Duffy, and she was quit upset. I asked her if she still wanted to go on our trip in August, and she agreed to go despite the lack of Duffy. :-)

My kids loved the masks. I think we still may have one? I just finally tossed the plastic "robots" from the attraction inside Innoventions.

We all thought Duffy was not appealing. It isn't a true Disney character. We find it kind of creepy and/or stupid. I'd be glad to not see Duffy again!

The masks were very cool.

I've still got like 4 of those robots in my room. I used one as a toothbrush holder all through college. :D

I like Duffy. I have one from way back when they first came out (I don't think they make them in the darker fur color anymore). I've gotten him a few outfits from Disney over the years, and a Captain America outfit from Build A Bear.

I, too, will miss Duffy! I hope they keep the idea of the cardboard on a stick, though. A piece of paper is hard to carry around and it always got beat up during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter