Kidcot To "Retire" "Duffy On A Stick"

Oh no. That is one of my daughter's favorite parts of WDW. I'm curious to see what replaces it.

Aw! Are they replacing it with anything? Gotta go read the article...
It says it will be replaced, but it doesn't say with what. I hope it isn't Agent P related, since they stopped making that show a few years ago. It would be neat to see a globe or something a bit more generic to give a bit more edu-tainment to it.

Whenever we'd walk by the Duffy character with people lined up to take a photo with him, my kids always asked "who is that?" or "why do they want their picture with a bear that isn't a real Disney character?"

So Duffy on a stick was just a teddy bear on a stick to them. I'd love to see a non-character stick.

Whenever we'd walk by the Duffy character with people lined up to take a photo with him, my kids always asked "who is that?" or "why do they want their picture with a bear that isn't a real Disney character?"

I'm with your kids ;) How was it that there even needed to be a Duffy? There weren't enough cute/cuddly Disney characters to choose from? From what I recall Duffy might have been developed for merchandising for Teddy Bear collectors convention back in the 80s??? Does that ring a bell with anyone?

I'm with your kids ;) How was it that there even needed to be a Duffy? There weren't enough cute/cuddly Disney characters to choose from? From what I recall Duffy might have been developed for merchandising for Teddy Bear collectors convention back in the 80s??? Does that ring a bell with anyone?

He's only been around since 2002, though.

There were "pre-Duffy" hidden Mickey bears prior to them making him a permanent full-fledged character. It's my bet that they sold well enough that they took the plunge. And, yes, Duffy caught on big-time in the Asian parks where there are also Duffy's friends available, and people carry them around in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!