Kidani villa, Jambo, or BLT

TeacherDL

Mouseketeer
There will be five of us in June. My daughters (19 and 13), oldest daughters 19 year old boyfriend, my husband, and me.

We are looking to rent points for a one bedroom villa.
The only real benefit to Kidani is that it has two bathrooms. The negatives are the distance to Jambo (with restaurants, etc) and not having a quick service.
Jambo House seems to be in the best area with quick service but only one bathroom.
Our other option is a one bedroom at blt. The positives for that are close to mk, close to lots of restaurants we like, and two bathrooms. The only real negative (besides that I think akv would be more beautiful) is that it is over $900 more expensive.

I really need help because I just keep going back and forth!

Never stayed in an AK 1 bdrm but have stayed in BLT 1 bdrm.
We used extra points to stay at BLT in order to have 2 bathrooms and glad we did.
With 5 people I would not consider accommodations without 2 bathrooms.
If Kidani is less expensive then I would go for Kidani.
With the ages of your family extra walking is no problem and good for you.

Never stayed in an AK 1 bdrm but have stayed in BLT 1 bdrm.
We used extra points to stay at BLT in order to have 2 bathrooms and glad we did.
With 5 people I would not consider accommodations without 2 bathrooms.
If Kidani is less expensive then I would go for Kidani.
With the ages of your family extra walking is no problem and good for you.

Thank you for the input... I just worry about the distance from kidani to Jambo.

Thank you for the input... I just worry about the distance from kidani to Jambo.

From Kidani to Jambo is about a 10-15 minute walk, depending on which wing of Kidani your room is on. There’s also a shuttle bus that travels between the two pretty continuously, and you can take the park buses too.

Also, Sanaa in Kidani serves quick service breakfast - but is TS for lunch & supper.

From Kidani to Jambo is about a 10-15 minute walk, depending on which wing of Kidani your room is on. There’s also a shuttle bus that travels between the two pretty continuously, and you can take the park buses too.

Also, Sanaa in Kidani serves quick service breakfast - but is TS for lunch & supper.
Okay. I'm 61 years old and grossly overweight and under exercised. It only takes me 5-10 minutes, door to door. Furthermore, some poor CM has the hideous job of driving a shuttle back and forth between the two all day long. It is approximately a third of a mile, at most.

With your kids ages I would expect ak, Epcot and HS to be higher priorities than mk. If that's the case I'd go kidani.
The bus service is wonderful there and it's a 5 minute bus to ak. It's as close to hs as blt is, with better bus service.

Sanaa is my favorite restaurant in all of wdw, and I understand they are doing quick breakfast there now too.

It took my husband and I (he has a shattered leg from a car accident that left him with a leg about 1.5" shorter than the other, I have two total knee replacements) less than ten minutes to walk from KV to JH. The extra bathroom for five people is well worth it. The distance is probably less than the distance from where you get off the bus at the MK to the turnstile to enter the park.

100% would go with Kidani. it's a beautiful resort and the shuttle is great!

We stayed at Kidani 1 BR. Lucked out and had savanna view. We ate at Sanaa 3 times. Bus transportation is great. I love BLT, but I promise you won't be disappointed with Kidani.

AKL is our absolute favorite place. How many days are you staying?

We do slightly prefer Jambo House, but with 3 teens I'd definitely want the 2nd bathroom at Kidani. A 2 bedroom at Jambo would give you that 2nd bathroom and a 2nd real bed, and is probably still a little cheaper than the 2 bedroom at BLT. Check the points required for your dates, but this has been true for us in Oct and Jan travels.

We usually end up at Kidani because that's what's available. The walk is not far at all. If you think you will need to walk over there often, request a room convenient to the walkway. Do you have a Touring Plans subscription? I always use it to research room locations and use their fax service to request our room.

Both sides of the resort are beautiful. I have never been unhappy with any of our rooms. I actually love the standard (parking lot) view rooms on the upper floors. You're looking out at trees rather than down at asphalt, and it's pretty and private. We paid for savanna view once. It was cool but not worth the cost for the amount of time we're in our room.

We haven't been to BLT, yet. We've visited a few different places, but we keep coming back to AKL!

If you enjoy sitting around a pool and relaxing I found Kidani a bit nicer for adults. It seemed a somewhat older crowd than Jambo. The restaurant at Kidani was great. We have stayed at Jambo x3 and the shuttle was never an issue.

when I stay at Kidani the pool had a great amount of teens and pre-teens - guess I picked the wrong week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter