Katie and Larry's TR - Rehersal dinner and morning of the wedding

PrincessBrideKatie

Sleeping Beauty
Sorry this took so long to start, but we have been so busy moving into our new apartment, DH started his new job, and we have been trying to get all of my paperwork in so that I can start applying for a job.

Just a quick history, for anyone that has not read my PJ. DH and I met while working on the College Program at Disney World in 2006, however I was on the international College Program, being from Canada. About 2 weeks after we started dating, I called my SIL (also my MOH) and said "OMG! Patty, I think he is the one!" We were talking marriage when we had only been dating a month... lol he proposed about then but he was drunk at the time :rotfl: His program ended 2 weeks before mine, and he went back to Nebraska. I had decided that since my classes didnt start until about sept 10, that I would come visit him for 10 days before heading back to Ontario. His mother is the kind of person that would welcome anyone to live in her home if they needed to, so she welcomed me and even said I could stay. She seemed to love having me around as she has 3 sons. We continued having a long distance relationship. Feb 2007 DH came along on my annual Mother/Daughter Springbreak trip to DisneyWorld. He proposed on my birthday, the last day of our vacation under the fireworks at a Pirate and Princess Party. I spent summer 2007 living at his house, and his mother got me a job at her work (Fontenelle Forest in Bellevue NE), and we began planning our wedding.

I knew even as a child I wanted a disney wedding, although my dream was to walk down mainstreet and get married in front of Cinderella's Castle. But my Dad is not a millionaire... so I had to plan something different.

DH originally said he wanted an outside wedding, but now claims he never said that. I still remember him saying it and its why we initially said SBP, but when we went to take a look at it in Feb 2007, the paint was chipping and it was dirty and we were not impressed. So then we said YCG. And thats what the plan was. I didnt want to make everyone move around too much, so we said the reception would be at the Yacht Club too. I wanted a dessert party but finances did not allow for it (hopefully at a VR).

We were assigned Celeste DiCicco as our planner, totally awesome planner. And I didnt know she was pregnant til the day before the wedding, but she was pretty far along. I will do a review post soon for everyone we used.

Being a Canadian marrying an American, we had to fill out miles of paperwork. And even then the visa did not come in in time. It was interesting because we had a person very high up in the USCIS helping us (thanks to Larry's Dad a Captain in the Navy with crazy connections) we were not able to push the financee visa through fast enough. So that very nice person at USCIS said to DH "Go, Get Married, enjoy your wedding, spending time with your family and your honeymoon, and then call me when you get back and I will help you with the new paperwork that needs to be filled out." I was like "What??? You are the people that want all of the paperwork done... and yet you are telling me to go against the rules???"

So May 16th came and my parents and I had the car packed and were out on the road at 6:30am heading to the border.
DSC01069.jpg
We got to the Fort Erie border and we told them we were going to DisneyWorld, and the officer asked my Dad "When are you coming back?" he said "May 28th at the latest", and she said "ok" and we were across the border. She technically didnt ask me when I was coming back, so I didnt lie.

The rest of the drive was semi-relaxing, except that I was stuck in the backseat and it looked like this
DSC01073.jpg

We did the drive in two days, because I asked my Dad to push it on the second day, as DH said he would be able to make it in two days too. But when we were about 2hrs away from Orlando, DH messaged me that his Uncle (who was helping DH drive a Penske down with furniture etc) was done for the day, and they were 3hrs away and it was about 4 in the afternoon. I was mad, cause he told me that morning that he was going to be in Orlando that night, and I pushed my 71year old Dad to drive more than he needed to.

We stayed at a Holiday Inn in Kissimmee that night, it was bad! They had a problem with laundry that day, and we could not get any clean towels until midnight, and that was with 2 phonecalls to the front desk, and my asking the person delivering towels to the room next to us, whom I know did not get in until after us and called for towels after us.

The next morning we checked into Port Orleans Riverside, my Mom's favourite resort, and it was my Dad's first Disney Resort stay. It was nice, though I think I only slept there one night. We then headed to Walmart to buy stuff for the apartment. We had to wait until DH and his uncle arrived to get into the apartment. We still had time to waste after Walmart, so we went to lunch at Denny's, I havent eaten there since I was like 10, but it reminded me of Village Inn, which DH's family eat at alot. We got to the apartment and DH was there, and we just had to sign the lease together and give the first month's rent. We went and unloaded the cars and some of the penske. My brother Mike and his family arrived that night, and DH and I went to their rented house for dinner and to introduce DH to them. Of course my niece and nephews loved Larry! We got in the pool with them and they had a blast. They invited us to stay over for the night. We did, but DH had an interview in the morning so I went with Mike and his fam to MK as was planned, except that I was supposed to meet them with Mom and Dad there. I dont have any pics of that, Mike and Patty got them all. I loved the kids reactions to WDW!

DH's bestman arrived that day and they met up while I was at MK, and then they came over after. The kids loved Matt as well. Larry, Matt and I went to Downtown Disney for Dinner at Earl of Sandwich (always amazing), and then we saw Prince Caspian. I didnt expect it to be as long as it was, and we didnt get out of the theater til 1:00am, so again I didnt stay with my parents because i knew I would wake them up, and that would be bad. So I stayed with DH and BM at the apartment.

Tuesday morning, I had my test run with Ana from Beaute Speciale set for 12. But I knew I was going to be late as we had to meet with Rev Keener, Dh's Rev from when he lived in VA, as he wanted to go over exactly what we wanted for the ceremony. So I called and had it moved back 1/2 an hour. I still almost didnt arrive in time. It went really well, I loved how I looked. She then put my hair in a different style so that I could meet up with DH and he wouldnt know how my hair was going to be. We met up with his family at the Rainforest Cafe at DAK. It was really good, we got two of their Volcanoes between all 10 of us and there was still some left over. That night I stayed with my parents at POR. Here are pics from the test run:
Lots of curls
DSC00061.jpg

Me without makeup
DSC00063.jpg

With some makeup, but hair isnt quite right
DSC00065.jpg

With the veil
DSC00067.jpg

Changed the hair... its closer to the picture I had of what I wanted
DSC00069.jpg

Wednesday was tux fitting day, and our Mondry family (AKA my family) dinner. We went to the Florida Mall, and got the tuxes fitted, and for the most part everything fit well, except that there was a hole in DH's tux and Gabriel (the RB)'s tux didnt fit at all, but Mike measured him so I dont know if it was Mike's fault. They told us they would not guarentee any tux to fit that had the measurements phoned in. Overall the tuxes looked great. But I didnt get pics. Mom did. Still waiting on her for her pictures. I stayed with DH and the guys while Mom and Dad went to pick up my brother Jim and his wife Katie as they were arriving on Disney's Magical Express.
Fitting of my Dad:
DSC00073.jpg

Fitting Gabriel:
DSC00079.jpg

Dinner was at Ohana, it was interesting. They got Larry and I to hold the limbo pole while the kids did the limbo. We had to dress up in Grass skirts and had about a million leis around our necks. Mom had told them that Jim and Katie were vegetarians and so they brought them different food, involving tofu. Jim and Katie gave us their gifts. A blanket that Katie crochetted (sp?) into mickey heads. And blue glass dessert glasses. I could not believe that she put that much effort into anything for me, as we have never gotten along.
Learning to hula:
DSC00090.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

After dinner, we went back to Mike and Patty's. It went ok, but there was tension as Jim's Katie is not the most favourite person in our family. On they way back to the hotel, I may have said something that made her ask if Dad could stop the car so she could walk, but she picks at me, and my mother knows it. And my mom told me afterwards at the hotel, that she was proud of me for standing up for myself.

Wednesday night I called GF Spa to see if I could get reservations for mani pedis for me and my MOH. and they said we could get in at 11:30am, so Mike took the kids to Mk and Patty and I met up there and then took the monorail over to the GF. We had great mani pedis, and they recommended a facial. But I was like "The day before my wedding? I thought facials make your face breakout" and they guarenteed me their facials would not make me breakout and I would 'glow'. Patty volunteered to pay for them, so I was like "ok". It was the best facial I have ever had, so relaxing and calming. The woman that gave it to me said that its ok if I fall asleep, but I didnt. We were slightly late for the rehersal at the YCG, but the guys were not there yet anyway, the only people there were my Mom, Dad, Celeste, and the Rev. Mom had also checked me in as I was staying at they Yacht Club that night. Patty and Melissa (my junior bridesmaid) were also going to stay with me. The guys arrived and we started the rehersal.

The Ring Bearer (age 3) was adorable, he had to have someone holding his hand, and he would not let go of Larry and I during the rehersal. The only pic I have is on my cell that DH's brother took and i dont know how to get in on here.

I have to stop here as my computer is getting really hot, and it has a tendency to overheat. So hopefully I will continue later.

Yay! You started! FYI - I may try to plan a September trip to get a last Kungaloosh and Hooplah in.

I'm glad to see you started your TR! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Great start on your trip report, Katie!! they were right about the facial - you did glow :goodvibes

We are going again too so we can go to AC one last time but our trip will be early August :hippie:

Awesome, the big plan is the night of the 27th, it will be packed (especially with cast members)

Yup! That's the weekend I'm aiming for. Get the Food and Wine Festival, MNSSHP and AC all in one weekend. I'm going to see about booking a room on Monday.

So have you both moved to Orlando then?
Sorry, maybe I missed something in your PJ about this...

So have you both moved to Orlando then?
Sorry, maybe I missed something in your PJ about this...

Yeah, we moved to Orlando. Its our favourite place to be so, when we were discussing where we wanted to live, it seemed like the perfect place. We both want to work for Disney, and DH is working there now (at Blizzard Beach). I have to wait until I get a work permit. So we are now about 8mins away from MK, and DH can get to work in 15min.

Yeah, we moved to Orlando. Its our favourite place to be so, when we were discussing where we wanted to live, it seemed like the perfect place. We both want to work for Disney, and DH is working there now (at Blizzard Beach). I have to wait until I get a work permit. So we are now about 8mins away from MK, and DH can get to work in 15min.
Wow that's so awesome!
That's like my dream :lovestruc
I'm not even sure we can get "living" visas easily over here for the US.......

Wow that's so awesome!
That's like my dream :lovestruc
I'm not even sure we can get "living" visas easily over here for the US.......

Visas for living in the states are hard no matter where you are from. Even marrying an American doesnt guarentee I can stay in the US. I am waiting for my papers to go through.

Great start to the TR! Can't wait to read more! I loved the way you had your hair done in the last picture.

After the Rehersal, we all got changed in my room at the Yacht Club. The day before, while at the mall, I found a really cute blue sparkly dress and it was my size and on sale, so I thought perfect for the rehersal dinner. Well, I finished straightening my hair and went to put it on, and realised, not only was there a hole in the seam at the waist, but there was also something that looked like pink gum on it. I was livid! I was like what am I going to do? I have nothing else to wear! Luckily the sash around the waist covered the hole in the seam and we got most of the pink stuff off of it. I have to say, my MOH was amazing at staying calm while I had freakouts the day before and the day of the wedding, I dont know how she did it.

We left MOH's kids with my brother Jim and his wife, while we went to dinner.

We all headed out in my brother mike's van to the Contemporary Resort. We were late. We get to the check in desk for the California grill and we dont see any of DH's family, and I know they were there during the rehersal so they must be at the restaurant already. There were some very cranky guests at the desk and freaked out because I couldnt tell who was in line and who wasnt. Finally they told us that our party was already upstairs and we could head up. DH, the BM, my MIL, FIL, GMIL (Grandmother in law), the minister and his fiancee were all there. We all did our hugs and hellos and I finally got to meet my husband's Nana. Because we were such a large party we were not able to book a seating later than 5:50, so we didnt get to see the fireworks from the restaurant. But it was really pretty, and the food was amazing.

We shared three cheese flatbreads. I then had the Sonoma goat cheese ravioli (which was so good!). I was disappointed in the Halibut, because it said Brioche Crusted Halibut, so I assumed it would have a crust... it didnt. And for dessert I got the Valrhona Chocolate and Coffee, which was a chocolate lava cake and ice cream. And through dinner the wine was flowing... a little too much, and I was slightly tipsy by the end of dinner.

My parents, MOH and my brother mike headed back to my hotel. We changed quickly. My parents took the RB, and MOH, Mike and their three oldest kids headed to downtown, meeting up with the guys and making the 10pm showing of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Afterwards, Mike dropped MOH, JB (junior bridesmaid) and I off at my hotel and we had showers and went to bed.

I had slept horribly the night before. My MOH snores and makes seriously funny noises that get less funny as the night goes on because I still could not fall asleep until I was utterly exhausted.

The alarm went off at 7:00. We had breakfast reservations for 7:50 at Cape May Cafe. My mother arrived shortly there after with the RB, in his adorable Ringbearer shirt, that says "Official Ring Bearer" on a badge on the front, and "Ring Security" on the back.

We walked over to the Beach Club and had a great breakfast.
Gabriel was so excited to see Minnie!
DSC01104.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01101.jpg

We knew we had some time, as it was only 9:00 and Ana and Lily as well as the dress steaming people would be arriving at 10:30. So we played on the beach for a while. Until it started to rain, but it was only a quick little sprinkle.

Mike came and picked up Gabriel as well as my overnight bag, because Mike was going to pick up Larry's tux when he picked up Gabriel's, so he would see Larry and could give him my bag. They guys were going to get ready in our complimentary room at the Polynesian.

We watched tv and did some stuff while we waited, and then the chaos began.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter