• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kardashian shut down?

I will probably be the only one who feels this way, but they have the money. I am not a fan of the Kardashian clan, but I see no difference in the family that spends $300 on a bowling party and makes $30,000 a year. It is all relative. DL is a business and one who offers the opportunity for people to rent them out if they have the money. They are doing nothing wrong and aren't asking for people to fund it for them so they are hurting nobody. It is no different than a corporation renting it out for their employees or for a red carpet event. They are doing it for themselves and the others in attendance than for North, but I'm sure she'll have an amazing time. I don't think it is entitlement to pay for something you want that is for sale just because it is more expensive than what most could afford. Entitlement is thinking you should have it even when you cannot afford to do so IMO.

I can see where your coming from and I really wouldn't have a problem with it if it was scheduled in advance and let people who are paying for airfare, hotels, etc in advance know

They may not necessarily be having the party ON her actual birthday. The second half of July does not have hours posted yet, and Disney could easily close one park at 6:00 on one day to accommodate a private party. Maybe that's the plan?

I can see where your coming from and I really wouldn't have a problem with it if it was scheduled in advance and let people who are paying for airfare, hotels, etc in advance know

This I definitely agree with. Though I think that falls on DL as their fault and not the Kardashian family for not alerting people properly.

The entitlement I speak of would be any displacement of 50K guests, with little to no notice. I understand, they can afford to have a $2-25M party, great. Don't shove me or anyone else out of your way to have your party.

If DL or DCA were to be closed for a party, there needs to be sufficient notice to allow people to plan around it.

I guess I need to shut up, this is a rumor and all I am is doing is feeding the machine... I glad I am not going to be there at the same time. I feel sorry for anyone adversely effected.

We are scheduled at BBB & BB F! that day so I will be extremely unhappy if this is the case.

I will probably be the only one who feels this way, but they have the money. I am not a fan of the Kardashian clan, but I see no difference in the family that spends $300 on a bowling party and makes $30,000 a year. It is all relative. DL is a business and one who offers the opportunity for people to rent them out if they have the money. They are doing nothing wrong and aren't asking for people to fund it for them so they are hurting nobody. It is no different than a corporation renting it out for their employees or for a red carpet event. They are doing it for themselves and the others in attendance than for North, but I'm sure she'll have an amazing time. I don't think it is entitlement to pay for something you want that is for sale just because it is more expensive than what most could afford. Entitlement is thinking you should have it even when you cannot afford to do so IMO.

exactly... no difference to buying out a cinema for a private screening. I used to work for an outside events catering company and you would be amazed at the venues which are used for out of hours events, corporate parties , birthdays etc. To me the Kardashians closing Disney for a day is no different. They have the money, Disney is a business and at the end of the day is all about profit. Disney. They could make example $200 amount of profit having that day as a normal operating day but if closing to general public for a Kardashian buyout makes $400 profit then thats what they will do.

What about when Michael Jackson used to do this, back in the day........
Same thing, money is money. I would do it, if I had the bucks, we all would! pixiedust:

--Lori

The entitlement I speak of would be any displacement of 50K guests, with little to no notice. I understand, they can afford to have a $2-25M party, great. Don't shove me or anyone else out of your way to have your party.

If DL or DCA were to be closed for a party, there needs to be sufficient notice to allow people to plan around it.

I guess I need to shut up, this is a rumor and all I am is doing is feeding the machine... I glad I am not going to be there at the same time. I feel sorry for anyone adversely effected.

Again, how is that entitlement for the Kardashian family. If I call my favorite steak house tonight and ask to rent out the restaurant for a party and the restaurant says yes even though they are booked solid am I entitled. That is on the restaurant to decide if they want to upset guests and cancel reservations to get a what could be an even more lucrative party. That is on them as a buisness to allow of disallow it. Doesn't make me entitled because I could and did book something a company willingly wanted. It is DL who is to blame if they put out their customers. They should have said no that date isn't available, but this day is, but they didn't...if this is the case.

I always love how people get called entitled because they have money to buy stuff. People are entitled because they buy VIP tours or extra park perks. I see it on the DIS all the time. Disposable income is there to do what you want with it. The more you have the more ridiculous you are when spending it. Just because most view the Kardashians as not really working hard for their money, doesn't change that they have it spend. Lucky them. If I had 200 Million dollars I be doing lots of crazy things.

Tick off 50,000 people or one family? Hmmm. I doubt Disney will close the park for an entire day. Money spends the same no matter the source.

How is closing a theme park the same as closing a movie? If you close a movie no big deal go to another theater or wait a day the worst you are out $10.00 closing a theme park does not even compare

I think Disney would have a serious problem if they did this!

They've done it.

Has there been any precedence to DL closing the park for a private party with less than 2 weeks warning?

Yep.

The last time I really remember the park being closed for a large-scale private event was for Miles Cyrus' 16th birthday when DL closed early and then re-opened for an invitation-only private function in the evening. I don't know how far in advance it was announced however.

Last minute.

Mariah Carey also tends to get the parks closed early. At least she loves the parks, though. Have the Kardashians ever even BEEN to DLR? (I don't watch the show but I do read dailymail and TMZ and I've NEVER read of them being sighted there, not like Mariah, Gwen Stefani, Heidi Klum, John Stamos, Holly Madison, etc...the actual Disney fans who are also celebrities)

Sorry... this is a party for two year old girl. She would be just as happy with a bowl of ice cream, a cake, some new toys and the boxes they came in.

Why do some people feel so entitled?

I agree with the first one. Emphasis on 2 year olds loving the boxes for toys the same as and sometimes more than the toys that were in them!

But I don't agree that it's feeling "entitled". They aren't expecting it to shut without compensation. If a celebrity rents out a park; if I company rents out a park, they are paying a LOT of money. Them paying that helps the normal ticket-buyer because it fills Disney's coffers a bit more so they raise prices a little less than they might otherwise feel they have to.

If I book the banquet room at the pizza place 5 minutes before someone else meant to, I'm affecting someone else, but I'm not feeling "entitled". No matter how much they thought they should get it.

I believe that in the ticket contract it says that anything can close at any time and we're not entitled to compensation for it.

I wonder if grandma Caitlyn will be there?

Can't see why not, though Caitlyn is a *step*grandparent just to be very specific (as a stepkid/sister and also a half-sister I like to be precise about the relationships).

I. Don't blame the family renting but
Again, how is that entitlement for the Kardashian family. If I call my favorite steak house tonight and ask to rent out the restaurant for a party and the restaurant says yes even though they are booked solid am I entitled. That is on the restaurant to decide if they want to upset guests and cancel reservations to get a what could be an even more lucrative party. That is on them as a buisness to allow of disallow it. Doesn't make me entitled because I could and did book something a company willingly wanted. It is DL who is to blame if they put out their customers. They should have said no that date isn't available, but this day is, but they didn't...if this is the case.

I always love how people get called entitled because they have money to buy stuff. People are entitled because they buy VIP tours or extra park perks. I see it on the DIS all the time. Disposable income is there to do what you want with it. The more you have the more ridiculous you are when spending it. Just because most view the Kardashians as not really working hard for their money, doesn't change that they have it spend. Lucky them. If I had 200 Million dollars I be doing lots of crazy things.

Reminds me of when I was at WDW and some guy called me a rich prick because I had fast passes. He told his wife how full of myself because all my family had fast passes. I could have told them fast passes were free and how they worked but because he called me a prick I left it alone lol

I hope that is a rumor and I feel bad for anyone that plans to be there at that time but if I had their money I would do the same thing but probably go when it is a little cooler and give them more notice then a few weeks. I know they have done this before, they rented out six flags for one of the jenner girl's birthday party. So it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

Mariah Carey also tends to get the parks closed early. At least she loves the parks, though. Have the Kardashians ever even BEEN to DLR? (I don't watch the show but I do read dailymail and TMZ and I've NEVER read of them being sighted there, not like Mariah, Gwen Stefani, Heidi Klum, John Stamos, Holly Madison, etc...the actual Disney fans who are also celebrities)

If you google Disneyland and Kardashians it comes up with quite a few pictures of the family there. Kris Jenner actually celebrated her birthday there last year. I don't think she shut the park down for that though.

I am one of the unfortunate people who have a trip planned for this timeframe. If they shut DL then DCA will be a madhouse!

I. Don't blame the family renting but

Reminds me of when I was at WDW and some guy called me a rich prick because I had fast passes. He told his wife how full of myself because all my family had fast passes. I could have told them fast passes were free and how they worked but because he called me a prick I left it alone lol

Ouch!! That's mean. It also proves my point though. People react harshly when they see other people getting things they cannot (only in this case the meanie was wrong and could have had it) and think they are spoiled, entitled etc. There are tons of things that people can do that I cannot (I'm looking at you people who have million dollar beachfront homes in Hawaii) and I may feel jealous and even imagine what it would be like to be able to do it, but I don't begrudge them...even if I think they are a holes IRL.

I'm going to guess the party (if it's true) is for a day hours aren't released yet....

Im going that day as well so it would be a bummer if they close that day for me. I don't have an issue with someone paying for the park the close to have a private event, I just hope its not on a day Im going. :sad:

I was there for Millis 16th yes they closed early and that was just fine. They may have an after hours party but the whole park closed for those ppl would be insane on Disney's part./ The kids 2.. God you already screwed the poor kid with that horrible name now you want to get 50K ppl mad because you think the two year old will have a good time at DL. Please wait until she can at least remember it and then as I said, an after hours party would be fine.

I pray its a rumor.
BTW if I ever had the money to close the park id invite all the Dis-board friends LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter