Justins Wish trip :) Pre trip report...

hi there! you have an adorable family. I have been wanting to go to Disney the week of your dates for my ds's 5th b.day! I don't think it's going to happen, but if it does, I will look for you there!

I just found your Pre-Trip report.

I am so happy for you that you get to go to WDW. We were there last summer during SWW. DHS was super crazy busy during the weekend. DS13 was not interested in any of the Star Wars programs, so we left and came back another day. :confused3 So, I'm not much help for that.

I was happy to read that you got all of Callie's paperwork. I know I get so impatient when it comes to waiting on paperwork. I know y'all are super excited to have that hurdle accomplished.

I was also happy to hear that J is doing sort of OK. I will be praying for him and the family.

I'm so sorry that you lost your computer data. Hopefully, you will be able to recreate it.

BTW, I will be lurking quite a bit. Just to keep up with how your trip planning is going. I may not post anything if I don't feel like I have anything helpful to contribute. But, just wanted to let you know that I'll be out there. :cool2:

Hi and welcome to the thread diznymom :)
My boys are O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with all things Star Wars so Its a real treat for them to be able to see some of the characters "in person" . Funny thing found typed in the search engine lately "stores for real light sabers" uh huh..yup.

They boys have been battling 5ths disease lately so they are pretty itchy but overall not too bad Callie has been lucky so far. We had never even heard of fifths before so this is new to us!

Thank you for including us in your prayers everyone has been so great with keeping Justin in their thoughts and prayers it's been wonderful.

Yes it was wonderful to get Callie's papers and getting them in the mail for her birthday?That was truly the best gift!
Yes the computer thing is a Pain! so many things you don't think about get lost when your hard drive self destructs, Photos, e-mails, address book, letters and forms and documents, music and such from itunes gack! But I must say with everything else that was going on it put things in perspective and I didn't freak out much..

hi there! you have an adorable family. I have been wanting to go to Disney the week of your dates for my ds's 5th b.day! I don't think it's going to happen, but if it does, I will look for you there!

Hi dara : )

Aww 5 is such a good age! Yes, please do! I am going to have to get a green heart that's the way to find fellow dis'ers right right?

Just popped in to read your TR. Your kids are awfully cute!

I just wanted to say that we had some concerns regarding allergies/asthma and animals regarding AK too. We ended up doing Kilimanjaro Safari, Festival of the Lion King, It's Tough to be a Bug, Everest, and we rode Dinosaur a kajillion times (my sons loved that one!), and that much was fine as far as animal exposure. We were nowhere near them, but got to see them from varying distances on the safari.

You have the most beautiful family and the greatest photographs! I love seeing the pics of the kids and really liked the one of your entire family as well -- IMO you can never post too many pictures!

Congrats on Justin's wish trip and congrats on the adoption of your dd -- she is a doll!

I just read your ptr and had to comment b/c I am an optometrist and saw Justin has a plethora of unfortunate visual circumstances. Just make sure he is being seeing by the best pediatric ophthalmologist. Unfortunately sometimes there is nothing that can be done for certain problems, but for other things if caught early and intervention is taken it can save some vision. You are a smart mom to stay on top of things!

Joining along for all the Pre-trip planning!! Thanks for sharing your sweet family with us!

Here is Justin's (cheesy) reveal video. my MIL wanted to witness the reveal because she was supposed to be going with us as our helper so we saved the big reveal for our family reunion in the mountains. We wanted it to be really special, but how?
I made a large print note and rolled it up into a little scroll which I then placed in a blown out emptied eggshell then I stuffed it with confetti and sealed the small holes with toothpaste then put it into a bag. We took it up to my in laws property and hid it in plain sight a little way into the woods. When we got there to bury a family time capsule my father in law reported seeing Chip and Dale up here talking to the other chipmunks
"I wonder what they were doing all the way out here"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd4gCZIcQq4

:love:

LOVE! the video. He looks so excited.. What a great idea you had but my absolute most favorite part is the shirt J is wearing!

The good news: J's blood tests came back and he does not need another biopsy yet!! I swear I almost kissed the clinic office co-ordinator when she told me!

The not so good news: We still don't know what is causing the strange vision problems he is experiencing.But have an appointment with Neuro tomorrow afternoon, I'm guessing this will mean more tests.

The bad news My MacBook pro froze and then crashed. I have taken it in to the genius bar and hopefully they can fix it otherwise everything including the Disney schedule that I have spent a month on will be gone. Thank goodness I can access the dining reservations I made online. I tell you one thing, next time I will be sure to print out a paper copy at least once in awhile!

I'll definitely be praying for you guys! Hope everything returns to "normal" soon.

I think I read that you're doing BBB with Callie. We went last Sept and did this with my daughter. It was wonderful. But just be aware that they were AN HOUR behind... and we missed some time in MK because of it; however, the Mommy/Daughter/Grandma time was worth it. :) Congrats on the finalization of her adoption and her party looked amazing.

So, I'm curious.. Is your DisName a hint that you're a snow white fan?

Just found your Pre trip report!! You have a beautiful family! My son was just approved to make a wish through the Dream Factory!! He is still deciding between WDW and NYC! I’m leaning towards WDW!! :) We will go during fall break since he doesn’t do the heat very well. He loves Star Wars, but I just dont think May/June will be a good time for us. :-( Glad you finally got your dates!!

Wow!! It's getting busy I feel like a kid on Christmas (or like Rapunzel once she saw the lanterns!) Seeing all of the replies when I pop on here.

mom2ajnm: So Exciting your son is getting a wish, my wish is to go to NYC!! if you go to FAO schwartz you can make your own muppet Whatnot!!!

http://www.fao.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11534102

Make sure to put a link to your pre trip report in your siggy so I can read it!!

Hi cogero welcome to the story of our journey :)

Hi Blyssfull Yes I love his shirt too he has the can do attitude to go with it but this year has been hard with his peers doing more than he can and he has noticed he has to do things they don't so when I see a shirt like that I snap it up for him. We got that one at Khols in the states as well as one that says AWESOME ends in ME!

An Hour late :eek: We are doing the Downtown Disney location if that makes a difference? I waited too late for an early reservation, but I keep checking back. thanks for the tip : )

Thanks for the congrats! No while I do like Snow White my Disname has to do with the idea of family trees and the apple comes from a family surname. We used an apple theme for Callie's adoption party so its special to us :)

to be continued in next post...

VBAndrea :Thank you for all the nice things you said! I'm going to post a couple more tonight I hope : )
Also thanks for the vision advice! It amazes me how nice and caring everyone is here on the "boards" He has been followed by the leading pediatric ophthalmologist and pediatric neuro/ophthalmologist since he was 4 or 5 months old at our local children's hospital unfortunately they are almost to retirement and so they saw him for the last time in 2011 we meet his new ophthalmologist next month.

EvangelineG Its relief to hear that you were able to do AK without incident : ) The boys (and Callie, not sure she will make height) are desperate to do Expedition Everest. So I have added it to the schedule with fingers crossed. I plan to have Reactine on board daily as per usual and have some Benadryl in case of breakthrough episodes.

Funny thing found typed in the search engine lately "stores for real light sabers" uh huh..yup.

I am another one who tends to lurk more than comment but the above story just reminded me so much of my younger son when he was 10 or 11 that I had to come out of lurkdom to say that I can't wait to read more about your trip plans. They are going to have an amazing time!

Judy

Greetings hey_jude : ) thanks for lurking! The newest one is yesterday at supper we said to Hayden that he is a master not a mister and he said yes I'm the master of Ketchup!!!

Lets see if I can post these pictures correctly!

These are from Callie's 4th puppy party, she is obsessed with puppies at the moment. The kids all got to wear puppy ears. We had a hotdog bar, "pup"corn "kibble" cake and watched Lady and the Tramp and at the end of the party the kids took home doggie bags with scooby snacks and other bits and bobs. The best part of the party was that Callie's 6mo old Bio sister "J" came! She is living with her paternal grandparents and that was the 2nd time they were able to meet, Next visit will be later this month. Happy heart! :love:

The invite outside and in:

2012callies4thinvite.jpg

2012callieinviteinside-1.jpg

and the party Pic's

2012callies4th3kids.jpg

2012Callies4thblowingoutthecandles.jpg

2012callies4thcalliefood.jpg

2012callies4thfood.jpg

2012callies4thhayden.jpg

Next up the (almost finalized) trip plan...

joining in too!

you have a beautiful family! love all your photos! and the video is amazing!

you are very talented, love Callie's bday party! what a fun idea!!!

looking forward to reading all your plans!

We arrive in Orlando just before 5pm then we get our rental van, plan to stop by Target to get some supper, food and snacks for the trip. Then go to the resort to settle in. Our wish society puts up wish trippers at the Buena Vista resort and spa http://www.lbvorlandoresort.com/ We were initally disappointed that we wouldn't be able to experience the sense of togetherness that GKTW has but I think our trip will be amazing no matter what.

So day 1 will be a Magic Kingdom day we plan to be there for rope drop then leave for DTD around lunchtime so we can eat before Callie has her BBB apt at the DTD location. Dad's then going to take the boys to build their own light sabers while we do the girly girl thing (I was hoping to be able to change this appointment to an earlier time or better day but no luck yet. then back to the resort to have a nap for callie and a swim & rest for the boys then supper and back to MK for the boys apt. at the Harmony barbershop. This is going to be our one late night where we try to stay until the bitter end and see the main st electrical parade and fireworks, I fully expect Callie to be asleep in her stroller by the end :)

Day 2 Universal studio's Harry Potter WW. (Shhh!! Please don't tell Mickey that we are stepping out on him!!) We plan to experience Hogsmead, hogwarts and after lunch at the 3 broomsticks we will assess what else needs to be seen and done then go back for a swim and rest.
That evening we have planned to take Justin on a special date for supper with mom and dad to les chefs de france at Epcot ( fingers crossed that Remy is working! while Auntie has pizza and a movie time with the other 2 at the hotel.Then we plan to spend some 2-1 time with him either at Epcot or wherever he wants to go.

Day 3 STAR WARS WEEKENDS at HS we figure Friday will be the slowest of the 3 SWW days? so we plan to be there for rope drop and to see the preshow then after experiencing all we can including Jedi training and star tours (high on the kids list) we are off to eat an early lunch at the 50's prime time Cafe and watch the parade then back for an afternoon rest and dinner at "home" and then the Pirates and Pals fireworks dessert cruise (BIG secret!!)

to be continued soon...

Hi Ethans Momma : ) Welcome to the thread

So where did we leave off with the plan?

Day 4 EPCOT day Justin is really excited to see the gardens and visit the different parts of the world in the pavilions.
I plan to let Callie pick an oyster and look for a pearl in Japan Has anyone tried this?
Both boys are wanting to blast off at mission space and do the test track (which may be closed we heard?)
All 3 want to do Turtle talk with Crush and the seas with Nemo.
Dad's favorite ride from Disneyland was soaring so that is what he is excited to see. We are all looking fwd to the lion king show too.
After lunch it will be time again for a break and swim at the hotel.

This is our character dinner night at 1900 Park Fare. I can not wait. Because apparently according to a couple TR's I read, (shoutout: HeatherSue and TheresaJoy) they said that the stepsisters are Hilarious. If you haven't read thier TR's go now....hee hee hee I will wait here..But be prepared.. you will go through a whole range of emotions along with these ladies and their families...well what are you waiting for?

Ok, so back to the plan. At 1900 park fare apparently the evil stepsisters are totally into playing along and I have Justin convinced to take this GINORMOUS plastic diamond ring (it looks as big as a ring pop) to propose to one of the sisters (or both, he can be quite charming).
Hayden as of yet can not be convinced "Well I am NOT doing that. he says)
I'd like to make a shirt for J that says something to the effect of "why yes I am charming.." Wouldn't that be fun : ) We are also looking forward to meeting the rest of the Cinderella group too.
Then back to the hotel, it shouldn't be too late by then because supper starts at 4 but we will need to get Callie down to bed with auntie watching her and maybe we will take the boys back out to do more star wars weekends or for another swim.

Day 5- Breakfast at the Kona Cafe, have you heard they have pineapple macadamia pancakes there YUM!
Then off to AK (after an extra dose of Reactine!) Apparently Expedition Everest is at the top of the list today.Dad and the boys want to be soaked at the Kali River Rapids (i will sit this one out with Auntie mal & Callie)
The Finding Nemo musical is on the list as well as the Safari (if there hasn't been any asthma/ allergic reactions.
This evening I'm taking my sister out for a date night (to thank her for coming along to help). The plan is to eat at house of Blues do a bit of DTD shopping and to see Fantasmic. Meanwhile Dad and the kids have a date with some Flat Rocks pizza & maybe some more pool time (have I mentioned my kids are fish?) and perhaps a movie.

To be continued in a min..

Day 6 Non Star Wars Weekend Hollywood studios day We plan to do anything that we were unable to do during star wars weekends High on the list is the tower of terror, Rock n roller coaster,Toy story mania, Muppet vision (we all love the muppets!) the Beauty and the Beast show,stunt and studio backlot tour and I'm sure star tours at least twice or more! We have ADR's for the Sci-fi drive in for lunch. Then our usual break and back to the Magic Kingdom (to say goodbye) for the evening depending on how everyone is feeling.

Day 7- Home day : (but we don't fly out until the afternoon so we plan to drive out and see the upside down building (Justin loves extreme weather and may want to become a storm chaser and is amazed by the story behind the building) Then Lunch & maybe do a bit of shopping at Downtown Disney before we head to the airport depending on timing.

Well phew! That is the plan. I know that some things may have to change (the heat especially has me worried) but It feels good to have a schedule to keep us on track. Any hints tips or input would be greatly appreciated!

In case you are wondering what we mean by the upside down building:

http://www.wonderworksonline.com/orlando/

Also does anyone know if there is a nice beach nearby WDW we may change our plans to include a beach evening if we can find somewhere nearby...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter