Just the 3 of us… almost. Nov '09 TR ~ Update 7/10

We have a picture of my nieces at 3 and 5 sitting on one of the benches on main street crying their eyes out. It was late and they had a bit of a melt down. They are now 21 and 18 and think it is hilarious.

That is great. Especially that they are older and can look back on it and laugh. How funny that it was on Main Street.

I was just going to ask you how they did the tickets/bag check! Thanks for answering. :laughing: Oh man, I would think they would've kept the stop at the Disneyland Hotel?

Haha, that HAS to be his Baby Ad!

It's really nice when you are in DTD and decide to take the monorail in. The line is usually pretty short and when you get off in the park, you are already deep into Tomorrowland so you don't have to walk all that distance from the main gate.

Yeah, I have all of these cute pictures of him as a baby, but I'm considering that picture for his baby ad. I'm so mean. :laughing:

Not only is that pic of Dylan hilarious, but also sooo cute!! Looking like a little man and bawling like a baby! :rotfl: I'm sure you will put that to good use in the future. :laughing:

I just realized that you leave in a few days to Disneyland and we leave to WDW on Sunday - we will each be in our respective home-state Disneys at the same time! :laughing: Too bad we won't be at the same Disney at the same time, we could have met. :upsidedow

Hi readers (if there are any of you left)! Sorry I haven't updated in a while but we were on another trip to Disneyland & San Diego. My nephew graduated in SD, so we had an excuse to stop by Disneyland for a couple of days on the way down. I am hoping to have an update in the next couple of days. Thank you for sticking with me & I hope you all are doing well!.

Alison :goodvibes

Not only is that pic of Dylan hilarious, but also sooo cute!! Looking like a little man and bawling like a baby! :rotfl: I'm sure you will put that to good use in the future. :laughing:

I just realized that you leave in a few days to Disneyland and we leave to WDW on Sunday - we will each be in our respective home-state Disneys at the same time! :laughing: Too bad we won't be at the same Disney at the same time, we could have met. :upsidedow

You are right about Dylan looking grown up & like a baby at the same time. I always wonder what age it is when kids stop crying about disappointment. I think it will still be a while.

We just got back from DL & had a great time. I hope that you had another wonderful trip! Will you be doing a new TR? Maybe you already started? This is my first time back on the Dis in 2 weeks. :scared1:

I enjoyed reading your trip report! Your little boy is so adorable! Love the pics!

Aww thanks so much & thank you for reading.

Oh, wow! You're heading back to DL in a few days! :cool1: Hope you have a great time!

Yes, we had a great time. The trip kind of snuck up on us. The nice thing about DL is that it is smaller than WDW so it requires less planning on my part.

I'm still here! I love reading TRs from people who have kids about my DDs age (she will be 3 in November)! It helps pass the time until our December trip! Can't wait for the next update!

I'm still here! :wave2: Glad you had a good trip! Can't wait to hear more!

Well that IS a good excuse to stop by Disneyland! :thumbsup2

You know and Lily and I are still here! :goodvibes

oh goodie.....I'm here!!:)

Hi Alison - I can't wait to hear more about your trip! :goodvibes

Thank you everyone. It was a wonderful trip. I might just add the pictures on to the end of this TR (if I ever manage to finish this TR!).

Hi, Alison. Just saw this article on the home page of the Dis and thought of your trip from last summer to WDW! Sounds like the June trip is something of a tradition for him:

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/07...t-warner-hosts-wish-families-at-disney-world/

Thank you SO much for showing this to me. I have to say it again, Kurt Warner is such a classy guy. Not many people who are pro athletes will give of themselves the way that he does. Now that I think about it, he had a very large group with him. He was probably doing one of these trips. So cool. Thanks again!

I'm still here! I love reading TRs from people who have kids about my DDs age (she will be 3 in November)! It helps pass the time until our December trip! Can't wait for the next update!

When are you going in December. I'm pretty sure that we are going during the week after Thanksgiving, which goes over the first couple of days in December. I love reading TR's with toddlers too. It is funny how similar some of the things are that they all do. Thanks for sticking around!!

Can't wait to hear all about DL!! They have had some exciting changes there recently :goodvibes

Yes, they have done a lot of changes. It was fun to take it all in. There is so much more coming too! I can't wait for the Cars Land, but that isn't until 2012. :headache:

We headed back to Disneyland around 6:30. We were greeted by the Christmas parade. We kept forgetting that we needed to avoid walking in at this time of the day, due to this parade blocking the whole area. People were piled on top of each other. Some were watching the parade & some were just trying to get in or out of the park. Since we were stuck, I took a couple of pictures at the end of the parade. You can see how many people are standing around there.

ry%3D480

Santa!!

ry%3D480

I took this picture to show the lights on the top of the building, but you can see the mass chaos on the street, now that the parade was over.

ry%3D480

We decided to jump on the train at the Main Street station, & get out of the way of all of the people trying to leave the park. Surprisingly, we didn’t have to wait long for a train even though there were a lot of people trying to get on the train. We got off at the first stop, New Orleans Square. We love this area at night & even if we didn’t ride any of the rides, we would be content just strolling around the area & going through all of the cute shops. Of course, the first thing we checked on was the wait for PotC, and there was barely any line at all. So we rode it again, since you can never ride PotC too many times!

Then we wandered around towards the HM, but that line was rather long so we kept going…and ended up at the Pooh ride again. NOT surprisingly, there was no line. It's very different here that this ride usually has a very short wait. At WDW it is located in Fantasyland, but here it is in "Critter Country" which is near Splash Mountain. Since it is one of Dylan’s favorite rides, we went on it again.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

After we got off the ride, we went into the candy store next door again. I was in search of something that I had seen earlier. There were some rice krispy treats (I know, I know… I love those things) but they were in different holiday shapes, AND they were on a stick. They were selling them as a bunch of 4 so we all got our own & sat down to eat them on a bench near Splash Mountain. We watched people going down the big drop & enjoyed our treats.

Can you tell from the look on his face that he didn’t want to share?

ry%3D480

Dylan’s was decorated like a little present & mine was a Mickey head w/ red frosting.

ry%3D480

Once we were done with our snack we wandered around towards BTMRR. The line was really long so we kept going towards Fantasyland. I was surprised to see that it wasn’t very crowded back there. We saw a good photo opportunity & put Dylan in this car outside Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. We haven’t taken him on this ride yet, because it is pretty dark inside & the end of the ride is rather scary. But I love this picture!!

ry%3D480

Next, we were ready to try a new ride for Dylan, but one that he had been talking about a lot. DUMBO!! The funny thing is that he has never seen this movie, so I don’t know why he was talking about it so much. We got in line & he looked excited. A little nervous too. He kept saying “high” and “sky” so I know that he was scared about going up too high. Todd said he would just start going low & work his way up higher once Dylan was comfortable.

Waiting for his turn.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Finally it was our turn & we got strapped in. I got into the one in front of them so that I could take pictures.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I thought I had more pictures, but I think that I took a lot of video. Dylan was a little nervous but did not freak out. Near the end of the ride, all of the cars go up high…there is no way to stop them. So at the end, their car rode around up high and then we all came down together. Once we got off, Dylan was so excited. It was like he realized it was over & THEN decided to get happy about it. LOL.

The main thing that I wanted to do this evening was ride on IASW, since it had been decorated with the Christmas overlay. There was quite a long line but I didn’t mind waiting. In the past, we had missed out on riding it because we didn’t want to wait in the line. This time, we waited about 30 minutes. The front of the exterior is so beautiful!!

ry%3D480

Every 20 minutes or so, there was a light show that played holiday music with coordinating colors that were projected against the exterior of the building. There is no way for me to describe it, other than to say that it is truly amazing how they are able to coordinate the video, the music & the exterior of the building all into one show. Here are a couple of photos that don’t do it justice at all.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Once we were on the boat, we had a lot of fun. I took a lot of video so that we could burn it out to DVD later & Dylan could watch it at home. When I watch the video back, I just marvel at how festive this ride is. You can not fight the Christmas spirit when you are on this ride! Love it!

After this ride, we called it a night. We had some company coming for a visit the next day & we wanted to be sure we had a lot of sleep on this night. Another great day!

DL looks so pretty at christmas! Oh, how I'd love
to visit Ca someday!! Dylan seems to really enjoy
the disney spirit, sooo cute!:santa:

This TR is really making me want to go to DL! Especially close to the holidays! I bet the Small World Christmas overlay was cool! And I'd love to ride the DL version of Pirates again...you're right, you can never have too many rides on that!

Looks like Dylan inherited the Rice Krispy treat-loving gene from you! And cool that he got in his first ride on Dumbo!

Love the picture in Mr. Toad's car! How exciting, I think the first Dumbo ride is a milestone in its own way. :goodvibes

It's a small world looks AMAZING! How magical.

Great update!

And rice crispy treats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter