Just spent e terrifying night on The Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about the fantasy sailing that left the same day you guys got back but I can only imagine how tired and worn out the crew must have been as you know they were all working hard to secure things on the ship and clean up. Imagine all the work that went into getting the ship ready for the next cruisers so that those boarding next would see as little of the chaos as possible so their journey would be "magical" as eveyone's is when they board. I would hope there would be some understanding for the crew as well as I'm sure they all went beyond their normal duties and pulled together.

I for one, would not board a boat with a captain/company that I don't trust. I'll be on my third DCL cruise next September (yes, I realize it's hurricane season, going anyway) We sailed the Dream last October for Halloween knowing the season.

I'm happy everyone made it safely and hope that you at least had a home to go back to. So many that didn't sail, have lost so much these past few days.

Unless it turns out that dcl did in fact, do something ill advised by not altering course.
I think that is the issue here. If you look at this Carnival FAQ entry, you can see that they altered their schedule for many of their ships which were, or could have been, effected by Sandy.
http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-1284687
Granted from the complaints I saw reposted here earlier, that still didn't make everyone happy (you rarely can), but it still shows that they likely didn't put "sticking to the schedule" ahead of the safety of their passengers.

For those saying that people who book during hurricane season should know better, that is true to a point. I think people who book during hurricane season do so with the realization that their itinerary may change and no particular port is guaranteed, but they also have the expectation that the cruise line will do their best to avoid bad weather and not make poor decisions just to stick to a schedule.

Norwalk virus is also a known risk when sailing on ANY cruise and if my family were to wind up getting sick because a cruise line didn't follow proper sanitary procedures, I would certainly expect compensation. Not much different than not following proper safety procedures (assuming they didn't) when it comes to weather.

I am saddened to say that some people cannot respect others rights to an opinion. Other take any opportunity to hijack a thread for other off topic rants. Since I need to do my job (the one that pays the bills). and can't keep coming back here to check this post, it is time for it to be closed.

My condolences for anyone who experienced this cruise. I pray I am never in the position to determine if your opinions are valid or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter