Just spent e terrifying night on The Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Favorite Auntie

<font color=red>8 Disney nieces & nephews!<br><fon
I have never been so scared. Things were literally flying around my stateroom(9140). At 1 am capt Tom came into the staterooms and asked everyone to stay in their stateroom. Then 30 min later he came in again reassuring everyone that the ship was safe and we were in no danger. I looked out my balcony and it looked like a scene from The Perfect Storm. I can't wait to get my feet on dry land!!! We are now preparing to enter the channel at Port Canaveral.

Yeah, I'm watching the web cam to see ya'll come in. I can't imagine how scary that must have been. I'm glad he was reassuring everyone. How was the rest of the cruise?

Aww hugs coming your way and I'm sure that was very scary! :grouphug:

Hang in there - we are watching you head in.

Safe travels and soon you'll be on solid ground!!:cool1:

Take care,
Heather

Wow, he actually came into the staterooms. Or do you mean he made announcements? That is really amazing. Very reassuring. I hope you all make it back safe and sound!

I have never been so scared. Things were literally flying around my stateroom(9140). At 1 am capt Tom came into the staterooms and asked everyone to stay in their stateroom. Then 30 min later he came in again reassuring everyone that the ship was safe and we were in no danger. I looked out my balcony and it looked like a scene from The Perfect Storm. I can't wait to get my feet on dry land!!! We are now preparing to enter the channel at Port Canaveral.

Yuck! I'm glad you made it in safely! I remember an earlier thread where someone posted that they hoped for an experience like this. They thought it would be fun. I thought they were nuts and I reminded them that they wouldn't be the only one on board.

Otherwise, how was the cruise?

Mike

Sorry you had a rough night.....solid ground awaits you....I just looked at the marinetime website and it looks like the Dream is not far you.

That would have been so scary! Its nice the Capt came on to reassure you that you were not in danger. Hope the rest of your trip was smooth! :)

Glad you back safe. What are they telling you about disembarking? Do you have to be out of your staterooms by 8:00? Did they do the 6:30 breakfast?

Wow she came in so slowly and was on a bit an angle until the tugs started to pusher back in line and they are still pushing against her as the go past the restaurant

Glad you are all safe. Must have been terrifying such experience. I for one will never want such experience TBH. I am also surprised to hear that the captain came in your stateroom or maybe you meant that the captain made announcements.

They are telling is to stay in our staterooms for now. We are right in front of the terminal now turning to dock. Then they still have to get all of the bags off the ship and in the terminal. It is going to be a while yet.

I meant he came in the staterooms over the speaker systems. He never does that.

We were on the Magic during a hurricane and Captain Tom could not have been better. I will never forget that night and he keep us updated and reassured about our situation. We had some passengers with small injuries from falls because they did not listen to Captain Tom but overall could have been a lot worse. He got us into port at 12 a.m. Disney then bussed us to the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin and put us up for two days until they were able to help us reschedule a new flight home. They also gave us food credit for those days. I can not say enough about how well we were treated and how scared we were. But I trust Disney and have sailed 3X since and will be sailing again in Jan. if we make it thru Sandy O.k. But I have sailed many cruise lines and no other company have ever earned my trust or business like DCL. I love Captain Tom and trust him and his crew with my family. Glad you make it home safe and sound.

Sorry you had a rough night.....solid ground awaits you....I just looked at the marinetime website and it looks like the Dream is not far you.

Is the dream coming in? I see them still in the Bahamas? They arent due in until tomorrow right?

I'm guessing that people are being asked to stay in their staterooms because there's damage in the public areas. I wonder how much that will delay things. That must have been pretty scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter