Just rode Pirates of the Caribbean!

TulipMom

Mouseketeer
Today was the last day of our Disney trip and we stopped by PotC at 9:30pm just to see if they were letting anybody on. We ended up getting a ride on the first boat! It was great!!!

Thanks to you guys here who many weeks ago suggested to keep an eye out for a soft opening!

It's been giving rides on a "soft opening" since earlier in the day. They're apparently still tweaking things.

It's been giving rides on a "soft opening" since earlier in the day. They're apparently still tweaking things.

Yeah, we'd heard that. The people at the front of the line had been there for 3.5 hours and the reason they stayed was that they saw a few other people get off. So, I guess I should clarify that we rode the first boat after they opened it at 9:30-close tonight. Didn't mean to misrepresent, just was being brief. :). Thought it might be an encouragement to those at MK tomorrow to see if they're allowing more rides!

It really was a magical, fun moment for us. Such excitement for the whole group who rode together. Everyone was so chatty and cheering. There was only one child on with us, but we were all acting like excited children. :)

This is fantastic news! You just made my day, I've been worried that it would get pushed off later. We have 4 days till our trip and it's one of our must do's, we love PoTC! Cannot wait to hear the details of the changes!:cool1::tigger:

When is the actual reopening date? We will be there in 19 days and that is one thing my family must do. We are all HUGE pirates fans (love the movies and I even have the song (from the movie) as my ringtone). Just after the ride went down for refurbishment my BF (she is a huge Disney fan and goes with her family all the time) called me and said "I have really bad news for you, POTC is down for a refurbishment, I wanted you to hear it from me first so when you get there and you can't ride, don't be too too upset" :rotfl:. Got to love that girl :goodvibes.

When is the actual reopening date? We will be there in 19 days and that is one thing my family must do. We are all HUGE pirates fans (love the movies and I even have the song (from the movie) as my ringtone). Just after the ride went down for refurbishment my BF (she is a huge Disney fan and goes with her family all the time) called me and said "I have really bad news for you, POTC is down for a refurbishment, I wanted you to hear it from me first so when you get there and you can't ride, don't be too too upset" :rotfl:. Got to love that girl :goodvibes.

Scheduled reopening is tomorrow the 26th

On the boat over from wilderness lodge on our last day. Hoping to be able to ride POTC. Please please please send some pixi dust so we can ride it before having to head back to the airport.

That's odd, I just went past and it was not open at 9:35 , but they (cast member) said it would be (at sometime today)
You are there now, and the OP was there last night. The whole notion of a "soft opening" is that operation is sporadic, inconsistent and unpredictable. The fact that it was operating last night at 9:30 is by no means a guarantee that it will be operating at 9:30 this morning.

I agree - details please. Changes, updates or adds from more recent POTC films? Going late Oct and can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter