Just rode Pirates of the Caribbean!

Yeah I loved Davy Jones in the beginning part, Blackbeard definitely wasn't as cool.

Rode POTC twice yesterday and wanted to warn people you CAN definitely still GET SOAKED in the front! I think it's all about the weight distribution.

Our first ride we two adults were sat with another two adults in the front row. Mostly families with smaller children behind...We got absolutely drenched! To put it in perspective, I rode Splash Mountain yesterday. We got hit with spray from one of the boats doing the big fall as we were looping around, got a big splash at the end of our big fall, etc. basically more splash than I've ever had in my at-least-double-digit rides on Splash Mountain...and POTC was still a more thorough soaking.

However, I don't think any of the rows behind us got hit with much of anything and our second ride it did not appear that the front was splashed at all while we sat in the back and received not so much as a playful splash. That boat seemed a bit weighted to the left with people distribution, but pretty even front to back.

Hope that helps!

And it's closed!

Sunday morning here in the park, just went over. Closed to technical reasons.

And it's closed!

Sunday morning here in the park, just went over. Closed to technical reasons.

They said that yesterday but I think it is mostly a ploy to get it to be a little more calm when it does actually open. It was like trying to get on TSMM yesterday at rope drop to find it was closed. So many bad parents encouraging their kids to run! Give it a little longer and I'm sure it will open up soon

We were in line and they just closed the ride again. It has been closed more than open every time we have tried to ride it.

They've put in a new computer programme for the ride as the times of launches is slightly different so I think there's still a few bugs they're trying to work out. Gotta love new technology!

We rode it twice last night. Everything looked so shiny and new (clean)! The dogs looked furry and soft. We were in the front and certainly didn't get drenched, but I had wet shoes and socks all night. I'm not good enough with details to notice what changed - just seemed like the same Pirate ride I've been riding since I was 3: awesome. :)

Rode POTC twice yesterday and wanted to warn people you CAN definitely still GET SOAKED in the front! I think it's all about the weight distribution.

Our first ride we two adults were sat with another two adults in the front row. Mostly families with smaller children behind...We got absolutely drenched! To put it in perspective, I rode Splash Mountain yesterday. We got hit with spray from one of the boats doing the big fall as we were looping around, got a big splash at the end of our big fall, etc. basically more splash than I've ever had in my at-least-double-digit rides on Splash Mountain...and POTC was still a more thorough soaking.

However, I don't think any of the rows behind us got hit with much of anything and our second ride it did not appear that the front was splashed at all while we sat in the back and received not so much as a playful splash. That boat seemed a bit weighted to the left with people distribution, but pretty even front to back.

Hope that helps!

Yeah, apparently they didn't fix the boat problem like was expected. That should have been their first priority, oh well as long as everything else looks nice, I can just make sure we don't sit in the front which I never like to do anyway.

Hey everyone just thought I would chime in. We rode POTC tonight at MNSSHP. I thought it was beautiful! The audio was nice and loud (not too loud but everything very audible), every.single.animatronic was functioning perfectly, and I swear they made upgrades to the red headed wench: she looked SO real. I almost waved to her! Really, her face was stunning. So lifelike. The cannon noises didn't seem different than I remember them being last year, but they sounded great. Maybe it's just my foggy memory from a year ago, but the ride definitely seems like it's been shined up a bit. As for the boats - I was pretty sure ours was listing to the side due to the uneven distribution of adults/kids, and my 5 year old was on the low side, but he didn't get a drop on him. I made sure to examine the 4 empty boats we walked by as we disembarked, and only one had a little bit of water on a seat - in the front row on the far left (as you're sitting in it). Judging by that small observation I'd say they made improvements in this area.

Sorry I don't have any photos... I strictly adhere to the no flash photography rule! :) It was nice to soak in the details without a camera in front of my face. Hope everyone gets a chance to ride it soon!

I've ridden POTC roughly a billion times.... Really though several times per trip since 1990. Apparently I had never sat in front. Last trip my sister and I are doing our nearly midnight rounds when we're the last people on the rides... Our favorite time! Angela's, was us and another guy front row... And we got SOAKED. I had NEVER gotten wet before. We were so shocked This was before the refurb though. Somehow all these years I missed that people in the front get wet.

We rode POTC after Wishes Saturday night...waited about 10 minutes, I'd say. Not a POTC guru by any means, but rather someone that tries to ride it once or twice a trip, my observations, some based on other posts on this thread:

- The mermaids song was there; I did not see mermaids in the water
- Overall, I found the audio clearer and somewhat louder than before. I would agree with a PP that the water cannons seemed louder.
- We were seated in the front row and definitely got wet. I wouldn't go as far as saying we were soaked, but you can get wet.
- I also thought the overall water height seemed slightly higher than before, which could increase the splash.
- Many of the costumes and features appeared to be cleaned up.
- I'd also agree that many of the audio-animatronics looked more realistic. I also think the lighting has been changed or at least brightened. Maybe they switched to mostly LED lighting?
- Another comment on the splash factor: The rubber treadmill you ride up at the end of the ride was completely wet (and no, it wasn't raining outside). Be very careful stepping off of it onto that yellow painted metal 'Good Year' logo at the top; I imagine it could be a bit slippery.

I was on the undiscovered world tour at epcot a few weeks ago, there the CM told us that they have developped a new type of skin for audio animatronics which would be used for the refurbisment of potc. I didn't get a clear answer if this also meant to have the faces projected as is done on 7DMT and the singing statues in Haunted Mansion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter