(Just Returned Home)DLR 7/12-7/19 - RHMH 2014 Disneyland Trip Report - Best Time Ever

Hello Everyone... Sorry the next set of pictures are not as clear, colorful and not as detailed as the previous pictures. Midori took her Canon camera with her and the only camera left is the Sony Bloggie... Not to say it's not a good camera but nothing like Midori's...

As you already know I have checked out of the Hotel and the Girl's are at DLP taking in last minute Disney Magic before I call and remind them, we still have a 21 hour drive ahead of us.

I picked them up at 12:15 PM and they asked if we could go eat before we get on the road..

Of course I said YES --- I would not be a good Dad or Host if I told them NO!!!

I found this Chinese Restaurant in this strip center... If you like Panda Express, this group of Chinese Owners do a super job with the food and cleanliness of the place.

Reasonably priced and very good portions.. Just my thought if you are getting tired of Disney Food & Prices..

I am posting the information below for the individuals planning to visit DLR in 2015..

If you are not staying at a Disney Resort... You may choose to book a Good Neighbor Hotel... Be sure to purchase a pass for the ART Bus.
Some of the Good Neighbor Hotels do not offer transportation to the parks but the Anaheim Resort Transportation buses have routes that include Good Neighbor Hotels.

Very reasonably priced.. Sorry I don't remember the prices for the passes..I have to research it again..

The Entrance to the DLP & DCA is a bit different from WDW...It is located right on the main road so if you are not paying attention... you could pass the entrance very quickly and end up 3 blocks down the street doing a U-turn.

Random Pictures

This is a picture of the Angel Baseball Stadium about 8 blocks from the Disney Park entrance.

The Anaheim Garden Walk Entertainment Venue has Movie Theater, Shops & Restaurants. Nothing like DTD but a neat little complex right in the middle of most of the Good neighbor Hotels..

Closing Remarks --------------------- We had a super time at DLR...The rides were less intense and a bit shorter than expected, yet the sound & visual effects we outstanding.

We loved the compact feeling of the parks as it did not take long to walk from one attraction to another. As 94bruin and I agree - even if you do not make it to rope drop... and get there 30 minutes to an hour after it opens, you are still not in bad shape as I felt the park did not really become congested until the early afternoon. YOU can get 75% of your favorite rides in by 2:00 PM with FP's

On SATURDAY 19th our departure day....Midori & Lucy entered the park at 8:15AM and was able to ride Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Tea Cups, Pirates of the Caribbean by 11:30 AM

The food quality and service at DTD, DLP & DCA is of course Disney all the way.. The only thing (IMO) was DCA did not have enough table service offerings but their counter service was good and fresh.

I did not notice at DCA but in DLP around the Matterhorn area.. Not only do they sell Turkey Legs, they have Pork Shanks so I had to have both of them..and yes they were both were very good..

IMO - The staff at DLR are a bit more Friendlier and give you the feeling that they care about you park experience.

I can only remember one ride having issues during the duration of our vacation... It was RSR in Carsland.. Delayed opening but once it was up, it ran all day without troubles.

My favorite ride between the parks is definitely California Scream-in... I love the rocket launch. Love the music in the head rest... It would have been better if they played the Aero Smith song like the one on RRC at WDW.

We did not stay at a Disney Resort is because we just could not afford it... All 3 Disney Resorts we priced way above our budget.. NOW!! if you were staying 3 to 4 days... it is affordable.. For us traveling from Fort Worth Texas.. We - I wanted to spend all of my allotted vacation time in Anaheim..

We all agreed - Staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel took away from the Disney 24/7 feel. The accommodations at the Extended Stay Hotel was very good and the stay was very helpful & friendly.. I would give them 5 Stars for doing what they can with the tools they have... YES, I would stay at Extended Stay again in the future..

We visited Huntington and Santa Monica Beaches - loved it and will also make it a part of our agenda in future visits..

Enjoyed meeting other July Dis Travelers.. and sorry I missed some of you there the same time as us.... Maybe in the future..

For all you WDW Vet's, don't worry about your tour habits.. You'll notice after a half day in each park.. you'll fall right into place a go like a pro...

I would say thanks & Appreciate all the help I received from our DLR Vets. It has helped tremendously and I did not feel like a novice..

Thanks for following my trip report and if you have questions, concerns or comments.. I will try to help.

Love You All

I'm so sad your trip is coming to a close, Bob!

Thanks to your great trip report, I now know what my first purchase upon arriving will be -- those super cute Minnie ears Midori and Lucy are wearing!

Safe travels home!

Glad you made it home safely! Thanks again for sharing your trip report, the tips and insights you provided are helpful for those of us who have not yet started our trips.

I'm so sad your trip is coming to a close, Bob!

Thanks to your great trip report, I now know what my first purchase upon arriving will be -- those super cute Minnie ears Midori and Lucy are wearing!

Safe travels home!

Right.... I thought they were darling... and really puts the finishing touches on the Girls.

OMG - I know you mentioned it was HOT in Fort Worth but You forgot to tell me it was going to be Humid.

The week we spent in Anaheim, the weather was delightful..

Glad you made it home safely! Thanks again for sharing your trip report, the tips and insights you provided are helpful for those of us who have not yet started our trips.

Thanks friend.. I had a lot of fun posting daily.. I hope it's not to much.

Awesome report! I am glad I got to follow along on another one of your trip reports.

Now to plan 2015!? :thumbsup2

Awesome report! I am glad I got to follow along on another one of your trip reports.

Now to plan 2015!? :thumbsup2

Thanks so much Angalee - your time is just about here... Already packed? Glad you enjoyed the trip report. Have fun and looking forward hearing from you.

thanks for your report and your thoughts on WDW vs DLR.

Appreciate your input... Both parks are really neat.. WDW has been our home park for 13 visits so of course we are more comfortable there. BUT DLR has many Pro's also...

Thanks

Bob

Thank you for the Invite!!! GOing back to read now!!! Good to hear from you!!!

:thumbsup2 - Are you planning a Disney visit in the near future?

Awesome report,Bob. I am glad you had a great time.
What's next for you and Midori?

Thanks Tink

Looking at dealing with the FP+ for the first time & the tour groups again :laughing: July 11th - 19th of 2015

It was super nice not having to compete for rides at DLR with the tour groups... But I have to accept it because WDW has to make money.

Bob

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I just received the invite and it's OVER?!?! :sad:

well I have LOTS to comment. But FIRST i am blown away by 1. What a beautiful Woman Midori is becoming!!! When did she decide to become older?!?!? :confused3

2. that's a heap load of $$ for make-up isn't she still 6??? :lmao: again i cannot believe how much older she is!

3. You look great as always Happy and full of life. So does the rest of your little vacationing clan!!!! :grouphug:

Well let me get to your list here!!!

Funny You Would Ask......

YAY!

Midori & I had this very same conversation riding on the bus back to the hotel just now to take a break.

this is a great question and excited to read it all!

YES.... We do miss WDW...Reasons below and I hope I make sense.

:thumbsup2

1. Being able to afford a Resort Stay at WDW gives you the Magical feeling all day everyday.

Aww.

2. We can not afford a Resort Stay at DLP, so we did not mind staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel. Had to walk from the hotel to the park a couple of days (Not Bad) and rode the ART bus on some days.. The feeling of Disney left us as we departed the Park if you know what I mean.

I was in sticker SHOCK when i saw the prices of hotel stay.. My next trip is 9 days... which i did a 4 day (i think) price check for DL and would have cost the same amount!!!!! :scared1: 4 days v/s 9??? I'll take 9 days in DISNEY!!!

3. When you drive into the bus drop off & loading zone, you don't actually see and feel Disney until you go through the bag check stand.

this is sad too!!!

4. We really enjoyed DLP and we'll probably return in 3 to 4 years..

So does that mean your going back to WDW??

5. The Cast Members & General Public were extremely nice and helpful.

really?!?!

6. Midori felt (Her Opinion) - She did not feel she was being judged by the way she was dressed in DLP as before at WDW.

Judged?!?! The only judgement would be look how beautiful this girl is!!! I am sorry she felt/feels this way!!!

7. I like the Parks being compact.. and the rides so close to each other.. It makes tour the park very easy. If you were a commando type and worked the FP's - you could be finished by 5:00 PM.

How many days do you suggest for DL?!? both parks?

8. Not complaining, Disney music was not playing on the local busses so we were not being serenaded by Disney.

I like the serenading of Disney in my head 24/7.. then it takes a lifetime to get IASW out.

9. Love that you can access DLP, DCA and DTD from the same courtyard..

This is really neat.. unlike WDW your bussing/monorial/boating sometimes you forget where you are! :lmao: (just kidding)

10. Really enjoyed taking the Monorail from Tomorrowland to DTD.

There is a lot more Monorail in DL then WDW i see?

:thumbsup2 - Are you planning a Disney visit in the near future?

Again thank you for the invite your trip was so special the girls all look beautiful you look fantastic as usual! The food pictures had me hungry all over again--- I just had lunch!!!
Funny about the RFC.. they are everywhere. was the one in Disney any different?
LOVE LOVE all the rides with video!!!! thank you for taking us aboard the rides with you!!!

to answer you question YES!!! I am surprising my kids to one heck of a birthday!!! In my signature is the link i believe all my links are up to date???

Love to have you join in mine and use ANY suggestions you have!!!

Thank you Bob!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I just received the invite and it's OVER?!?! :sad:

We are sad also..

well I have LOTS to comment. But FIRST i am blown away by 1. What a beautiful Woman Midori is becoming!!! When did she decide to become older?!?!? :confused3

Right - Midori had really grown up and is so beautiful.

2. that's a heap load of $$ for make-up isn't she still 6??? :lmao: again i cannot believe how much older she is!

Midori grew up fast from age 6 to now.. She's into Sephora, Nara and a few more $$$$ ones.

3. You look great as always Happy and full of life. So does the rest of your little vacationing clan!!!! :grouphug:

Well let me get to your list here!!!

Thanks - I turn 56 on the 16th during our DLR vacation. Love spending my Birthday's at Disney... Midori is bumed out because we are not able to go during her Birthday October 10th..

YAY!

this is a great question and excited to read it all!

:thumbsup2

Aww.

I was in sticker SHOCK when i saw the prices of hotel stay.. My next trip is 9 days... which i did a 4 day (i think) price check for DL and would have cost the same amount!!!!! :scared1: 4 days v/s 9??? I'll take 9 days in DISNEY!!!

$$$$$.$$ for DLHotels, can't handle that.

this is sad too!!!

So does that mean your going back to WDW??

Yes, July 11th through the 19th 2015 CBR or AKL

really?!?!

Judged?!?! The only judgement would be look how beautiful this girl is!!! I am sorry she felt/feels this way!!!

Thanks

How many days do you suggest for DL?!? both parks?

2 Days each would be more than enough one a one park per day purchase. If you decide to park hop.. IMO, 3 Days would be enough.. But you know how we all are got to spend 9 to 10 at Disney.

I like the serenading of Disney in my head 24/7.. then it takes a lifetime to get IASW out.

Me too!!!

This is really neat.. unlike WDW your bussing/monorial/boating sometimes you forget where you are! :lmao: (just kidding)

Your right.. sometimes you forget where you decided to go for the day.

There is a lot more Monorail in DL then WDW i see?

I could have just rode the Monorail all day.

Again thank you for the invite your trip was so special the girls all look beautiful you look fantastic as usual! The food pictures had me hungry all over again--- I just had lunch!!!
Funny about the RFC.. they are everywhere. was the one in Disney any different?
LOVE LOVE all the rides with video!!!! thank you for taking us aboard the rides with you!!!

Thank you for being a part of our TPR.

to answer you question YES!!! I am surprising my kids to one heck of a birthday!!! In my signature is the link i believe all my links are up to date???

Love to have you join in mine and use ANY suggestions you have!!!

Just found your thread... WOW!! did not know everyone was hiding there.

Thank you Bob!!!!

:goodvibes

I just read your report and it was fabulous! I really loved all your photos! Your daughter has the prettiest smile!! I went to DL when I was 15, and let me tell you, that was quite a looooong time ago! I know I wouldn't recognize it now.

So you're from FT Worth? My sister lives in Flower Mound. Is that anywhere close? We like to eat at Babe's when we visit her. Are you familiar with that place? I think it's near FT Worth, but I could be mistaken.

It's great that you already have your 2015 trip planned. It's always easier to come home knowing you'll be getting your Disney fix again. We are leaving in 59 days for just an 8 day stay this time, but we'll be back in April of 2015.

Now I need to go back and watch the videos. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! And have a great day!

I just read your report and it was fabulous! I really loved all your photos! Your daughter has the prettiest smile!! I went to DL when I was 15, and let me tell you, that was quite a looooong time ago! I know I wouldn't recognize it now.

So you're from FT Worth? My sister lives in Flower Mound. Is that anywhere close? We like to eat at Babe's when we visit her. Are you familiar with that place? I think it's near FT Worth, but I could be mistaken.

It's great that you already have your 2015 trip planned. It's always easier to come home knowing you'll be getting your Disney fix again. We are leaving in 59 days for just an 8 day stay this time, but we'll be back in April of 2015.

Now I need to go back and watch the videos. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! And have a great day!

Thanks for commenting on Midori's smile.. 5000.00 worth of Ortho visits..

Babe's - if it's the one we have visited.. Great Fried Chicken and Homemade Pies... I think the one you have visited may be the one in Roanoke. Flower Mound is around 25 - 30 miles north of FTW.

Appreciate You.

I just read your report and it was fabulous! I really loved all your photos! Your daughter has the prettiest smile!!

Even prettier in person :goodvibes Midori is such a credit to you Bob, I imagine she is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside :cutie:

I think planning for 2015 is the best way to stop the holiday blues setting in ;)

Dismamx2 said:
Even prettier in person :goodvibes Midori is such a credit to you Bob, I imagine she is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside :cutie:

I think planning for 2015 is the best way to stop the holiday blues setting in ;)

Thanks so much Tina... your DD's are also Beautiful & Polite. It's so neat we love are Children so much.

Right - planning for 2015 keeps the Disney Magic Alive around the house.

Bob,
Absolutely loved your trip report! We missed going to Disney this year as went to Vancouver and Alaska this year.

Your photos brought back memories of our visit to DLP and DCA the year DCA debuted! I have the same photo of my daughter and I on the bridge with Mickeys Wheel in the background. I too must admit I did not enjoy riding the wheel either. Give me a roller coaster, tower of terror any day over a Ferris wheel!

Hoping to get back to WDW again!

Again thank you for sharing your wonderful trip! Midori needs to become a "lost boy" and never grow up!

Hi Bob and Midori!

Just got back home and catching up on your trip report. What a great, descriptive narrative!

We actually went to Hawaii for 10 days after our visit to DL (breaking up the flight was one of our reasons for stopping at DL)

We enjoyed meeting all of you and I apologize for how brief it was. We were indeed playing cat and mouse all day! As I think I told you, I didn't really mention to my family about trying to run into you and when we did finally catch up with you, I was running late for a meet I had set up months ago (my family knew about this one).

Here's my picture of our drive-by meet-up

We hit the extra magic hour park each morning- looks like you did the opposite and it was really interesting to see the low crowd levels at DL first thing (while we were at CA)

The Storytellers menu sounded great- we never made it there even though we were at the Grand Californian. Thanks for sharing the info about your meal.

We had a great meal at Flo's too.

I'm jealous about your monorail ride. The monorail is one of our favorite Disney experiences and we were shut out on this trip! Twice it was down and then we tried to ride it and the line was too long. I'll check out your video as a substitute.

I have only made it to your first page so far, I'll be back later to read more about your trip!

Bob,
Absolutely loved your trip report! We missed going to Disney this year as went to Vancouver and Alaska this year.

Your photos brought back memories of our visit to DLP and DCA the year DCA debuted! I have the same photo of my daughter and I on the bridge with Mickeys Wheel in the background. I too must admit I did not enjoy riding the wheel either. Give me a roller coaster, tower of terror any day over a Ferris wheel!

Hoping to get back to WDW again!

Again thank you for sharing your wonderful trip! Midori needs to become a "lost boy" and never grow up!

Nancy - Thanks for stopping by. :thumbsup2 Miss you and it's really neat that we share the love for Disney, our Daughters & Coasters :rotfl2:.. I am not looking forward in Midori growing up.. Not only is she my Daughter but she is my Best Friend.

Hi Bob and Midori!

Just got back home and catching up on your trip report. What a great, descriptive narrative!

We actually went to Hawaii for 10 days after our visit to DL (breaking up the flight was one of our reasons for stopping at DL)

We enjoyed meeting all of you and I apologize for how brief it was. We were indeed playing cat and mouse all day! As I think I told you, I didn't really mention to my family about trying to run into you and when we did finally catch up with you, I was running late for a meet I had set up months ago (my family knew about this one).

Here's my picture of our drive-by meet-up

We hit the extra magic hour park each morning- looks like you did the opposite and it was really interesting to see the low crowd levels at DL first thing (while we were at CA)

The Storytellers menu sounded great- we never made it there even though we were at the Grand Californian. Thanks for sharing the info about your meal.

We had a great meal at Flo's too.

I'm jealous about your monorail ride. The monorail is one of our favorite Disney experiences and we were shut out on this trip! Twice it was down and then we tried to ride it and the line was too long. I'll check out your video as a substitute.

I have only made it to your first page so far, I'll be back later to read more about your trip!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us... Hawaii - I have promised Hawaii to Midori and I need to follow it up with a trip..

Not a problem with our Meet & Greet, just glad to have met up with you & your husband. Tell your boy's hello for us.. :goodvibes

We were also amazed at the low crowd levels, it was nice since it was our first visit.. We needed all the time to discover the parks without dealing with heavy crowds.

We just love the Monorails.. sorry that WDW stopped letting people ride in the front with the driver.

Once again, thanks for stopping by and hope to read your TPR.

Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter