(Just Returned Home)DLR 7/12-7/19 - RHMH 2014 Disneyland Trip Report - Best Time Ever

I have heard that one of the nicest things about Disneyland is that it's so compact! That definitely makes me happy. Our plan for next year is to stay at a hotel across the street so we could just walk to the theme parks and DTD. The other thing I'm looking forward to is not getting caught in afternoon thunderstorms like in Florida! And one of my favorite WDW rides from childhood which is no longer at WDW, is still at DL...Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! I'm looking forward to sharing that with my kids, nieces and nephew next year.

Ok but enough about next year, I'm leaving tomorrow for WDW and checking in on Sunday! Sooooo excited!!:)

I really wanted to go see the walk of fame and those things but I am a little nervous about taking my kiddos there, they are still young and impressionable lol....I think we are going to go to the Griffith Observatory though and I think I am going to add Santa Monica to our list also.

I understand perfectly about some of the things you see down the strip... You also get bothered every 50 feet someone trying to sell you a Hollywood Stars Tour... You just have to keep walking and not even look at them. If you smile or even say hello... you are trapped into listening to their sales pitch..

The beaches at Huntington was much better than Santa Monica.. but both are really exciting to visit.

I have heard that one of the nicest things about Disneyland is that it's so compact! That definitely makes me happy. Our plan for next year is to stay at a hotel across the street so we could just walk to the theme parks and DTD. The other thing I'm looking forward to is not getting caught in afternoon thunderstorms like in Florida! And one of my favorite WDW rides from childhood which is no longer at WDW, is still at DL...Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! I'm looking forward to sharing that with my kids, nieces and nephew next year.

Ok but enough about next year, I'm leaving tomorrow for WDW and checking in on Sunday! Sooooo excited!!:)

WDW!!! in 1 day... have a safe trip and I will tell Mickey & Minnie you are on your way so they can meet you there.. :lmao:

For many of Midori's early years, I had to explain how the characters could travel between all 4 Disney Parks in one day.. I told her its the Disney Magic... Traveling at the speed of thought. :rotfl2:

Midori & Lucy rode Mr Tood's wide ride a couple of times already..

Loving your report! Making me super excited for Monday!! You got to watch the fireworks! Tink and Dumbo, pretty awesome ;) Have fun and happy belated birthday!!

Ahhhhh! I'm so jealous and wish I were there TODAY instead of next week!!

Can't wait to hear more things I need to do next week - especially the sights to see and places to eat!

Loving your report! Making me super excited for Monday!! You got to watch the fireworks! Tink and Dumbo, pretty awesome ;) Have fun and happy belated birthday!!

Thanks - The fireworks, Tinker Bell & Dumbo were amazing... Thanks for the birthday wish..

Ahhhhh! I'm so jealous and wish I were there TODAY instead of next week!!

Can't wait to hear more things I need to do next week - especially the sights to see and places to eat!

Hope your packed - Mickey & Minnie are requesting extra cheese so be sure to pack a few extra cubes.. :lmao:

Happy Friday to All

I have updated the trip report..

Thanks for following.

Bob

Happy Friday to All I have updated the trip report.. Thanks for following. Bob

I can't find it.

I also just watched the monorail ride and noticed that you were sitting up front. They don't do that in WDW anymore right??

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

So, now that you did Disneyland, did you miss WDW? Just curious.

Funny You Would Ask......

Midori & I had this very same conversation riding on the bus back to the hotel just now to take a break.

YES.... We do miss WDW...Reasons below and I hope I make sense.

1. Being able to afford a Resort Stay at WDW gives you the Magical feeling all day everyday.

2. We can not afford a Resort Stay at DLP, so we did not mind staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel. Had to walk from the hotel to the park a couple of days (Not Bad) and rode the ART bus on some days.. The feeling of Disney left us as we departed the Park if you know what I mean.

3. When you drive into the bus drop off & loading zone, you don't actually see and feel Disney until you go through the bag check stand.

4. We really enjoyed DLP and we'll probably return in 3 to 4 years..

5. The Cast Members & General Public were extremely nice and helpful.

6. Midori felt (Her Opinion) - She did not feel she was being judged by the way she was dressed in DLP as before at WDW.

7. I like the Parks being compact.. and the rides so close to each other.. It makes tour the park very easy. If you were a commando type and worked the FP's - you could be finished by 5:00 PM.

8. Not complaining, Disney music was not playing on the local busses so we were not being serenaded by Disney.

9. Love that you can access DLP, DCA and DTD from the same courtyard..

10. Really enjoyed taking the Monorail from Tomorrowland to DTD.

Bob

Day 7 DCA

Hello everyone... we are wearing out.. Did not get to the park until 10:15 AM.

WOW!!! Just can not stay up until 1:30AM and get going by park opening anymore.

We entered the park and the girl's went straight to Hollywood Tower of Terror while I went to the Grizzle Water ride area to get FP's for the World Of Color.. Did learn that you can not wait to long to get FP's - they run out pretty quick and also when you get the FP's for the event, it doe not penalize you from getting other FP's for other attractions. So, I would get them as soon as possible when you arrive at DCA.

Go to the Grizzle River run to get your FP's.

After I got the FP's for the WOC, I went to RSR to get FP's for later. When I got there, noticed later meant 6:45 PM to 7:45 PM. WOW!!! it was only 11:00 AM and they were already distributing FP's for the evening. I met the girls at Scream-in Coaster and rode it a couple of times then decided to go to the Pacific Wharf to eat an early lunch.

We had Turkey Sandwich, Beef Curry, Orange Beef & Korean Spicy Beef. The Restaurants available for service was Asian, Mexican & a European Bakery with fresh bread sandwiches and soup and salads served in bread bowls.

There was a Mexican Mariachi Band walking around playing music and singing. Nice touch.....

After lunch, we all went to the Aladdin Show. a 45 minute show with laughter and a great story line. You have to go see this show... The Genie was the light of the show.

Midori & Lucy texting their friends back in Fort Worth Texas.

After the Aladdin Show, we caught the bus back to the hotel to rest.. Lucy & Kathleen went to the pool and Midori & I are getting ready to go shopping for her a sweat shirt with California and the State Flag with the Bear on it.

We will probably start back to DCA around 6:30 PM so Midori & Lucy can ride RSR and a couple more rides before we settle down for the WOC show..

I'll probably report back with the evening events and a closing paragraph once we are back home. We leave tomorrow morning around 8:00AM and we should be back home around 2:00 AM Sunday - Hopefully

Thanks everyone for following the trip report...

TPR continued on post # 56

Hope your packed - Mickey & Minnie are requesting extra cheese so be sure to pack a few extra cubes.. :lmao:

I used the rainy day yesterday to get all my stuff ready - but I'll make sure to bring extra gifties for my pals Mickey and Minnie! Thinking about walking down to dinner at Shinjuku Station tonight, just to make you jealous! :rotfl:

I used the rainy day yesterday to get all my stuff ready - but I'll make sure to bring extra gifties for my pals Mickey and Minnie! Thinking about walking down to dinner at Shinjuku Station tonight, just to make you jealous! :rotfl:

OMG - Just for that.... I am going to tell Minnie & Mickey they can take their Vacation to the Bahamas' tomorrow. :lmao:

Can't believe your going without us...

OMG - Just for that.... I am going to tell Minnie & Mickey they can take their Vacation to the Bahamas' tomorrow. :lmao:

Can't believe your going without us...

Hee hee hee ...

We'll go when we both get back!!

I think all your reasons make complete sense. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself. I am sure that there are pros and cons to both places and it's definitely nice that you got to experience both. I want to try something new at some point so it's very nice to read your perspective.

Good Morning Everyone - The Girls are getting ready so they can hit the DLP at opening.. HA!! HA!!

We haven't made it to rope drop all week and NOW!!! they have to get there. :lmao:

While waiting, I will post a couple of things before playing taxi..

We went back at 6:30 and cashed in on the FP for RSR I got earlier in the day. Get your FP early as this is one of those ride that sell out fast.

Posted a picture of Flo's Café so everyone will know exactly where and what to look for when you are craving home cooking.

The Girls walked around and rode a few more ride before we settled in line for the WOC show.

This is a neat restaurant, it had a wine vineyard next to it.. Don't know if they pick and process the grapes for their wine but if they don't it's a neat addition to the décor.

You can ride the Trolley up and down the streets.. Nice little break if you feet are starting to hurt.

By 8:00 PM the people with WOC - FP start to line up to get in the viewing area. No that is a site to see and an experience to be a part of...:dance3: I know everyone has experienced rope drop at Epcot and the crowd running to Test Track or Soar-in.. WOW!!! it was exactly like that!!!! OMM... I thought those days were over with.. Running over everyone and the POOR Children being dragged down the walkway to the viewing area. AND when they finally get there, the kids are to small to be able to watch the show because everyone has to stand.

BUT the show was spectacular and very impressive.

I would recommend not standing in the very front as you will get wet.. View the WOC from the 2nd & 3rd tier. After all of the people with FP's get their chose area, then they let the other come in behind you.. If you need to leave to use the restroom or get a snack.. Be sure to get a return ticket (It's a FP people gave the cast members earlier to get in) from a cast member so you can get back in.. have you spouse / children save your spot as they fill every space available before the show starts.

Midori & Lucy will be going to DLP & shop at DTD this morning.. I told them I will load the car and then pick them up around 11:30 - 12:00 Noon. You know what that means... 2:00 PM with excuses like..OH - sorry DAD, did not here the phone ring.. We were on a ride, we were in the bathroom, my battery ran out.... or whatever new excuse they come up with (I haven't heard).. Well it's ok, as long as we get home by 3PM Sunday.. i'll be ok...

TPR continued on post # 61

Hi Bob, great trip report :goodvibes

You are very good to do this when you are at Disneyland. I'm glad y'all (;)) had a great vacation, looks like a lot of fun :hyper:

We got home Thursday :( but we had a fantastic US trip. It was great to meet you last week :yay: Safe journey home!

Tina :)

Hi Bob, great trip report :goodvibes

You are very good to do this when you are at Disneyland. I'm glad y'all (;)) had a great vacation, looks like a lot of fun :hyper:

We got home Thursday :( but we had a fantastic US trip. It was great to meet you last week :yay: Safe journey home!

Tina :)

Hello Tina & Family

I have checked out and sitting in the Lobby resting... Midori, Lucy & Kathleen are at DLP taking in last minute rides.

It was certainly my pleasure to meet you and your DD's. I am so glad your trip was a success and (You All) :rotfl2: are back home safe...

Hope to meet up with you guys at WDW next year... Traditionally we go the second week of July every year, so I will start planning when we get home. AKL or CBR will be our choice of Resort.

Bob

Hello Tina & Family

I have checked out and sitting in the Lobby resting... Midori, Lucy & Kathleen are at DLP taking in last minute rides.

It was certainly my pleasure to meet you and your DD's. I am so glad your trip was a success and (You All) :rotfl2: are back home safe...

Hope to meet up with you guys at WDW next year... Traditionally we go the second week of July every year, so I will start planning when we get home. AKL or CBR will be our choice of Resort.

Bob

It's not a nice feeling waiting to leave :sad:

I will be interested to hear your round-up on everything about Disneyland and what Midori & Lucy thought.

We are booked for CBR the first 2 weeks of June next year :ssst: but I hope we can do some planning together again :idea: and I will welcome any tips about CBR etc.

Thanks again for everything :hug:

And almost forgot; Belated birthday wishes x :bday: party: :cake:

I love your comment about not being able to make rope-drop. It has been years since we last made rope drop. I try, but my family just.can't.do.it. The earliest we can manage is 20-30 mins after park opening. It's fine as it IS vacation. DH is usually out of the house by 6:45 am, so he has little desire to wake up early on vacation. He does make an exception for Disney, but he does take his time to get ready. :rotfl:

The great thing about DL is that your day isn't sunk if you don't make rope drop. We only got to the parks early one day. The other days, we were still able to do a lot, even though we got to the parks after 10am and 12pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter