Just off the Fantasy

LivinADream

Mouseketeer
Sitting at MCO waiting for our delayed flight back to WI. For those who we're asking temps in St Maarten and St Thomas where at about 80 the water was really cool but ok once you get in. Castaway Cay weather was also about 80 but the water was cold. Was tolerable once in but still cold. Little rough the first night out of Port but not bad 9 foot swells captain said. Had to make a emergency medical stop on Grand Turk on Thursday but the captain kicked in high gear and even with the delay still made Castaway Cay on time. Over all it was a great trip had one day of overcast and rain while in St Thomas but still was t bad

We also made an emergency stop at grand Turk on Sunday at2 am but made up time to st Martin. I thought the water was pleasant. Chilly at first on CC but much warmer than I thought it would be. Spent all day in it! Our st Martin water was perfect. But then again I'm used to cold jersey oceans! Frozen was playing but sadly missed it.

Funny, I was on the same cruise and our family thought the weather was beautiful! The water in St Maarten and St Thomas was very warm to us, just perfect in fact. CC seemed chilly at first step but with the warm sun it was not cold at all once you got used to it. We swam a lot at all three places. St Thomas we had a bit of rain but nothing major. I suppose it could be that we're from Minnesota and don't mind swimming in cold lakes but it really did seem very warm to us and there were a lot of people in the water, long lines on pelican plunge, etc.

A few questions:

1. Who was the headliner act?
2. What movies were showing in the movie theatre?

1. We saw Magic Dave and "buckets and boards". If you mean the live music acts I am not sure.

2. Frozen and Thor. We saw Frozen and it was pretty good.

Thanks for the feedback! We sail on the 14th of Dec.... Forecast is reporting about the same weather. Being from New England with snow on the ground - the water could be frigid to some, but you'll still se me in there, LOL!

Thanks for the feedback! We sail on the 14th of Dec.... Forecast is reporting about the same weather. Being from New England with snow on the ground - the water could be frigid to some, but you'll still se me in there, LOL!

We are cruising December 14th too! Fantasy Eastern, right?

Yes! I should be sleeping. Did the major packing today & now I 'can't' get off the boards and go to bed, lol. I'm too excited!!!

Me, too. Have two suitcases packed...so far. However, still busy with everyday life that I can't find time to finish packing. And I want to give this house a good cleaning before we start driving down to Port Canaveral from Northern Virginia Friday.

Me, too. Have two suitcases packed...so far. However, still busy with everyday life that I can't find time to finish packing. And I want to give this house a good cleaning before we start driving down to Port Canaveral from Northern Virginia Friday.

Where n NoVA? We are in Arlington. Just off the fantasy and counting the seconds until we can go back

We were also on this cruise and we thought the weather was perfect. We found the water in St. Maarten and St. Thomas to be warm. We also thought the water temps at CC were a little chilly at first but it was a lot warmer than I had expected. Tons of people were in the water, too.

We loved this cruise. DH and I were talking on the way home from the airport yesterday and we both agree that this cruise was perfect. Honestly, we can't think of one thing we'd change; room host and servers were excellent, food was good, entertainment was great, weather was amazing. We can't wait to go again!

Was on same cruise, back at NY today. Water st. Thomas was perfect temp, CC slightly cool at start,but very pleasent once in. 80 degree days almost all the time, perfect.

Yes! I should be sleeping. Did the major packing today & now I 'can't' get off the boards and go to bed, lol. I'm too excited!!!

We are on the same cruise as well! Bags are finally packed and ready for the most part. FE gifts finished and all important documents are I the right places. We will see you on board!

This is a great thread about the weather on the trip. Thanks all for the great information!

:offtopic:

I hope everyone made it home from this cruise okay. We took the autotrain home Saturday into Sunday. Left Lorton, Va about 9:30 am Sunday, and took eight hours to get home, instead of over three. What a mess, but I am so very grateful to have made it home safe. :guilty:

I was also on the Fantasy on 11/30, and I thought that the weather was great. St. Thomas was very cloudy, but had some sun in the early am. I also was stuck at MCO getting home to NY on Sunday night. After the cruise we stopped at Magic Kingdom on Saturday and Sunday we did Epcot. We had an evening flight which was delayed almost two hours. When we landed in NY, we were sitting on the runway because there was no room for us at the airport. We had to get towed to a different gate and sat on the plane for over an hour and a half. Frustrating but very glad to have made it home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter