"Just Married" buttons discontinued!

Paul Couturier

Future Disneymooner
I know this subject has come up before, but I got an answer from the WL IPO today through my TA. I'll be honeymooning at WDW in September.

According to the WL IPO, they no longer carry the "Just Married" buttons. They now carry "Happily Ever After" buttons instead!

Can ANYONE venture a guess as to WHY they would do away with the "Just Married" buttons???? Last time I checked, WDW is one of the Top Ten honeymoon destinations in the country, if not the world! And this certainly doesn't look good from a Customer Service perspective; last I knew, Disney prides itself on its Customer Service! Based on what I've been reading, honeymooning couples would prefer to have the "Just Married" buttons!

I'll be emailing WDW to see what the VALID reason was for doing away with the "Just Married" buttons.

Do what I'm gonna do...complain to WDW in an email!

Getting rid of the "Just Married" buttons make absolutely no sense!

Well what I heard and this is quite possibly not true but knowing todays climate of political correctness I think is the best guess:

Disney discontinued the "just married" buttons because it had Price Charming and Cinderella on them and they wanted something to signify a greater arrange of people's "situations".

One more thing if you look around online and an auction site you will find them come up from time to time to purchase. Usually a pair will be around $25 for the both of them but you can find them cheaper.

First, I must know what WL IPO means! Second, this news was out and about before we got married, 2 years ago January and I have 2 sets of these buttons so they were still out there and are still out there even if they aren't making them new? Also the cruise lines seem to still have the Ariel & Eric ones as well. The just married are indeed fun but the happily ever after ones are great too.:thumbsup2

There were some disneyland just married ones on eBay for 3 dollars plus postage when I checked earlier.

That's interesting about the cruise lines having them.

My issue with happily ever after Is I don't think it necessarily signifies recent marriage, anyone could wear it really...I liked how special and bride/groom specific the just married ones were.

With the "What Will You Celebrate" campaign now long over, I think we'll continue seeing less and less of these celebration buttons. I know that when we were in Disneyland last summer, their "Just Engaged" buttons were scarce. Both parks said they wouldn't be getting more, though the hotels still had plenty. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future, we see only birthday, first visit, and generic "I'm Celebrating" buttons.

Personally, I like the look of the "Happily Ever After" buttons more than the "Just Married" style, but I know I'm in the minority.

Paul Couturier said:
I know this subject has come up before, but I got an answer from the WL IPO today through my TA. I'll be honeymooning at WDW in September.

According to the WL IPO, they no longer carry the "Just Married" buttons. They now carry "Happily Ever After" buttons instead!

Can ANYONE venture a guess as to WHY they would do away with the "Just Married" buttons???? Last time I checked, WDW is one of the Top Ten honeymoon destinations in the country, if not the world! And this certainly doesn't look good from a Customer Service perspective; last I knew, Disney prides itself on its Customer Service! Based on what I've been reading, honeymooning couples would prefer to have the "Just Married" buttons!

I'll be emailing WDW to see what the VALID reason was for doing away with the "Just Married" buttons.

We were told by numerous cast members that they discontinued them to be politically correct because not everyone can get married (same sex couples) but that everyone can celebrate their happily ever after. Don't know if its really Disneys reasoning or not.

I hate that they did away with them. And we actually bought them on ebay so we could sport them on our honeymoon.

I don't think writing Disney will do anything. Disney pretty much does what they want.

With the "What Will You Celebrate" campaign now long over, I think we'll continue seeing less and less of these celebration buttons. I know that when we were in Disneyland last summer, their "Just Engaged" buttons were scarce. Both parks said they wouldn't be getting more, though the hotels still had plenty. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future, we see only birthday, first visit, and generic "I'm Celebrating" buttons.

Personally, I like the look of the "Happily Ever After" buttons more than the "Just Married" style, but I know I'm in the minority.

I love the Happily Ever After personally too I think its cute. I do think you'll see less of the buttons but the married ones/happily ever after pc ones will stay especially with Disney being in the wedding business.

Well what I heard and this is quite possibly not true but knowing todays climate of political correctness I think is the best guess:

Disney discontinued the "just married" buttons because it had Price Charming and Cinderella on them and they wanted something to signify a greater arrange of people's "situations".

you just can't say anything anymore without someone getting the nose out of joint.

I heard the new just married buttons will say this.

" the day you say i do.... You don't and you won't

I had a feeling this would be the case, so while my girlfriends were on their vacay at Disneyland I had them pick me up some "Just Married" buttons. This way we can wear them in November when we celebrate our wedding at Disneyworld. We were given the "Happily Ever After" ones last November while we were celebrating our engagement. We'll probably wear both sets of pins while we're there.

The 'happily ever after' buttons do look nice but couples just don't get the same attention from cast members when they wear them. Me and my DF were just at disney world in jan with a married couple and on there wedding day, even though they were wearing happily ever after buttons and bride and groom ears me and my DF got more attention from wearing our just engaged buttons and I don't see how that is fair to newly married couples and honeymooners :(

I said this to a guy getting married with his best man and ushers out in front of the church he (groom) turned white as a ghost and the best man was lol with the ushers. had to see it. married now 29 years .

Maybe one of the Creative DISigners here on the Disboards makes a "Just Married" pin or will make one up for you.

The 'happily ever after' buttons do look nice but couples just don't get the same attention from cast members when they wear them. Me and my DF were just at disney world in jan with a married couple and on there wedding day, even though they were wearing happily ever after buttons and bride and groom ears me and my DF got more attention from wearing our just engaged buttons and I don't see how that is fair to newly married couples and honeymooners :(

Yes, we got way more attention wearing our "Just Engaged" buttons than when we wore our combined "Just Married" and "Happily Ever After" buttons - which did bother us considering we just dropped a few $$ on having a wedding there!

We were just there in February and we saw "honeymoon" buttons. I didn't specifically look for "just married" but my husband and I were given "happy anniversary" with Mickey and Minnie. I would say if having something say "just married" is that important to you, just get a button maker from a craft store and make some! The fun thing about that is that you can use whatever characters you want!

Congratulations on your engagement. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter