Just have to tell you...

In reference to my post.... have you had your coffee this morning? :hug:

no, not yet. But I did have my pink ribbon bagel from Panera!

I've been blinded by the seething anger I have for school this morning so my day has not started on the right foot. And that anger has manifested itself into back spasms. It's a happy happy joy joy day all the way around.

no, not yet. But I did have my pink ribbon bagel from Panera!

I've been blinded by the seething anger I have for school this morning so my day has not started on the right foot. And that anger has manifested itself into back spasms. It's a happy happy joy joy day all the way around.

Oh no! Where's Lisa to make you happy when you need her? I don't know what to say to cheer you up..... :(

Can you take something for your back though?

And I've never heard of pink ribbon bagels - going to check them out.

Pink ribbon bagels are only available at Panera in OCT, they donate a part of the proceeds to a local Breast Cancer center. They have cherries and some sweet bit of something (vanilla maybe) and are shaped like a ribbon. Very yummy.

OK headed back to school for the above mentioned incident. Will share more details later.

Note to self, find a Panera on Saturday morning.

BAMB, sorry about the school stuff. Hope it works out.

Just a reminder to put my pages with your croppy stuff for Saturday! Please and thank you :)

You all are going to have so much fun!!! YAY for scrapping with friends!:woohoo:

Going to try the muffins this weekend.

BAMB glad you are feeling better. Hope the school thing works out.

Note to self, find a Panera on Saturday morning.

BAMB, sorry about the school stuff. Hope it works out.

Just a reminder to put my pages with your croppy stuff for Saturday! Please and thank you :)

there is a Panera at the mall, near the scrap place.
Do you want me to bring some bagels in?

You all are going to have so much fun!!! YAY for scrapping with friends!:woohoo:

Going to try the muffins this weekend.

BAMB glad you are feeling better. Hope the school thing works out.

I am feeling much better, thanks! I still get tired quickly and I had another dizzy spell this morning at school but I'm getting there.

OK headed back to school for the above mentioned incident. Will share more details later.

Does that pit in my back yard need to get bigger? I wonder if people are going to question the disappearance of all these people. ;);)pirate::rotfl2:

There's a scrappy store? Eeep! What is the name of it, so I can change my google maps :)

Um, Lisa's crop. Not scrappy store, scrappy place. You know the place we go to scrap.

Does that pit in my back yard need to get bigger? I wonder if people are going to question the disappearance of all these people. ;);)pirate::rotfl2:

Yep, it needs to be a lot bigger!!!

OK kids it's story time so gather round now.

OK so most of you know I drive my kids to school. Well, we have drop off at the cafeteria doors which are the first set of doors you come to when you come up the driveway. Today it was pouring, like cats, dogs, horses and cows pouring. My friend (broken leg mom, BLM) had gotten one kid out of the car(he took off in the rain) and was going back for the umbrella for the other 2. In the mean time Dr. Mom was walking her DD to the door with an umbrella and the bell rang.
Dr Mom said to the teacher that releases the drop off kids from the cafeteria "Broken leg mom was just running back to the car to get the umbrella and the other 2 kids". Teacher said, "well that's just to bad" and slammed the door in the face of my 3, Dr. Mom and about 6 other kids, not including BLM's kids!!!! I was PO'ed beyond recognition!!!!!! The rule is supposed to be, when the bell rings you release the kids, then go to shut the door. If there are children actively being unloaded then you wait for them to get inside. Things were running a little behind because of the rain, I mean come on, cut the kids some slack. Let them gather their belongings before they open the door and get everything soaked. She was just being a Witch!!

Now this comes on the heels of pick up earlier this week. They have changed things for pick up and now have a table across the hallway with a mean hateful sign on it so we can't walk down the hall during pick up (I have my own issues with that but whatever). Anyway Mrs. B was doing pick up because the librarian went home sick. Mrs B never does pick up, she has other duties but she was filling in until Trampy Mom/teachers aide could get there. Well, BLM was in the middle of signing her kids out when Trampy mom/teachers aide comes running down the hallway screaming at Mrs B and literally snatches the table out from under BLM (mid signature) to move the table then reprimands Mrs B.
BLM was shocked!!! So shocked she was speechless, which is soooo not like her. If it were me I'd have been like, "Back the heck(only not such a nice word) up. You will NOT snatch the table up on me like that."
So I sign my kids out and I'm glaring at trampy mom and I'm talking very loudly to BLM about how incredibly rude that was, and unacceptable, and how she should never, ever talk to MY Mrs B that way. I was ticked!!!!!!!!!

So BLM and I had a nice meeting today with the principal about the behaviors and attitude from the teachers aides. They are all so mean and hateful!!! And I've had it!!!! I'll let you know how it gets resolved.

That and PTO is trying to do a school wide Thanksgiving feast for the kids and we are meeting resistance from the teachers. They are like, feed the homeless, donate the food. OK, we can still do that but the homeless are hungry 364 other days of the year. How about we feed them when everyone else forgets. How about we forgo the teacher appreciation luncheon and donate that food instead.
We have 3 families struggling to feed their kids and I think that this is really important to show these kids a sense of unity and support without putting them in the spotlight. We already do a food drive every year so instead of taking the food to the shelter in the next town, we are going to split that up amongst the 3 families instead. No one will ever know where the food went because I always take it to the places.

Argh!!! Ok, vent of the day is over!

Oh and here is the "pleasant" sign. I'll have to write down the angry message that goes along with it to share.

stop-smilie.jpg

NICE!!!!!! :rolleyes:

and honestly I wonder why I bust my patooky for these people.

I certainly would be upset too- there is no need for any of that.

Rebecca

I certainly would be upset too- there is no need for any of that.

Rebecca

Jeez, I would have be in that cafeteria yelling at that woman in front of all the kids 30 seconds after she shut the door. That's awful, for so many reasons!

:hug: I think your food idea is a great one.

And by the way, :rotfl: about Trampy Mom.

Oh Buff - how i wish you had been a mom in one of my schools. We did not get to see that many, so any and all kindnesses would have been greatly appreciated. And the names - I laugh to think of the monikers you might have put on some of them!!!! :lmao:
They have a real gem in you - hope they realize that at some point!
See you all Saturday morning!! :wave2:

Jeez, I would have be in that cafeteria yelling at that woman in front of all the kids 30 seconds after she shut the door. That's awful, for so many reasons!

:hug: I think your food idea is a great one.

And by the way, :rotfl: about Trampy Mom.

I had to restrain myself til I could calm down. The one that slammed the door is the middle school aide, the one with the BIG Girls that doesn't wear a bra, ever, with tank tops. :scared1:

Trampy mom is a piece of work! She has a rather hot looking husband but they are polar opposites. Last year it was the boy toy sub (her BFF in high school). Well I finally had to say something to the principal because other parents were coming up to me asking what was going on. Totally unprofessional in a town this size. Now her new favorite is the middle school teacher who was MY teacher 20 years ago!!!!!
We used to get along but once she started working there, her whole attitude changed.

The last part of the food thing, is we want to start a food pantry in town and have that be the 8th grade legacy. They will do their community service there. Hopefully we can get it to work. Knock on wood.

Oh Buff - how i wish you had been a mom in one of my schools. We did not get to see that many, so any and all kindnesses would have been greatly appreciated. And the names - I laugh to think of the monikers you might have put on some of them!!!! :lmao:
They have a real gem in you - hope they realize that at some point!
See you all Saturday morning!! :wave2:

Awe, I would have loved to be in your school, or had you in my building. the kids would just love you!
I really hate to teacher bash but my God, some of them are just clueless about the world around them. You, of all people, know what it's like to have a student come to school hungry. Why on earth would they think it's ok to ignore that fact to feed people in another community. I mean yes, they need food too but charity begins at home and you can't help others unless you help yourself.

And not to gloat or anything but I'm doing all of this with DH out of work! My current list is as follows:
1 parent with stage 3 breast cancer and a mastoid in her brain (doing food and kid pick up rotation)
1 teacher with stage 3 breast cancer who had her ovaries removed yesterday and a second mastectomy and reconstruction in November (doing food and kid pick up rotation)
1 parent who has for some unknown reason lost all feeling in her legs (doing food, getting permits, supplies, and labor for a ramp)
3 families with no food
1 8th grader who's father lost his job this week (not including my DH)
and I need to raise money for 10 field trips, and $25,000 for the 8th grade.

Oh and I need to save the world, clean my house (yeah right!), and make my own family happy.

We have a great PTO this year, we finally weeded out the parents that were just there to spy on the teachers but I just can't get past the rift. Sometimes I really wonder why I do it, why any of us do it. But I have to keep saying to myself it's for the kids, it's for the kids. Today was funny, one of the dad's was at cross country and he's like you know the name of every kid on the Cross Country team all 35 of them (grades 4 -8), I'm like I see them every day, I would lay down and die for any one of them. They are all my kids, even the trouble makers.

I think you need a medal... wow. You're Super-mom!

And you STILL find time to scrap? I can't even get my homework done before midnight!

scrap, what's that????? LOL

If you saw my house, you would call social services!!! Well it's not that bad but it's embarrassing enough that we don't have friends over except for BLM. (Her house is just as messy cause she has 3 boys too).

no medals!! eek, it sounds like I'm tooting my own horn. :blush: I don't do it alone, BLM and I finally have some killer parents that have stepped up to the plate to help our kids and school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter