Just FYI, it is NOT low crowds anymore

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
Not today at least! It is so busy! So many people! We got here late today because my friend and her daughter are not morning people and I was surprised at how many people were pouring into the parks at 11:00am. Ticket booths were out of control. I bet those people were waiting at least an hour if not longer. My friend got stuck on Space just now and had to be evacuated, that was an experience!

Agreed! I’m in DCA and the crowds are definitely here!

I was there this week and the crowds weren’t bad compared to last summer. Sunday was pretty crowded, but that was what I expected for a weekend day. Keep in mind that 10-11am is one of the busiest times to be entering the park on any day, even on a day with “low” crowds. And I bet the ticket booths were crowded due to the AP “bring-a-friend” deal. You have to go to a ticket booth to take advantage of that!

The parks are really going to be slammed once the APs are unblocked. I am thinking more so during the time when APs are unblocked AND the bring-a-friend deal is still running.

Crowds now are nothing compared to what they will be once the APs are unblocked.
Deluxe passes open up from 8/19, SoCal Select from 9/4, so it's only going to get worse... Also at the moment those with a Flex pass aren't blocked from any days (they do need to reserve the days they are going still)

I've been stalking the app for my trip and today looks way worse than yesterday (Friday) for wait times!

I was there until about 2:00 today. A friend and I both observed that it was much busier than it usually is on Sundays. I suspect that Saturdays are one of their peek days.

Gotta be the bring-a-friend promotion for AP holders. We went on a Wednesday in July looking for low-crowds but found it quite close to par for a Summer mid-week. First, the bring-a-friend promotion was just started that week. Also, it was July 17, the park's 60th birthday (which I didn't know about before hand)! So I suppose it was the combination of the two...but the promo definitely affected crowd levels.

Uh oh. I am just getting on the tram now. Doesn’t seem bad form this end. Hopefully it isn’t slammed inside. Didn’t check wait times before leaving.
Disneyland App suggests...bad. Sorry :-(

Smuggler's Run 70 min
Hyperspace Mtn 95 min!
Matterhorn 80 min

Disneyland App suggests...bad. Sorry :-(

Smuggler's Run 70 min
Hyperspace Mtn 95 min!
Matterhorn 80 min
Today was an easy going day lol. Met up with my friend and her family, and we all did Jungle Cruise and Pirates together. I then went over to Batuu with my droid. It was crowded for sure. I left during fireworks so I wouldn't be stuck in the post-firework crowds.

Not today at least! It is so busy! So many people! We got here late today because my friend and her daughter are not morning people and I was surprised at how many people were pouring into the parks at 11:00am. Ticket booths were out of control. I bet those people were waiting at least an hour if not longer. My friend got stuck on Space just now and had to be evacuated, that was an experience!
Yeah mid-morning is not the best time to go. Last week on Saturday we parkhopped from DCA to DL around 10:45 and saw that ticket booth line! It had to be at least an hour long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter