Just FYI, it is NOT low crowds anymore

Yeah mid-morning is not the best time to go. Last week on Saturday we parkhopped from DCA to DL around 10:45 and saw that ticket booth line! It had to be at least an hour long.
Yeah, it’s the worst! On the bright side I think I convinced my friend why it’s important to hit the parks early!

We left right after the light parade (which was fun minus the woman who had a “seat” on the curb and then proceeded to stand and video the entire parade on her phone). Watched the fireworks on the walk back to Mickey and Friends... that was fun. They were loud from over there!

Yeah I honestly would almost rather not even come when we can’t come early. Arriving to the hoards is so unmagical.

You either have to get there at rope drop or get there late (I arrive at around 7pm a lot) and stay till it closes at midnight. HM, Pirates and a few others are almost always walk ons during the last hour of the day. And I’d argue that the most magical time time to be at Disneyland is after the sun goes down.

You either have to get there at rope drop or get there late (I arrive at around 7pm a lot) and stay till it closes at midnight. HM, Pirates and a few others are almost always walk ons during the last hour of the day. And I’d argue that the most magical time time to be at Disneyland is after the sun goes down.
I guess those of us who are non-locals get the best of both worlds by getting there extra early, riding our big ticket items, having a very late breakfast it an early lunch, take a break in our air conditioned hotel room, and then coming back for afternoon/evening. That has worked for us like a charm.

Never arrive between 10am and noon. If you can't get there early, get there late. We like arriving between 2 and 4pm on weekends. Parking is a breeze, you get to find a spot close to the front, security and tram lines are nonexistent, and people are starting to leave by midafternoon. Then the sun goes down and it's magical.

Lots of annual passes open up for Disneyland starting August 19 starting with weekdays. Expect monster crowds that week

I guess those of us who are non-locals get the best of both worlds by getting there extra early, riding our big ticket items, having a very late breakfast it an early lunch, take a break in our air conditioned hotel room, and then coming back for afternoon/evening. That has worked for us like a charm.

That would be the advice I’d give anyone who’s visiting the DLR as a vacation destination. It’s what I do when I take trips to Disney World. Another thing I think is good using that midday break strategy is trying to get one of the E ticket rides on FP as you’re leaving the parks. Then you have a good FP to use when you come back in

Never arrive between 10am and noon. If you can't get there early, get there late. We like arriving between 2 and 4pm on weekends. Parking is a breeze, you get to find a spot close to the front, security and tram lines are nonexistent, and people are starting to leave by midafternoon. Then the sun goes down and it's magical.
This is good to know. We almost never arrive much past park opening and rarely stay late because I have a baby and a 4 year old. I tried to get my friend on board with an early morning but it just didn’t happen unfortunately.

👆👆👆
So. Much. This!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter