Just found a Countdown app for iPhone!!

Chee Chick

DIS Veteran
I am excited about an app I found today called WDW Countdown when looking in the Travel section new releases in the app store. It must be new because I have never seen it before when I have searched for WDW apps. It reminds me of the tickers that everyone has in their signatures. I can even use it to Facebook my countdown. Neat! My son enjoyed looking at all the photo options with me today on it.

Now I need to book a trip so that I have something to countdown! Waiting on DCL 2012 rates to be released to book our first land/sea vacation. :banana:

Another app to add to my iPhone WDW app collection along with wait time, dining, maps, and park hours apps. I may have a problem. :rotfl2:

Just wanted to share. Anyone else has this app?

I have been using the Ticker app from Ticker Factory for about a year now. Works great!

Cool, I'll have to check it out. What wait time apps are you using? What other Disney apps are worth downloading?

Cool, I'll have to check it out. What wait time apps are you using? What other Disney apps are worth downloading?

I have the following apps and I like them all:
Disney World Dining
Disney World Park Hours (free version)
Disney World Wait Times (free version)
Disney World Maps
Disney World Lines by TouringPlans.com (I have a subscription)
MouseWorld Radio
WDW Countdown

Oooh.. New app! Count me in!

I love my apps.. I really am addicted to them..

Lets see.. for Disney.. I have.....

Disney's official app
Undercover Tourist
WDW Lines
Lines at Disney
Secrets Gold - Disney World
What 2 Ride
Wait times saved from the disney website..

and now.. a new app!

Anyone have any different ones?

- Loss
:littleangel:

I just bought the app but I can't seem to enter my vacation date. What am I doing wrong?

I just bought the app but I can't seem to enter my vacation date. What am I doing wrong?

I am not having any issues with the date. I just touch the box under vacation date and a scroll bar pops up. I select the date and press done and my date is entered.

I had some issues with another app that was being buggy a few months back. The problems went away after a upgraded my phone operating system to 4.0. Try upgrading you device to the latest operating system and see if that helps.

We are the developers of this app and wanted to address this issue as we have received similar feedback from others. There is an issue with the iPhone/iPod models that are older than the 3G models. They don't allow the pop up scrolls in the vacation date to be recognized. We have found a solution that will fix the issue. The updated version of the app will be released this week. We are trying to get it out as soon as possible.

Thank you to everyone who has purchased the app. We are big Disney fans and it has been really exciting building this app. We really do want to provide a good product.

The update has been submitted for approval. The new version should be available very soon. This will fix the vacation date issue on the older devices.

Thanks again to those who purchased the app!

I bought this APP and I really like it. :)
I have an Iphone 4 and the problem I have is that it doesn't automatically decrease the days! After 3 days of having this APP, it still says the original countdown. The only way I can get the months, weeks and days to change is if I manually re-put in my vacatgion date.

Is this how it is supposed to be? Do I have to re-enmter my vacation date everyday for it to countdown?

I have an Iphone 4 and the problem I have is that it doesn't automatically decrease the days! After 3 days of having this APP, it still says the original countdown. The only way I can get the months, weeks and days to change is if I manually re-put in my vacatgion date.

Is this how it is supposed to be? Do I have to re-enmter my vacation date everyday for it to countdown?

The multitask feature in OS4 is causing the app not to refresh until it is closed out in the task bar (double-clicking the home button) or it is reopened and manipulated. This is only happening for OS4 users. A permanent fix is included in the update that has been submitted. Until the update is released, you will need to close out the app after use in the task bar or tap on one of the buttons in the app toolbar once it is reopened.

Thank you for the feedback.

I use Big Day Lite, it keeps track of 1 event, and you can use any background picture. If you get the full version I think you can keep track of multiple events...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter