Just booked Victoria & Albert's - wowie

It is an amazing experience and you will love it!

Now that I've read all of these I think I may need to book it for our next trip!

We booked the regular dining room on this occasion ☺
I considered the chefs table, but the dining room and harpist sounds so pretty

The harpist is wonderful. She'll even take requests and can play quite the variety. I might have to request "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina & The Waves. It's the song we walked to after saying our vows :rotfl:
I don't feel like the dining room is a step down in experience, at all. They're all just different to cater to the moods and interests of the patrons.

Dh and I went many moons ago for our 10th anniversary-before the separation into different rooms. Outstanding experience. Wanted to go back for 25th but no openings. Still have my personalized menu in folder from that dinner. Heck I probably still have the rose dried up somewhere.
Went to Jiko for our 25th, and have to say-was as good as I remember V&A being, albeit different atmosphere.

We loved it but it's been a while. The Aussie dollar was much better then. We were getting $1.03 rather than the .70cents we are getting now, so it was a lot less expensive. :) It's not something I'd do often but for a special occasion, even just a really nice night out, it was a great experience.

We loved it but it's been a while. The Aussie dollar was much better then. We were getting $1.03 rather than the .70cents we are getting now, so it was a lot less expensive. :) It's not something I'd do often but for a special occasion, even just a really nice night out, it was a great experience.

I really hope our $ goes back up soon - or at least not in 2 decades or longer. I just can’t justify the cost with the current exchange rate but it’s on my bucket list. I’m vegetarian so don’t do fine dining often as it rarely seems worth it. I do like that their website has a vegetarian menu already listed which makes it even more appealing!

I have booked the regular dining room for me, DH and DS in October. DH and I had gone in 2014. Absolutely amazing! Obviously this was before the price increase. Has anything else changed other than the price? I see on their website it states there is one seating per night but I originally booked 5:45 and was able to change it to 6:30. Is that a misprint? Super excited for our son to experience it!

I really hope our $ goes back up soon - or at least not in 2 decades or longer. I just can’t justify the cost with the current exchange rate but it’s on my bucket list. I’m vegetarian so don’t do fine dining often as it rarely seems worth it. I do like that their website has a vegetarian menu already listed which makes it even more appealing!

Ugh I know. Flights are already booked so no going back now!
Praying the dollar increases
The government loves it so low for trade though ...

Ugh I know. Flights are already booked so no going back now!
Praying the dollar increases
The government loves it so low for trade though ...
Unfortunately the news I was reading today was predicting further falls - just as I get my leave finally approved for another trip.

Unfortunately the news I was reading today was predicting further falls - just as I get my leave finally approved for another trip.

God I hope not. We go next month. I'm struggling to pay for things because we are losing so much. Spending money is going to be limited.

Was everyone able to book this online or did you have to call? We plan on going in March of 2020 so I cant make my reservation until September but I have been doing research to try and figure out the best way to get the reservation. Does anyone have any tips?

Was everyone able to book this online or did you have to call? We plan on going in March of 2020 so I cant make my reservation until September but I have been doing research to try and figure out the best way to get the reservation. Does anyone have any tips?
I booked online as soon as my window opened. Then I had second thoughts and left a VM for them asking if there was availability for the chefs table. A very nice lady called an hour later stating no, but she'd add me to the waitlist for the week we'll be there.my understanding is that the main room can be booked online, but the chefs table and the smaller room you must call to book.

I've found it easiest to make the reservation via the direct telephone number for the most part but have never made a reservation 6 months out. I've also wound up on the waiting list and been called.

I booked online as soon as my window opened. Then I had second thoughts and left a VM for them asking if there was availability for the chefs table. A very nice lady called an hour later stating no, but she'd add me to the waitlist for the week we'll be there.my understanding is that the main room can be booked online, but the chefs table and the smaller room you must call to book.

Thank you!

For ozliz:

The vegetarian menu is excellent, but has become too expensive over the past few years.

Last edited:
My husband booked us for the small room online and just did it by happenstance, futzing around to see what would possibly be available for us when we go.

My husband booked us for the small room online and just did it by happenstance, futzing around to see what would possibly be available for us when we go.
I wouldn't be adverse to eating in the Main Dining Room or Chef's Table but so far we have only been able to book the Queen Victoria Room. Not exactly intimate but what with having only 4 tables you certainly can have more interaction with your neighboring guests or less as you feel:). Our first visit was with our DGD and she felt comfortable enough to try the caviar with the help of nearby tables and the servers encouraging her. Now if I can only get DGD to eat cheese my life will be complete and I can cook the way I wanna......

Another grandmother and I also played matchmakers in the ladies' room based on the caviar interaction however we both agreed to wait until our grands were in their 30's, had completed their MAs, etc before they actually met:lmao:.
Life is good at V+A and I'm happy to see someone else knows what "futzing" means :cool:.

God I hope not. We go next month. I'm struggling to pay for things because we are losing so much. Spending money is going to be limited.

Ugh, I agree. I wish WDW would do deals for Aussies to come over!! (not just DLR!)
We feed off the UK deals instead :upsidedow

Last edited:
I have visited V&As 4 times (3 times main dining and once the Chef's Table for my 10 year anniversary). Every time it has been a fabulous experience. It's not just about the food, which is great and an awesome chance to test any eating boundaries you may have, but the pagentry of the service. The people who work there really are passionate about food and their jobs. We spoke to one of our servers during our Chef's Table visit who was married to another one of the servers. He told us about the quite serious tests they had to pass to become V&As servers. He said that in the team's "down time" they all talk about food they've had recently or restaurants they've visited - so basically their job is their favorite hobby as well.

Do make requests of the harpist, she's awesome. We asked for a specific song and she didn't know it, but came over to talk to us on her break. Turns out she's a geek (like the rest of our table) and she appreciated that we requested a geeky song. I swear to god, she then left the room and 15-20 minutes later came back and played the song. She taught herself how to play it in the interim.

Do make requests of the harpist, she's awesome. We asked for a specific song and she didn't know it, but came over to talk to us on her break. Turns out she's a geek (like the rest of our table) and she appreciated that we requested a geeky song. I swear to god, she then left the room and 15-20 minutes later came back and played the song. She taught herself how to play it in the interim.

i will think of some obscure requests then! haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter