• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back: Issue 2 - call out line cheaters, or mind your own busines?

ps17

DIS Veteran
This is something we have noticed in past trips but noticed a blatant incident of line cheating: At RnR (Rock and Roller) the wait time was 45 minutes. Our family of 3 got into the single rider line and we were very quickly into the preshow area and then onto the boarding queue.

Very close to the front, as we were probably 10-15 minutes from boarding, the regular line next to us was down to about 10-15 riders long. That line was short because the succeeding group was watching the preshow backstage pass clip. Right then, a family in front of us, the mom and dad jumped the line and instructed their kids to do the same thing. I did say "boo" but I was tempted to tell the attendant or let the person know that they were cheating hundreds of people who waited in line - as well as setting a bad example for their kids. DW told me to let it go and I wasn't the law. So we did let it go. That family got queued in the next batch. The next group of preshow people got let into the room and did not know that this family was cheating. We boarded 10 minutes later

So in a John Quinones ABC "what would you do" moment, thoughts on cheaters? Call them out? Let it go? (we have seen this in the past)...

Whenever I see people do things like that, I just give them a dirty look, and stare thrm down . If you say something, it's just gonna cause a fight. Staring at them will make them uncomfortable. And if they say something to you, just tell them what you saw them do in a calm voice, but make sure it's loud enough so everyone else hears.

I would have told the CM. It is amazing how entitled and disrespectful people are. We were at a Disney resort waiting for a bus this family of three cut the line and they weren't even apologetic about it! They say there is only 3 of us:headache:. We were right in front of them so when it was our turn to board I put my arm in the entrance of the bus and let the people behind them go before them. Most of the people they cut. The family that were right behind them started talking to us and thanked us. We loudly talked about how rude they were the whole bus ride. Of course they got to sit down while some of the people they cut didn't and the husband wouldn't even give his seat up to an elderly lady of course what can you expect from that kind of people. My cousin obviously did, but it amazes me how some people act.

We don't get cut in line often because I usually just won't let them through (of course exception moms with kids that need to go to the bathroom etc). And every time people pretend to not know where the end of the line is to cut I just say excuse me the end of the line is actually over there and by pass them. It is is better when they pretend not to know English and then I say it in their own language priceless :rolleyes:. By the way no one has ever tried to be confrontational most time they are shocked they were confronted.

This is something we have noticed in past trips but noticed a blatant incident of line cheating: At RnR (Rock and Roller) the wait time was 45 minutes. Our family of 3 got into the single rider line and we were very quickly into the preshow area and then onto the boarding queue.

Very close to the front, as we were probably 10-15 minutes from boarding, the regular line next to us was down to about 10-15 riders long. That line was short because the succeeding group was watching the preshow backstage pass clip. Right then, a family in front of us, the mom and dad jumped the line and instructed their kids to do the same thing. I did say "boo" but I was tempted to tell the attendant or let the person know that they were cheating hundreds of people who waited in line - as well as setting a bad example for their kids. DW told me to let it go and I wasn't the law. So we did let it go. That family got queued in the next batch. The next group of preshow people got let into the room and did not know that this family was cheating. We boarded 10 minutes later

So in a John Quinones ABC "what would you do" moment, thoughts on cheaters? Call them out? Let it go? (we have seen this in the past)...
I'm not a shy person so I would have said something.

When it happened to us at Splash Mountain I said something. I normally wouldn't because I don't like confrontation but it wasn't just 1 or 2 people it was literally 7 or 8 people. Of course the person I said it to was nasty and I just said that its not fair to people who were already waiting, but people like that don't care. We didn't end up staying in line because the line was barely moving and the wait time was incorrect from what was posted. I ended up saying something to the CM at the front of the line, he didn't do anything and he acted like he could care less to what I was saying. So that was disappointing because those people are just going to do it again because their were no repercussions.

I said something when this happened at Soarin. We had waited at the rope for 40 minutes to get in. After we were in the last bit of line a guy comes striding up on his cell phone, jumps over the bars and joins his family. Then another person joins the same family. When the 3rd person showed up the CM working asked him where he thought he was going. He said to meet his family and she said, "Ok go ahead." Many groans from the crowd happened. I said, "you're really going to let him do that?" She looked right at me and said, "What do you expect me to do? Is it worth fighting about first thing in the morning?" I rolled my eyes at that. Nothing we could do about it, but the CMs don't care either.

That was a pretty trashy thing to do, especially with their kids present. But I agree with your wife. There's no point in saying anything, and it will just make matters worse.
I understand the temptation though, BELIEVE me. The other day, I had some woman in the grocery store remark loudly to her little kid how rude I was for stopping my cart to check something (there was enough room for two carts to pass me side-by-side, so I'm pretty positive it wasn't a problem for her single cart.)

Sigh. Is it just my imagination, or are people ruder than ever these days? :sad2:

:crutches:I don't usually win the confrontational route so I just sigh and remind kids that politeness sometimes means using the force in a Darth Vader sort of way. That doesn't usually work either. :teleport:

Sigh. Is it just my imagination, or are people ruder than ever these days? :sad2:

We live in a very self centered society. Politeness and common courtesy went out of fashion when "reality" TV came into fashion. Everyone wants to mimic the rude, narcissistic behaviors that they see on the Kardashians and the Real housewives shows. What was once outrageous behavior intended to generate ratings and provide shock value had sadly become the norm for a lot of people.

This is what I say to my DD when we witness people acting badly! I always say, "the universe will set it right, don''t you worry."

We live in a very self centered society. Politeness and common courtesy went out of fashion when "reality" TV came into fashion. Everyone wants to mimic the rude, narcissistic behaviors that they see on the Kardashians and the Real housewives shows. What was once outrageous behavior intended to generate ratings and provide shock value had sadly become the norm for a lot of people.

Doesn't matter what era...things were always better in the past.

I'd mind my own business.

Unless it is a large group clearly jumping the line bypassing many who have waited a long time, I would would ignore (besides in that example likely many others in line would be speaking out first). But in most cases I would be more inclined to ignore as I am there to experience and enjoy my time and not focus on others or waste time and energy on confrontation. Take the higher road I say, and set a much better example for my kids with me.

If it was just one family doing it, I would have just rolled my eyes and let it go. But if it was multiple groups of people doing it, I would have said something to the Disney employee. But I guess that's just me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter