Just back, highs & lows

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
We got back yesterday after 4 nights at Hotel New York. Again, we had an amazing holiday :goodvibes

Lows:
Only one low and nothing to do with Disney - the weather on Monday afternoon! It poured down with rain from lunchtime on Monday until the next morning. We're a hardened family from the West of Scotland and rain does not scare us :rotfl: DH and I ended up getting ponchos (I know, i never thought I'd be one of those people....) and DD and DS shared an umbrella as they were way to cool for that :rotfl2:We just got on with it but at one point I did worry that the whole time would be a washout.

Highs:
Getting a lovely plaza view room in HNY
Lewis getting enough courage to do Jedi Training and ending up absolutely loving it!
BTM so many times and in the dark just as Dreams was starting
Stunning Halloween decorations around the park
Meeting Donald
Cafe Mickey - great character interaction
Getting a window view in Walts and watching the Harvest parade
Bistrot Chez Remy - lovely again
Ezyshuttle - amazing service yet again

There are tons more and I'll start my trip report soon once I've got all the photos sorted.

I always worry that one day I'll go to Disneyland Paris and not feel that bothered about going back, but I still have that feeling that I need to go back NOW :rotfl:Does that ever go away?

Welcome back! :goodvibes Glad you were able to tough out the rain and it was less than 24 hours (and some of that was sleep time!)

We watched jedi Training, it looked fun for those taking part and I'm glad Louis enjoyed it so much.

"BTM so many times and in the dark just as Dreams was starting" - we did almost the same but just before Dreams each night so we could still watch (the park was open slightly later last week) - fabulous!

Great that you got a lovely plaza room view and could watch the harvest parade whilst enjoying a meal at Walt's.
We certainly haven't reached saturation point for DLP trips :rotfl2:

Looking forward to the trip report.

Welcome back, apart from the washout on one day it sounds like you had an amazing time :)

Welcome back! :goodvibes Glad you were able to tough out the rain and it was less than 24 hours (and some of that was sleep time!)

Welcome back, apart from the washout on one day it sounds like you had an amazing time :)

We were actually very lucky, I know that some have had entire holidays with so much rain. We were lucky to only have had the one afternoon and in all our trips (12 now) we've only ever have a few hours of rain in total. I suppose we've always been spoiled by the good weather!

Yay - sounds a great trip Julie! Off to read the TR soon. The jedi training does sound fun - we saw snippets of it at WDW but my girls weren't that fussed (although they do like Star Wars). It's nice that Disney are increasing the things for boys, especially those that are outgrowing Toy Story and the likes.

I LOVE BTM in the dark - I tried explaining it to an American when we were in WDW and they just couldn't work out how the Castle would be so near and you'd get such a great view as it's not like that in WDW at all. BTM in DLP has our hearts and always will - a definite family favourite and extra special in the dark.

We actually bought Primark ponchos for our WDW trip as we knew we'd have rain (hurricane season) and boy did we need them now and again. They are actually really nice quality ones so they will be coming with us on future holidays. Even DH wore his - we have matching, fetching green frog ones!!! Ha ha. Glad you managed to get on though and it didn't spoil it too much.

Sounds like a great trip Julie! I really should try Hotel New York some year....what do you like about it? Do you have any photos of the view? I also did BTM in the dark....never, never again!!! Here is the photo of us last July ! I screamed the whole way, when I finally plucked up the courage to raise my head to see where we were , there was a flash of lightening and I started all over again!!!! The poor men in the front, I wish I knew who they were so I could apologise .
12038008_10153587423840539_711732581432589146_n_zpsxx0hcgqe.jpg
[/IMG]
12038008_10153587423840539_711732581432589146_n_zpsxx0hcgqe.jpg

Sounds like a great trip Julie! I really should try Hotel New York some year....what do you like about it? Do you have any photos of the view? I also did BTM in the dark....never, never again!!! Here is the photo of us last July ! I screamed the whole way, when I finally plucked up the courage to raise my head to see where we were , there was a flash of lightening and I started all over again!!!! The poor men in the front, I wish I knew who they were so I could apologise =QUOTE]

Oh what a shame you don't like BTM in the dark! I love it because of the view of the castle and the parks.

I've just completed my trip report, lots of photos of the hotel and view on there - just about to do the hotel review too

I don't think they'll ever get me on there again....I'm more a Molly Brown type :] Ooooh I'll have a look at your report, thanks! Ha! I can't imagine being able to keep my eyes open long enough on BTM to ever see the view :rolleyes1 Kx

image.jpeg Sounds like a great trip. We stayed at HNY in 2013 & really liked it, with it being so close to Disney Village & the parks location is fab in colder weather. Loved the room theming especially the Empire State Building lamp

Glad you had a great trip and a great stay in New York. We're staying there next week and I'm really looking forward to it.

PS and off topic but how do I change my little picture and add a photo to my posts?

PS and off topic but how do I change my little picture and add a photo to my posts?
If you click on your user name in the right-hand corner it will display a menu with 'signature' and avator' :)

Julie, just realised I never welcomed you back, glad you had a fantastic time :)

View attachment 134357 Loved the room theming especially the Empire State Building lamp

Me too! I almost asked the concierge if i'd be able to buy one of those lamps when they refurbish, and then realised i'd never get it on on the plane :rotfl2:

Glad you had a great trip and a great stay in New York. We're staying there next week and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thank you - seems like ages ago now.

Click on your username and it should open a new page (don't just hover on it) One the new page loads the signature is on the left and the avatar is in the middle of the screen. :goodvibes

Julie, just realised I never welcomed you back, glad you had a fantastic time :)

Thanks Elaine :goodvibes

Me too! I almost asked the concierge if i'd be able to buy one of those lamps when they refurbish, and then realised i'd never get it on on the plane :rotfl2:

Noooo they are not getting rid of the lamps are they? I was one of the people (maybe in the minority) who actually liked the HNY theming. Do you know when the HNY refurbishment gets underway?

We've got a personalised paving stone at Fantasia gardens in front of the DLH, if l found they were replacing them (ours has been there 15 years) we'd drive from Scotland on a mercy mission to rescue it. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter