Just back - highs and lows

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
Home last night from yet another lovely time at Disneyland Paris. Over far too quickly, but so nice to have been there for the Halloween decorations again. :)

I'll start with the lows:
Weather - nobody's fault but it was so changeable you just couldn't predict and dress accordingly - went from brilliant sunshine to torrential rain in a matter of seconds.

Mickey and the Magician - watched the show for about 10 minutes (fabulous) and then the rest of the performance was cancelled. Next day we missed it again as DH and DD got stuck inside ToT for over 2 hours. And on our last day it was cancelled again due to 'train from Paris being cancelled' I didn't realise that Mickey Mouse lived in Paris.....I thought he lived at Disneyland! I hope none of the little ones overheard that reason :sad2:

Lack of time - we didn't get as much done as I'd have liked to and the day of the ToT breakdown in particular was a bit of a low - DS and I hung around the Studios for over 2 hours, unsure if we should do something because we didn't know how long it was take for them to get out. On top of that the rain came thundering down and we ended up going back to the hotel and cancelling our Steakhouse reservation because we were all too tired......reason to go back next time :thumbsup2

Highs:
Hotel New York - pixiedust: Birthday balloons and a card for me on arrival which was lovely, and our room was on the ground floor with a terrace door beside the village. Very handy for DS and I to nip out for EMH!

Decorations everywhere - as always at Halloween the park looked amazing, even with the refurbs going on it was so nice to see.

Annual Passes - they worked!!! I had nightmares before we went that I'd got it all wrong and that EMH wouldn't work with Classic passes - of course they do :laughing:

Dreams - on our last night we got a great spot in the hub, with an almost perfect view - the show was stunning :love:

Meeting the Cheshire Cat - he is so cuddly :cloud9:

Crush - had been closed until our last morning and we managed to get on first thing in about 20 minutes - I forgot how fast it went and screamed my head off :laughing:

Lewis trying Indiana Jones for the first time - his first upside down ride and he quite enjoyed it - says he'll definitely do it again ::yes::

Storyboats & Casey Jnr - not usually open when we go in October so was lovely to get a wee whirl on these

The park being open until 9pm - usually closes at 8pm when we go so was great to get round Fantasyland in the dark for me to see the lovely teacups all lit up :flower1:

We had a wonderful time again. I think the park is looking good overall, definitely some refurbs going on and we really, really missed Big Thunder Mountain. But that's always a reason to go back, not like we need a reason :rotfl::rotfl:

Will start TR soon :wave:

Welcome back! Bet there's not many who can say they were stuck inside ToT for over two hours - whereabouts were they, in the queuing area or in a lift?

stuck in the Tower of Terror for 2 hours??? I'd be freaking out!

Looks like you may have been there the same time as us, we were there Sunday to Thursday and yes the weather was a bit changeable but at least it wasn't cold and we did have some nice sunny spells too - good for Halloween decoration photos. Glad you had another great HNY experience. Those terrace rooms are my favourite.

Have you seen Mickey and the Magician before? It is an absolutely fabulous show but deservedly attracts crowds. This trip we had a similar experience to you. We watched it on Tuesday and wanted to see it again on Wednesday but didn't queue early enough and couldn't get in. On Thursday we went for the first showing of the day which we discovered was cancelled so along with a queue snaking back to Studio 1, made sure we were in plenty of time for the second showing only for that to be cancelled too (although we were given the ubiquitous "technical reasons" both times ;) ). We had to leave before the next showing.

Well done to Lewis trying Indiana Jones for the first time, he's beaten me!

Welcome back and looking forward to the trip report. :goodvibes

Welcome back! Bet there's not many who can say they were stuck inside ToT for over two hours - whereabouts were they, in the queuing area or in a lift?

stuck in the Tower of Terror for 2 hours??? I'd be freaking out!

They got into the queue at about 2pm, showing 30 min wait. We planned to do the next show of Mickey and the Magician on at 3.05pm. DH said that the queue was moving along and then all of a sudden just stopped. They heard people saying the ride had broken down but that would be up again soon. So they stayed in the queue. An hour later they were still there. I'd text DH to find out what was going on and he said wasn't sure but hoped not to be long. Another hour and they were off - turns out only 1 lift was working. If it had been me I'd have left the queue but I suppose they were thinking 'it can't be much longer' and they just stayed. Anyway, we missed the next showing of Mickey too and by then were a bit fed up so headed to the hotel for a bit.

Looks like you may have been there the same time as us, we were there Sunday to Thursday and yes the weather was a bit changeable but at least it wasn't cold and we did have some nice sunny spells too - good for Halloween decoration photos. Glad you had another great HNY experience. Those terrace rooms are my favourite.

Have you seen Mickey and the Magician before? It is an absolutely fabulous show but deservedly attracts crowds. This trip we had a similar experience to you. We watched it on Tuesday and wanted to see it again on Wednesday but didn't queue early enough and couldn't get in. On Thursday we went for the first showing of the day which we discovered was cancelled so along with a queue snaking back to Studio 1, made sure we were in plenty of time for the second showing only for that to be cancelled too (although we were given the ubiquitous "technical reasons" both times ;) ). We had to leave before the next showing.

Well done to Lewis trying Indiana Jones for the first time, he's beaten me!

Welcome back and looking forward to the trip report. :goodvibes

Weather was certainly changeable, we did have some lovely spells and only cold first thing in the morning so that was good. Sadly we didn't see the full show of Mickey and we must have been at the same bit on Thursday for the first show when it got cancelled. The second show was too late for us so we missed it completely - next time!

Off to start the trip report :goodvibes

Saw 4.10pm showing on weds of Mick and Magician.
Final 10 minutes was cancelled due to technical difficulties.

Saw 4.10pm showing on weds of Mick and Magician.
Final 10 minutes was cancelled due to technical difficulties.

Oh that's a shame. I wonder if there is something wrong. I've read on a few forums and on Twitter that various shows over the last few weeks have either been cancelled completely or stopped half way through.

Glad you had a good time, shame about the weather but as you say it can't be controlled. Thanks for sharing :)

Glad to hear you had a good time again, shame about the Mickey show but then you will have to go back again as you all got AP now no excuses ;-)

glad to hear you had a good. A bit disappointing about Mickey the magician, I hope it's sorted out. My two younger one's are looking forward to seeing that next week :)

Oh that's a shame. I wonder if there is something wrong. I've read on a few forums and on Twitter that various shows over the last few weeks have either been cancelled completely or stopped half way through.

What can ya do. Hopefully when i go next time it will be running smoothly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter