Just back from the Courtyard by Mariott at DD

I'm back from my best trip in 30 years(This was number ten for me). We spent 5 of our 9 days at the Courtyard by Marriot DD. First, there was no resort fee but we didn't receive a newspaper automatically, either. Even though we didn't use the service, there is bus service to the Disney parks from the resort. You get a pass. To get early entry through this resort, you must go by their bus. Also, I know some walked back and forth to Downtown Disney to use the Disney buses. I don't recommend the walk but it's possible to do it.

I won't say the room was tip-top but what do you want for $25 a day? In our room, we had a little bit of peeling wallpaper. There was a little mildew in the grout in the bathroom shower. The beds were ok but the pillows were lacking. Noise level was ok meaning the room seemed well insulated. One morning, our first morning there, we decided to sleep in late like 10am and we found the shower water lacking in hot water. It was as if it was all used up. By our return to our room in the afternoon it seemed fine. Now, I have to say I keep my house up better but it's tolerable for the price and conveniencce of location. Our view sucked but we didn't care; we were out most days from 7am til 10pm anyway(We would take a little break in the room). The A/C worked great. We didn't use the pool but I could tell some were enjoying that amenity. Parking wasn't too bad, either. Breakfast was available there at an extra cost. There was a small bar as part of the lobby area in the back. By the way, the room was spacious by comparison to the All-Star resorts at Disney.

My one complaint would be is to watch out for the time-sharing rep that's in the lobby all the time.

If asked would I stay there again for $25 a night; I would say yes.

Good luck to you all.

Would you please elaborate on what is in the rooms? I've heard 2 queens, 2 doubles, a sofa--I'm confused! Do you know how early the buses start? And how much bigger than the AS? Also, did it take a long to commute from this hotel to the parks? I think I understood you to say that you took a midday break. Thank you for the info.We will be there Dec.9-Dec14 for the $29 rate. I guess I will take some extra pillows!

Ditto Bete - thanks!! NOW WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ABOUT GOING ON THEIR BUS FOR EARLY ENTRY???? I surely hope you are mistaken, as when I go - I rent a CAR to come & go as I PLEASE....and DO NOT care at all for the nonsense of those buses & being subject to THEIR schedule. PLEASE clarify this!!! Thanks Bete!!!

We were in the tower portion of the building and we had 2 full beds. We had a desk with a very nice chair. This desk area was computer ready. The dresser had 6 large drawers. The dresser on one end had the TV. TV channels were limited in comparison to Disney resorts. They provided an iron and ironing board in the closet automatically. Hair dryer was built-in to the bathroom wall. We had one sink. There was a good size table and 2 chairs that were cushioned. We did not have a balcony but some rooms did have that perk. If that's important to you, then ask for that type of room. I would guess the room to be at least 50% bigger then Disney All-Star resorts. We had access to 3 elevators and never waited too long. Ice machines never seemed empty. Our floor had a broken soda vending machine. Free coffee was available in the room.

When I asked about the early entry I was explicitly and emphatically told the bus service was the only way you could get in early to the Disney parks from this resort. I don't know what they would do if you put up a fuss about it. I didn't use the bus service at all; so, I'm a little weak talking about it any further. I believe there is more service at the begginning and end of the days at the parks. Remember, some used Disney Downtown buses to get around too. I'm sure they would run more often. You get a sheet explaining the time schedule but I didn't keep it to tell you the exact details, sorry.

Thanks so much for your help, Bete! (I've been trying to get this info for WEEKS!) Thanks for taking the time.....think I'll do that (good suggestion, by the way) - about the Downtown Disney buses....can't be hassled waiting a 1/2 hr at a time.....

Take care!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter