Just back from the Courtyard by Mariott at DD

roliepolieoliefan

DIS Veteran
Just returned today after our 6 day stay. We had a room on the 6th floor overlooking the pool and facing PI. The mangement was great and gave us a reduced room rate when our flight was cancelled on Wed. The room was clean and kept. The pools are nice and the staff friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the bus service. Not horrible but pales compared to Disney transportation. I'd definetly stay here again!

Could you walk to Downtown Disney from this resort? I've heard of people walking from the Wyndham to DD to catch the buses there so I wonder if you can do it with this one too? Thanks!

edit: delete comment as I was thinking of the Marriott Village Courtyard. comment does not apply.

Planogirl
We stayed at this hotel last month and we gave up on their bus service and walked to DD Marketplace every day. It is a ten minute walk (at the most) and is well worth it IMHO. My son loved the walk as he was fascinated by the turtles that followed us as we walked past the nearby pond.
Tracy

I am so disappointed to hear that the bus service is not good. We stayed there a year ago and it was great. They were always on time at the hotel and were on time for pickup at the parks. We even took the bus to DD and it was very efficient. I wonder if they changed companies.:confused:

Thanks TracyK. I've been a little uncertain about this resort because of its location but it sounds like it wasn't too bad. We'd probably rent a car but there are just times when we don't feel like driving.

Did you see Pete's rate for this hotel until the end of the year! I got it for $25 a night for a Thursday and it was only $59 for Friday and Sat! $25 for this hotel is a GREAT rate!

Carol, You will love the hotel. It doesn't have the Disney theme like the Disney resorts but we loved it all the same. I seen the 25.00 rate but my DH doesn't have anymore vacation this year. BOO HOO!!!!! Have a great time!

I'm wondering if I should request a certain floor and/or view? Since you've been there, what's best? Is higher better? Is it better to be on the Pleasure Island side of the building? Thanks for the help.

Disnee Dad says......................................................I would say in the light of things going on, just be happy you have a room, and go and enjoy your trip!! I would rent a car if I was staying there, wait I am staying there! and am renting a car. At this rate I may want to live there!!!

If the bus service is what is holding some back, you could probably rent a car with the money you save on the room!!!!We will be there Nov11-14!!!!

how early did you check in ?Can you pre-check in and return later? what is express check in?

We requested a room in the tower on an upper floor. We got the 6th floor in the tower overlooking the pool facing Pleasure Island. It was nice to look out and see PI and the pool from our balcony. The transportation is not horrible!!! We had my DH's grandmother with us who can't walk very far and we noticed the difference between where Disney transportation stops compared to DD transportation. If it was just DH, DS and myself we probably wouldn't have even given it a second thought.

we are staying there for 10 days in oct for the special rate, i can't tell from the picture if all rooms have balconys or patios even the ones in the anex. can someone help with that? thanks

Hi,
I booked the special for Oct. 29 - Nov 2. On another thread I was reading someone was saying
how dingy it was and the carpeting was stained and the beds were not good. Did you find this
to be true? I realize it is not going to be like the resorts inside, but this has to be a really
CHEAP trip for us and the 25.00 a night is great, but I don't want to be miserable.

Did they charge a Resort fee? If so, how much was it, and could you have it waived if you refused certain amenities?

I booked at those dirt cheap rates Pete was offering (who in their right mind wouldn't??) Going Thanksgiving week.

I have a question though.... in the pics of this hotel, it looks like the rooms contain 2 queen beds, not doubles, is this true???

Any other thoughts you can share w/us about this place????

Thanks!!!
:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter