Just back from Northern AZ -- any questions?

Ok I am cutting in here as I lived in Flagstaff for 5 years and have done a few Sedona trips. For tours in Sedona I would do some research because there is a lot of companies. The Pink Jeep is by far the largest but because it is it is more expensive. Look for a company who has actual off roading excursions. Some just take a back road or a fire road. Sedona also has some awesome hiking! Some of the hikes have long hikes to get to it if you car can't go off-roading, but you can rent off-roading golf carts for pretty cheap. Devil's Bridge is a nice hike. The last little bit is a hands and knees and bottom climb to the top up natural stairs but its maybe 50 stairs and the view from the top is nice. There is a rock by the airport that you can climb up and get a great view of the town. Beautiful at sunset. If you like wine tasting, Cottonwood is nearby and has a bunch of wineries. If you want to do Slide Rock it is fun but you got to get there early. There is a two other stops that are just south of there that are just as fun and usually less busy. The first one going north is a parking lot on the side of the road just past the big iron bridge. This has a creek you can ride down and some holes you can swim in. The second is north just a little bit from the bridge with a parking attendant. This one has a large swimming hole and rocks to jump off of. Both will be more crowded on weekends but not that bad on weekdays. I personally would not do a helicopter tour. My friends worked for a company during college and I heard interesting stories about the pilots. Plus they can't go in the canyon so your not seeing a lot more. Food in Sedona, there is a steakhouse on Route 89A which I have been to twice and its great. I think its called Cowboy something. But they have an appetizers of cactus fries with prickly pear sauce which was delicious and great prickly pear margaritas. I love to also get ice cream from the shop across the way that also has a coffee shop inside, then walk out back and eat my ice cream looking at the rocks. The Sedona chocolate shop has some of the best chocolate I have ever had!

another question for you about Flagstaff. I think Route 66 goes thru there. is there much to see ? I was looking at a restaurant for lunch there (Simply delicious Cafe) and noticed it was on Route 66.

another question for you about Flagstaff. I think Route 66 goes thru there. is there much to see ? I was looking at a restaurant for lunch there (Simply delicious Cafe) and noticed it was on Route 66.

Route 66 is one of the main road in Flagstaff. So if you go there you will see it. There isn't much on it as far as tourist stuff in Flagstaff, but if you do the drive out to Winslow they have a giant sign on the corner.

If you are looking for someplace for lunch I always suggest Diablo Burger which is at Heritage Square. It is one of the best burgers anywhere but it is cash only and their ATM machine charges a fee.

Route 66 is one of the main road in Flagstaff. So if you go there you will see it. There isn't much on it as far as tourist stuff in Flagstaff, but if you do the drive out to Winslow they have a giant sign on the corner.
Winslow is about an hour east of Flagstaff.

If you are looking for someplace for lunch I always suggest Diablo Burger which is at Heritage Square. It is one of the best burgers anywhere but it is cash only and their ATM machine charges a fee.
Diablo Burger was also highly recommended to us. We were too busy on day-trips from Flagstaff to try it, but here's my friend's description:

"In the heart of downtown FLAG, the BEST burger joint there. Grass-fed beef and specially seasoned fries. Very diverse burger combos and ALL amazing. GO THERE. Called ‘diablo’ for a reason ;)"

She usually starts off restaurant recommendations with a detailed evaluation of the beer they serve, so if she focuses entirely on the burgers, they must be awesome!

Winslow is about an hour east of Flagstaff.

Diablo Burger was also highly recommended to us. We were too busy on day-trips from Flagstaff to try it, but here's my friend's description:

"In the heart of downtown FLAG, the BEST burger joint there. Grass-fed beef and specially seasoned fries. Very diverse burger combos and ALL amazing. GO THERE. Called ‘diablo’ for a reason ;)"

She usually starts off restaurant recommendations with a detailed evaluation of the beer they serve, so if she focuses entirely on the burgers, they must be awesome!

Diablo is probably the #1 suggested by all my friends. I don't go there often because there is so many good places in Flagstaff and most are local. Lumberyard, Monsoons, Fuji Sushi, Tacos Los Altos, Beaver Street Brewery, Macys, The Place, Collins, and more I can't think of right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter