Just back Fantasy SWDAS 1/5-1/12! *With Navigators*

I've been contemplating doing a last minute Star Wars cruise with my 22-year-old special needs son who *loves* Star Wars and has been *dying* to do a SWDAS cruise.
That would be a great time with just the two of you. We aren't super in to characters, and that was a lot of what SWDAS was. The fireworks and show before was really great. One of things we really enjoyed was listening to the guest speaker. I wish they had more of things like that. We also didn't dress up (just t-shirts), but I think if we had gone a little more all out on that we would have enjoyed it more.

He'd be most into interacting with the characters as they walk around the ship, but it sounds like there isn't a lot of that? Any thoughts you have would be appreciated--thanks!
There were a lot of characters walking around decks 3,4,5 (atrium) and up by the pool deck. I can't say I remember who they all were, but we weren't really in to standing around watching. I think if that's what you were looking for, it actually would be really fun!

For 2 adults who love Star Wars, but aren't really in to dressing up or meeting characters, I wouldn't recommend it solely based on that. One of our table mates dressed as a Jedi and SWDAS definitely MADE her cruise. She met and interacted with everyone, and some of the guest costumes were really spectacular, too.

Hi, we just got off the Fantasy yesterday for our second SWDAS cruise.
I miss the Fantasy so much!

I also didn't like Wishes or Believe.
I'm glad it wasn't just us, lol. Stinks that Aladdin was having such an off night when you saw it!

I thought the drink of the day was on the navigators ?
It is, my photos are just really crappy. They are on the upper right hand side, sort of sideways on the Navigator.
Embarkation: Paradise Punch (alcoholic), Espresso Chiller (non)
At sea: Bahama Mama (alcoholic), Coco Bali (non)
Cozumel: Sunken Treasure (alcoholic), Parrot Song (non)
Grand Cayman: Yellow Bird (alcoholic), Lava Smoothie (non)
Jamaica: High Tide (alcoholic), Passion Cream Freeze (non)
SWDAS: Galaxy in a Glass (alcoholic), Planetoid Punch (non)
Castaway Cay: Stingray (alcoholic), Princess Delight (non)

That would be a great time with just the two of you. We aren't super in to characters, and that was a lot of what SWDAS was. The fireworks and show before was really great. One of things we really enjoyed was listening to the guest speaker. I wish they had more of things like that. We also didn't dress up (just t-shirts), but I think if we had gone a little more all out on that we would have enjoyed it more.

There were a lot of characters walking around decks 3,4,5 (atrium) and up by the pool deck. I can't say I remember who they all were, but we weren't really in to standing around watching. I think if that's what you were looking for, it actually would be really fun!

For 2 adults who love Star Wars, but aren't really in to dressing up or meeting characters, I wouldn't recommend it solely based on that. One of our table mates dressed as a Jedi and SWDAS definitely MADE her cruise. She met and interacted with everyone, and some of the guest costumes were really spectacular, too.

I miss the Fantasy so much!

I'm glad it wasn't just us, lol. Stinks that Aladdin was having such an off night when you saw it!

It is, my photos are just really crappy. They are on the upper right hand side, sort of sideways on the Navigator.
Embarkation: Paradise Punch (alcoholic), Espresso Chiller (non)
At sea: Bahama Mama (alcoholic), Coco Bali (non)
Cozumel: Sunken Treasure (alcoholic), Parrot Song (non)
Grand Cayman: Yellow Bird (alcoholic), Lava Smoothie (non)
Jamaica: High Tide (alcoholic), Passion Cream Freeze (non)
SWDAS: Galaxy in a Glass (alcoholic), Planetoid Punch (non)
Castaway Cay: Stingray (alcoholic), Princess Delight (non)
Thank you so much for the great reply. It sounds as if it might be right up his alley. I really appreciate the detailed response. Now I really have something to think about :)

Hi, we just got off the Fantasy yesterday for our second SWDAS cruise. Lee isn't the CD on the Fantasy now, your cruise must have been his last.
He made an announcement on the morning show that he was getting off the cruise when we were disembarking. He said he was moving over to the Magic to do their Marvel days. He was a great CD. I'm guessing the January-March cruises next year will be SWDAS again, but if you want to avoid the Star Wars stuff I recommend Palo Brunch. We enjoyed the Star Wars stuff and it was the only day we could do it, but while we were there for almost 2 hours there was nothing Star Wars happening in there. Also if you book any of the drinking classes those won't be Star Wars themed

He made an announcement on the morning show that he was getting off the cruise when we were disembarking. He said he was moving over to the Magic to do their Marvel days. He was a great CD. I'm guessing the January-March cruises next year will be SWDAS again, but if you want to avoid the Star Wars stuff I recommend Palo Brunch. We enjoyed the Star Wars stuff and it was the only day we could do it, but while we were there for almost 2 hours there was nothing Star Wars happening in there. Also if you book any of the drinking classes those won't be Star Wars themed

I'm not a fan of SW, but I don't hate it and feel the need to hide out to avoid it. We've cruised with Disney since 2001, so I've done Palo brunch/dinner and drinking classes and don't feel the need to do them every time we cruise, especially won't do them to just avoid the SW stuff. I can see someone signing up for the that stuff if they don't cruise very often or if they really hate SW. I've done spa treatments on the ship and can get better treatments at home for less money. I enjoy the Anyone can Cook activities, on our past 2 SW cruises they didn't offer them on SW day, so I was only able to do it twice, usually it's 3 times. It would have been held if it hadn't been a SW day. Also like the drawing of characters and trivia games, but don't really care about them when it's all SW themed. We went to some this cruise, but doubt if I will next year. It's those type of things that make me wish our next cruise won't be SW. The characters don't bother me either, I have know idea who any of them are though, lol!! We can only cruise Jan-March and only do 7nights, so looks like we're stuck with SW, I'm just hoping when the new ships come Disney might offer something different we can do.

Hi Sara,

i've read on facebook that there was a bedrunner in the rooms especially for starwars day at sea, from someone who went also on the SWDAS cruise went. - But the question was given if all Castaway Cay club level will recive it or only Gold, Platinum etc.

It is sad that they had such problems with the kitchen. :guilty:

We'll be going in March, getting slowly excited!

Thank you :)
We were sailing on the January 12 SWDAS. Everyone in our party received the bed runner - one room with Platinums and two rooms with Silvers. So I think they give them to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter