Just back Fantasy SWDAS 1/5-1/12! *With Navigators*

I didn’t think the bed runners had anything to do with your Castaway Club status; I assumed all th cabins got one on Star Wars day. I don’t have a definitive answer, though.

Have a great cruise! March isn’t too far away at all!

We were first time cruisers last year and received one. I believe it's everyone.

I can’t wait to read your trip report! Sounds like you had an awesome cruise! We are also doing a western Caribbean in March. Would you recommend your excursion in Jamaica? We’ve been to the falls already, looking for something new. What excursion did you do in Cozumel?

I was on this cruise as well. Sorry you had trouble with the kitchen. We had no trouble at all...all week...with anything. It was glorious. Weather - perfect....food - amazing....Star Wars Day - Supreme (not as in "Leader"), Port Adventures were great (Cozumel - Ruins, Chocolate and Beach, Cayman - Dolphin Encounter, and Jamaica - Thrill Seekers...zip lining, river tubing, Aviary, Swimming and Stingrays at CC). Tour leaders and guides were so friendly and encouraging. Free Soft Serve on Deck 11 - Heaven (Strawberry/ Banana and Choc/ Van). I really enjoyed all the shows. ..but to each his own. The bed runner was for everyone, not just CC members. Getting back to "real life" has been hard. It was 70 degrees colder getting off the plane than when we got on. That'll get your attention. This was really a great cruise all the way around and I would not hesitate to suggest it for future consideration. :chewy::darth:

I will say, I was really disappointed in the Disney shows, which bummed me out. The talent of the performers was top notch, but the shows themselves were hard to watch. Wishes was okay? Aladdin was my favorite, however the Genie in Aladdin was so obnoxious I wanted to leave. Believe was the most bizzare show I’ve ever seen? The Disney numbers were good, but they made no sense in the context of the “story.”

We were on the cruise before yours, with the same cast. The main three in Wishes had very good chemistry, much more than on our previous cruises. The show was very good because of that since so much relies on their relationship.

The carpet in Aladdin was also very good. We also found the Genie to be a bit much this time around. He broke the fourth wall so much that other characters were left standing there looking like they didn’t know what to do with themselves. It’s the same schtick Hades had in Vilains Tonight, but it was less out of place in that.

Believe’s story is the poorest of all the shows. Both main characters are annoying, but at least the Genie’s jokes are a better fit there. For some reason, i don’t think the same actor played him in both shows.

Do you, by any chance, have the Navigators? Thank you!
I do! I just need to find them and load them. I’ve been slowly unpacking, haha.

Sounds like you had an awesome cruise! We are also doing a western Caribbean in March. Would you recommend your excursion in Jamaica? We’ve been to the falls already, looking for something new. What excursion did you do in Cozumel?
It was an awesome cruise! I’m on the fence about recommending our Jamaica excursion; we had an awesome time with great guides, but for the cost I don’t think it was worth it. We did the Cozumel Ruins, Chocolate, and Beach Break and loved it! We felt it was a good tour for the price, and we again had an awesome guide. It was nice since DH had never been out of the country to get a taste of Cozumel. The ruins are small, but interesting, the chocolate tour was brief but informative (and lots of samples afterward), and we had about 2 hours at Playa Mia, which was plenty for us.

Cozumel - Ruins, Chocolate and Beach
We did the same tour. It was great! I wonder if we were on the same tour? Our guide was Jorge and we loved him!

Tour leaders and guides were so friendly and encouraging
I was very, very pleased with the guides we had in both Cozumel and Jamaica!

This was really a great cruise all the way around and I would not hesitate to suggest it for future consideration
Completely agree. We had an absolutely amazing time and I miss the ship SO MUCH! I wish we had a future cruise planned, but we have other destinations we want to visit first.

really enjoyed all the shows. ..but to each his own
Agree, I’m glad Disney has something for everyone. I was super impressed with the performers and production values of the shows, I just wish the story lines had been better.

He broke the fourth wall so much that other characters were left standing there looking like they didn’t know what to do with themselves. It’s the same schtick Hades had in Vilains Tonight, but it was less out of place in that.
Truth. DH and I both are in the performing arts field (I myself work full time as a musical theatre actor, and he is getting his MFA in Arts Leadership), so we are also probably a lot more critical of things. I would still recommenced and any first time cruiser to see the shows, though!

We did the same tour. It was great! I wonder if we were on the same tour? Our guide was Jorge and we loved him!
Yep! That's the tour we were on. Jorge was so sweet and kind. That was us buying all the chocolate in the store. Sorry not to have met you then, but so glad you enjoyed the tour too. Mayan culture is especially near to my heart and Jorge did such a good job introducing people to the truth of the culture.

Question on the movie list you posted- are those the same movies they play in the room? Or is there a different list?
Are the in-room movies On-Demand, or do they have a set schedule? Thanks.

Question on the movie list you posted- are those the same movies they play in the room? Or is there a different list?
Are the in-room movies On-Demand, or do they have a set schedule? Thanks.
Those were just the movies playing in the Buena Vista Theatre.

The in room movies are on demand and are much more extensive. Lots of old and new Disney movies, Pixar, etc. I don’t have a list, but there are a ton of movies to choose from on the stateroom tv.

My kids were looking forward to seeing the early Star Wars movies on the big screen, but with start times of 10:30-10:45 pm, that just won't be happening. Nuts.

Jorge did such a good job introducing people to the truth of the culture.
He was clearly passionate about his job, the island, and Mayan culture. He really helped make the tour for us. Glad you all enjoyed it so much, too!

My kids were looking forward to seeing the early Star Wars movies on the big screen, but with start times of 10:30-10:45 pm, that just won't be happening. Nuts.
DH and I had planned on going to all the originals... but we only made it 30 minutes in to A New Hope and an hour into Empire Strikes Back. We were just too sleepy! On one hand they never conflicted with anything else we wanted to do, but it was just too late for us to stay awake.

Thanks so much for the info! We're on this cruise next Saturday! I cannot wait! Can you tell me what the current cabin gift is? (We're silver). If we are getting the backpack again, I will not pack ours from last year. Did you attend any of the DVC presentations? Some years the gifts/giveaways have been much better than others. Thanks again!

Do you get to keep the bed runner??
Yes!

Thanks so much for the info! We're on this cruise next Saturday! I cannot wait! Can you tell me what the current cabin gift is? (We're silver). If we are getting the backpack again, I will not pack ours from last year. Did you attend any of the DVC presentations? Some years the gifts/giveaways have been much better than others. Thanks again!
Have a great cruise! The CC gift was the sling backpack.

We went to the DVC member celebration day one and then a DVC member mixer. We didn’t win anything, but they had a $200 OBC drawing the first day and I think people won some backpacks. We got DVC hats and lanyards by visiting the desk on deck 4. And a door magnet. Free drinks at both!

Definitely wouldn’t book JUST for Star Wars day, though.

Thank you so much for posting this thread. I've been contemplating doing a last minute Star Wars cruise with my 22-year-old special needs son who *loves* Star Wars and has been *dying* to do a SWDAS cruise. It would be a birthday and graduation surprise. DH won't go so it would just be me and him. Our family loves DCL, but are not fans of the Caribbean cruises (we typically do the special itinerary cruises). After three DCL Caribbean cruses, we vowed to be done with the C, so the only reason to do the cruise is the SWDAS. I'm thinking from your comment above that it might not be worth it? He'd be most into interacting with the characters as they walk around the ship, but it sounds like there isn't a lot of that? Any thoughts you have would be appreciated--thanks!

Hi, we just got off the Fantasy yesterday for our second SWDAS cruise. Lee isn't the CD on the Fantasy now, your cruise must have been his last. Peter is now the CD. We've had Natalie for our last 3 cruises. This was our first with Peter. I liked him. He did a good job of giving out info without telling a lot of cheesy jokes, I did notice that Natalie has a lot more energy than Peter. Also the only acts that were the same as on your cruise was Ricky Kalmon. We had Buckets and Boards(first time to see them, loved them), the balloon man--I think his name was John Cassidy or something like that. We had another act, but can't remember his name. We had Taylor Mason on our last cruise and thought he was also really good. We cruised on the Fantasy for the first time in 2017. I also didn't like Wishes or Believe. I wasn't planning on going to either this cruise. I did go to them though. I liked them a little more than last time, but agree about the Genie. I don't like the character in the movie either though. I thought Alladin was just ok. I don't know if the guy playing Alladin was not feeling well or something when we saw it, but he just didn't seem to have the same energy as the other performers. He did the Jedi training thing later in the week that my dd went to and he was really good in it. We have the Western booked for next year. We did the Western in 2017. I'm hoping it won't be a SWDAS, because we aren't even SW fans, but know it probably will be. We don't care about going to Dunn's Falls either, so will have to look into what you did. Last time we stayed on the ship.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter