Just back (1/15-1/19)

caroline1851

DIS Veteran
My daughter (11) and I took a quick trip, 4 night 1/15-1/19. I'm not into writing a whole trip report so thought i'd mention the good and the bad of our experience.
Stayed at Pop Century. Fun theme, but very, very basic hotel room. Cannot imagine 4 people staying in a room that size. The food at Everything Pop was better than expected and I liked that they let us both order kid meals. Healthier side options instead of a big mound of fries as well as being 1/2 the price. The staff at Everything Pop were very, very slow.

We don't ever like to wait in lines more than 10-15 min so we made sure to get to each park at RD, have fp+ lined up and a plan. So mission accomplished. No waiting even though the parks were more crowded than I expected. All the CM's were friendly, helpful, patient. I don't know how they do it.

My daugher's favorite things:
Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Under the Sea, Mickey's Philharmagic, Rockin Roller Coaster, Star Tours, Test Track, Soarin, Snacks in Norway/Germany/France, Crepes at Disney Springs.

Overall food very mediocre other than some of the dessert snacks we had at Epcot. But again, glad to be able to order kid meals. that way we could get the carrots, grapes or apples along with a drink for only about $7. The only TS meals we ate were Rainforest Café (pretty good) and Sci Fi Dine in (VERY mediocre and definitely over priced). We had ordered groceries from garden grocers to save money. Overall, including garden grocers, starbucks a ton of times and all the food we ate = $375. Not bad considering that's from 6am 1/15 until 8pm 1/19.
I have to say though, Disney is the only vacation that i need a vacation to recover from. The endless double strollers and those people who will plow over anyone in their path with their stroller, gets exhausting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter