June reservations suddenly opened up!

avalon451

Errrr... what?
Wow, I’ve been checking reservation days in June and it’s been mostly just the odd cancellation, usually gone within a couple of minutes. I happened to check just now (7:45 pm Pacific) and suddenly it’s wide open! I was able to change my starting park to DL from DCA!

Edited to add: the reason I’m there on a quick 2-day trip is that I’m helping my daughter and son-in-law move to LA on the 20th- 21st.She is driving me down early on the 23rd. So I just asked if she’d join me for the day, and she will! Yay! Fun just increased by 500% at least!

Last edited:
Interesting... This could either be them moving reservation availability around from the different buckets (e.g. from hotel bucket), adding a bit more capacity with a few more restaurants opening up, or larger capacity increases post June 15.

Hoping for not huge capacity increases since we go June 20.

Interesting... This could either be them moving reservation availability around from the different buckets (e.g. from hotel bucket), adding a bit more capacity with a few more restaurants opening up, or larger capacity increases post June 15.

Hoping for not huge capacity increases since we go June 20.
Same! We’re there through the 16th, so hoping they wait a little bit longer. What would be ideal is if they got rid of some of the social distancing (like allow indoor queuing) but keep capacity where it is.

I do wonder about AC. Will they open up the land fully on the 15th, while still keeping the boarding group. That would be awesome as well!

They’ve been adding reservations consistently early every week so far. I think they stated early on that availability wouldn’t all be released up front, and this seems to support that.

They’ve been adding reservations consistently early every week so far. I think they stated early on that availability wouldn’t all be released up front, and this seems to support that.
Oohhhh, that makes sense. So I didn’t really need to panic when I lost my reservation last Friday, and then was ridiculously relieved when I managed to snag a cancellation Sunday? :rotfl:I panic too easily!

Maybe people changing reservation dates?
The theory I've seen most often is that it's when they move the "buckets" around, specifically the hotel reservation bucket.

It's been literally every single Tuesday afternoon, a whole block of days will suddenly open up - different than the sporadic days that pop up due to cancellations.

I’m seeing only DTD restaurants available the entire week of June 21. Are you guys seeing stuff in the parks? Did I miss the window or do I need to refresh my app somehow? Help!

Edit: never mind! You are talking about park reservations, not dining reservations. Need more coffee.

Last edited:
Wow, availability is already slim again! No more one park per day tickets and only a few days left with Disneyland start for Park Hoppers.

Wow, availability is already slim again! No more one park per day tickets and only a few days left with Disneyland start for Park Hoppers.
Whoa, yeah, look at that! Didn't take long! I saw only one DL start available!

I sure hope they increase ride capacity on June 15. Next week may be miserable or awesome depending on that one element because it's going to be hot. Waiting in the sun with masks on may be a little rough.

Does this reservation system work AT ALL?

I am planning to fly in to San Diego to see my college friend, and as we both are Disney fans we figured we might drive to Disneyland to visit - just for one day, as I am coming for only couple days.

So I only need 1 day and can only do like one of two particular days in the end of June.

It's being really frustrating. First - I can't buy a ticket without reservation, and make a reservation later. I think it's because the prices differ on different days.

The app will show availability once in a while, I will go through check out process - everything seems to be working. But once I put the payment, it doesn't go through. And later it says the date is not available - though still keeps showing availability on the same date over and over.

And it's the app - not web-site. So it's not a cookie, or something like this.

I know - when the date becomes unavailable, it shows even before you start to check out. That makes sense.

But if it doesn't block the date for you for a little while - so you would have time to finish paying for the ticket - that really doesn't make sense at all. If that's what is happening.

Or am I missing something? Would appreciate any helpful advice - thank you in advance!

I figured out what was wrong. I was trying to use a gift card. And it would show me the correct balance in the check out process, will apply the correct amount, but would not go through at the end. It seems like there is some problem processing gift cards - at least for DisneyLand.

I decided to try credit card, and everything worked. It sucked that I could not use the money I already paid to Disney, as I have more than enough money on the gift card. But at least I was able to snug us tickets and reservation :))) I will use gift card somewhere later - for sure.

I also have an answer to my other question - about "cheap" days and more expensive days: I can see that with the ticket I bought I can make reservation on any weekday - just not on weekend.

But I have another question: I read that Monday is the worst day to go - crowd wise. Is it still true right now? Or it doesn't make any difference right now - due to reservation system?

Thanks again - if anybody knows the answer.

Wow, I’ve been checking reservation days in June and it’s been mostly just the odd cancellation, usually gone within a couple of minutes. I happened to check just now (7:45 pm Pacific) and suddenly it’s wide open! I was able to change my starting park to DL from DCA!

Edited to add: the reason I’m there on a quick 2-day trip is that I’m helping my daughter and son-in-law move to LA on the 20th- 21st.She is driving me down early on the 23rd. So I just asked if she’d join me for the day, and she will! Yay! Fun just increased by 500% at least!
How do you go about changing your starting park? we would like to do this too!!

I'm afraid the only way to do it is to take a risk and cancel the reservation you don't quite like. And then - make new reservation with the desired starting park - if it still is available.

I am not an expert though. If somebody knows better way - correct me please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter