June Jungle Book Exercise Challenge!

Well..."catching up" over the weekend didn't exactly happen, but I managed to do a few minutes a day just to keep a routine going:

Sat (6/4) - 15 minutes
Sun (6/5) - 15 minutes
today (so far) - 20 minutes

I'm home waiting for the AC repair people (due any minute) so if they're done early, I hope to get a walk in too.

That makes 50 minutes since my last post, for 95/600.

Good morning (/afternoon/evening/night), awesome exercisers!

Lots of exciting color changes to announce today! :rainbow:

The first big announcement is our first team color change - our team is now at
Bagheera Blue! Awesome job, team!
We've also got some more awesome individual members of
Bagheera Blue - congrats courtneybeth, PollyannaMom, Rebecca Pearson, and SarahDisney!

Another exciting announcement ... we have our first members of Shere Khan Orange!!! Huge congrats to galaxygirl76 & verleniahall!

pic_detail4de7de6c7e7fa.png

I'm so excited about these color changes. The team is really rocking this challenge!

Since we have our first members of
Shere Khan Orange, let's learn about the original voice of Shere Khan.
In the 1967 version of The Jungle Book, Shere Khan the Tiger is voiced by George Sanders. Sanders refused to provide the singing voice for his character Shere Khan during the final recording of the song, "That's What Friends Are For," and Bill Lee, a member of The Mellomen, was called in to substitute for Sanders.
MV5BMTgyODU3MDQ4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTgwOTkxOA@@._V1_UY317_CR22,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Well, I did get that walk in yesterday...but I took a lazy cat with me, so I think we did as much sitting as walking. :laughing: The whole thing was probably worth about 10 "real" minutes.

30 decent minutes of gardening this morning, though, for a new total of 135/600.

(edited total - math error)

Last edited:
Good morning, exercisers!

Let's start our day with some awesome color changes.
Congratulations to our newest members of
Bagheera Blue, DVCFan1994, MaleficentEvilSister and Tasha228!
We've also got two new members of
Shere Khan Orange - congrats BumbleB and emmalatifah!

With over 80% of our team members (and the team as a whole) having reached at least
Bagheera Blue, let's talk a little bit more about Bagheera.

Bagheera serves as the narrator for the new Animal Kingdom nighttime show, The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic. Streams of water come together to serve as a screen for projections from the film, including this image featuring Bagheera:
19189-830x545.jpg

In addition to music and scenes from the movie, this show features Indian-inspired music, dancing, and performers, as seen in this picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter