--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

Fun! Where will you stay? We are also heading with a big group from the PNW-though you’ve definitely got us beat :)

Excellent! We got a VRBO out behind Downtown Disney. It's going to be a surprise trip for 6-yr old twins as they wrap up 1st grade & ~1 week before their 7th birthday. Going to pack their bags after they go to sleep night before, wake up next morning/day of flight & tell them to get dressed to run "random errand" & head out to airport! Hope we can keep it a surprise for next 95 days

We've changed our dates from the 23-26 to the 21-24. And I think we may have to change the way we do things this trip. As I mentioned in an earlier post, this trip will be my husband, me and our 4 year old grandson. As we did with our other grandkids, it's his turn for gramma and grampa to take him on his summer-before-Kindergarten trip to Disneyland. And, as I also mentioned in an earlier post, he is going through a phase where he thinks Mickey Mouse (and most of the other Disney characters!) are creepy and he doesn't want to see them.:confused: Not just the costumed characters, but anything to do with them! He IS very excited about Cars Land and Woody, Buzz and other Toy Story characters, so I know he's going to have a great time in California Adventure.

Our grandson is in love with all the Peanuts characters, so we're thinking it might make more sense to spend a day at Knott's Berry Farm, instead of Disneyland. We'd do a day at Knott's Berry Farm and a day at California Adventure. We could also still do two day park hoppers at Disneyland (and hope he'll be over his idea that the characters are creepy!) and also do a day at Knott's. We were planning a character dining meal at Goofy's Kitchen, but that might be a no go!

We are two months out, gang! Anyone grab any reservations at their 60 days? We haven’t hit ours yet-I don’t normally plan for DL dining much in advance, but I think we will at least try for a WOC dessert party. We have one kiddo under three-do we add her to our reservation?

I am thinking of Trader Sam’s and possibly a cabana rental on our arrival day....

This morning I changed our hotel reservations. We are now staying at the Candy Cane Inn, which will save us a little over $200.00.:hyper:

We are Marriott Reward members and always stay at Marriott properties. I had us booked at the Marriott Suites Anaheim, but the more I thought about it, I realized we could probably find something we like a bit cheaper. At the Marriott Suites, the room price was a bit higher than the Candy Cane Inn, plus we had to pay for parking and the shuttle. At the Candy Cane Inn, the room is less expensive, parking is free and the shuttle is free. And we've stayed there before and really enjoyed our stay.

So, it'll be the Candy Cane Inn for us in June!:thumbsup2

This morning I changed our hotel reservations. We are now staying at the Candy Cane Inn, which will save us a little over $200.00.:hyper:

We are Marriott Reward members and always stay at Marriott properties. I had us booked at the Marriott Suites Anaheim, but the more I thought about it, I realized we could probably find something we like a bit cheaper. At the Marriott Suites, the room price was a bit higher than the Candy Cane Inn, plus we had to pay for parking and the shuttle. At the Candy Cane Inn, the room is less expensive, parking is free and the shuttle is free. And we've stayed there before and really enjoyed our stay.

So, it'll be the Candy Cane Inn for us in June!:thumbsup2

Sounds like a great adjustment!

We are closing in on our 60 days. It’s 60 days til we leave our drive way right now. I can’t believe how close it is getting!

I changed our hotel a couple of weeks ago from the Clarion to the Tropicana. Looking forward to a much shorter walk and taking afternoon breaks now. :) Does anyone know of some recent pics of the renovated rooms by chance?

69 days till we arrive!!! So excited and its killing me because we cant really talk about it ( surprise joint bday trip for our 2 boys).
Already started working on coordinating family outfits. :rolleyes: Need to start thinking about and planning food n such.
June cant come quick enough!

66 days until we leave for Cali and 68 until Disneyland!

Has anyone heard anything more about WOC? I’m really hoping it’ll be back for our trip! It was one if things I’ve been most looking forward too!

66 days until we leave for Cali and 68 until Disneyland!

Has anyone heard anything more about WOC? I’m really hoping it’ll be back for our trip! It was one if things I’ve been most looking forward too!

We're there at the same time! We fly out to Vegas in 63 days, first day at DL will be in 68!

We're there at the same time! We fly out to Vegas in 63 days, first day at DL will be in 68!

Awesome! This is our first trip! We are doing Santa Monica, Hollywood and a dodgers game before heading down to Disneyland. Super excited!

Awesome! This is our first trip! We are doing Santa Monica, Hollywood and a dodgers game before heading down to Disneyland. Super excited!

Our first and only previous trip (2010) was tied to baseball (long-time friend and I on a decades-long journey to see every MLB park). This time it is Grand Canyon West, Hoover Dam, DL, Hollywood, and then a conference in San Diego while the wife and kids explore the area. We then come home for 3 weeks before loading up the camper for a week in Gatlinburg, TN followed by a week at WDW.

Life is rough!

We are 54 days out!! I made a couple of dining reservations and waiting for the 30 day mark so I can make the tour reservation. I want to do the Grand Circle Tour this time - I've heard some really good things about it.

I'm so ready for this vacation - this academic year has been so LONG.... :)

June 18th-19th. Super quick trip just me and my oldest daughter who will be almost 6. Staying at GC... technically VGC as it’s DVC.

I'll try to have everyone added tonight! Its been crazy around here, but middle school dance season is finally done, and the grading period is almost done, so I should have a few minutes tonight to get things caught up!

Going to be in Anaheim June 9 to 16 to finish our our AP year. Bit bummed Incredicoaster won't be open. DH, myself, and our 3 kids are staying at the Peacock Suites through our Timeshare. My mom and her older sister (probably) are coming too and staying at the World Mark. Only plans we have right now are to visit Disneyland, but that could change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter