--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

Started making my packing list and putting things aside to pack. We leave bright and early Friday morning! Super excited!! A bit bummed about WOC and the AP blackout issue, but I'm sure we'll still have a blast. It's our first trip so we want to do and see everything, and we have 6 days to do it.

We've been to WDW the week before Christmas, Thanksgiving week, 4th of July, and Easter week and always enjoyed ourselves. We even did MK on Thanksgiving day, which everyone says is a huge no-no, but we did it and had a blast.

Staying at DLH so we have an awesome hotel and pool to escape the mid-day heat and crowds. And we plan on doing early morning rope drop and max pass. I think we are as prepared as we can be!

Geez! Im so sorry guys. The hits keep coming it seems. :sad2: Im trying to come to terms with all the changes randomly thrown at us but Im still sad and just really dont understand it all.

Planning and packing must go on though so Im curious which weather forcast websites do you find to be most accurate? There seems to be significant differences in predictions depending on which site you look at.

Geez! Im so sorry guys. The hits keep coming it seems. :sad2: Im trying to come to terms with all the changes randomly thrown at us but Im still sad and just really dont understand it all.

Planning and packing must go on though so Im curious which weather forcast websites do you find to be most accurate? There seems to be significant differences in predictions depending on which site you look at.

I don't think the WOC extended closure was something they wanted or planned to do. Unfortunately something broke. Still super bummed as this was the one thing I was most looking forward to. :(

I've been wondering about weather too! We're from south Louisiana but it sounds like I may need light jackets for mornings/evenings in California.

I
I've been wondering about weather too! We're from south Louisiana but it sounds like I may need light jackets for mornings/evenings in California.
We always bring them. Usually do not need them. Unless sometime when you are outside at night in the same place and not moving. Like waiting for WOC or fireworks.

:wizard:

We always bring them. Usually do not need them. Unless sometime when you are outside at night in the same place and not moving. Like waiting for WOC or fireworks.

We are going to the dodgers game Saturday. Starts at 5:15. Think we’ll need a jacket? I figure it’ll be about 3 hours or so, Sun just starting to set when done.

We are going to the dodgers game Saturday. Starts at 5:15. Think we’ll need a jacket? I figure it’ll be about 3 hours or so, Sun just starting to set when done.
I love those Dodgers! I have been to many games there starting when I was 6 years old!

I would check weather before but suspect you will not need a jacket or light sweater. I tend bring them anyways and not need them in the end LOL.

We needed sweatshirts/light jackets in the evenings when the sun went down. With those we were comfortable. Only night not so comfortable was when our feet were wet from Splash Mountain. I couldn't believe how chilly it got at night. We live in Colorado and when we arrived at the Denver airport at 9:30 pm it was 80 degrees out, when at the same time at Disney it was in the 60's.

So, now that our WOC package is being cancelled for the 22nd :sad1::sad1: I think I’ll book a character meal for the gang-we have 8 and are also doing the B.B. F! Package, and of course Mom (me) is paying for the big meals. We’ve done Plaza before-characters were great, I thought food was meh. Since we have five days, going to one of the hotels wouldn’t be a problem-thoughts? I’ve heard Storytellers has the best food.

Just got back from our trip :) It was awesome!! Had so much fun - 5 days in the parks and could have stayed longer but...reality, you know :(

One tip I will give - Mobile Order!! OMG it was the best thing ever! We never stood in line for food. We would order either sitting at a table or walking to the restaurant and just choose arrival window of "Now - xx:xx" time given. Once we placed our order we would hit "I've arrived" and in 5 - 10 minutes (sometimes faster) our food would be ready and we would just walk up and get it. It sure beat standing in line for 15 minutes then ordering then waiting again for the food.

One time we even ordered dinner just before we left the hotel after our afternoon break and then only waited about five minutes after arriving. It was awesome!!

We had such a good time and the weather was amazing - we needed sweatshirts in the early morning and evening but mid day was perfect. Our last day it was a bit warmer but couldn't complain since we had such great weather.

I hope the rest of you still going in June will have as wonderful a time as we had :)

So, now that our WOC package is being cancelled for the 22nd :sad1::sad1: I think I’ll book a character meal for the gang-we have 8 and are also doing the B.B. F! Package, and of course Mom (me) is paying for the big meals. We’ve done Plaza before-characters were great, I thought food was meh. Since we have five days, going to one of the hotels wouldn’t be a problem-thoughts? I’ve heard Storytellers has the best food.
Since we don't get to hang out at WOC with you now, maybe you should do Plaza Inn with us! ;)

My first character meal ever LOL.

For a long time the Storytellers character meal was not very popular. I think the ones at the DLH and PPH were more popular. Recently things changed. Hopefully others can help you further.

If you have budget, you may want to instead consider a tour like Walk in Walt's Footsteps?

Since we don't get to hang out at WOC with you now, maybe you should do Plaza Inn with us! ;)

My first character meal ever LOL.

For a long time the Storytellers character meal was not very popular. I think the ones at the DLH and PPH were more popular. Recently things changed. Hopefully others can help you further.

If you have budget, you may want to instead consider a tour like Walk in Walt's Footsteps?

I’ve thought about that just for me :). When are you doing Plaza? Stalking availability at this point...the food wasn’t exciting last time but character interaction was awesome.

Just a heads up for anyone here the next few days, Indiana Jones is down for a few days. I’m glad I had a chance to ride it yesterday!

The DLR calendar seems to have IJA down through this Thursday.

After all the bad news I have had lately about next week I was fearing the worst on IJA.

Thanks Stephanie!

Last edited:
The DLR calendar seems to have IJA down through this Thursday.

After all the bad news I have had lately about next week I was feared the word on IJA.

Thanks Stephanie!

I’m so glad it will be back up before your trip! I know you enjoy the ride. Once a trip is honestly enough for me. I love the queue, but the ride is just okay. Despite the closures, Em and I are having a great time. Getting there early, taking breaks mid-day, staying late, utilizing MaxPass are all keeping the trip flowing beautifully. And now that we are finally staying at BWPPI, I am prepared to concede that it is indeed closer to the crosswalk than PVI. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter