--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

If you're going later in June, check your park hours. The hours for my entire trip were extended. For example, on Saturday, 6/16 DL's closing extended from 11:00 pm to Midnight. Also, DCA is now open on the 16-23 until 11:00 pm instead of 10:00 pm.
Nope. We're still 9:00 open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with an 8:00 open on Monday. Makes no sense. We'll do the MM on Saturday, so at least that'll be an 8:00 open, but I really am not crazy about 9:00 opens especially on weekends.

Nope. We're still 9:00 open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with an 8:00 open on Monday. Makes no sense. We'll do the MM on Saturday, so at least that'll be an 8:00 open, but I really am not crazy about 9:00 opens especially on weekends.
That's really insane. Their operations department made some disappointing decisions this June. The shorter hours, PP closure, WOC closure and last minute closure of TSMM really are frustrating.

That's really insane. Their operations department made some disappointing decisions this June. The shorter hours, PP closure, WOC closure and last minute closure of TSMM really are frustrating.

Yep! We are excited to go, but pretty bummed at everything we will miss!

Totally agree. Hope this is not a trend but afraid it might be. First trip to DLR for me in a long time, maybe ever, I feel discouraged about before I have even left.

:wizard:

Totally agree. Hope this is not a trend but afraid it might be. First trip to DLR for me in a long time, maybe ever, I feel discouraged about before I have even left.

:wizard:
I understand the construction, as things need to happen, but there's ALWAYS construction nowadays. I've been going to DLR for 3 decades and it just seems like there's no way to miss closures anymore! I just can't wrap my head around the TSMM week (plus) long closure being announced 5 days before it happens. What is the deal? They surely knew of the possibility further in advance.

I am starting to believe the tinfoil hat theory-their party wasn’t selling so this is a way to drive people to buy it. I’m mostly sure-mostly-that’s not true-but it does make me wonder. TSMM isn’t one of our favorites, though it’s always fun-but I’m really disappointed about WOC.

I am starting to believe the tinfoil hat theory-their party wasn’t selling so this is a way to drive people to buy it. I’m mostly sure-mostly-that’s not true-but it does make me wonder. TSMM isn’t one of our favorites, though it’s always fun-but I’m really disappointed about WOC.
I do think WOC was an unfortunate accident and beyond their control. But TSMM? That was rude. And reduced park hours? At the same time as you are taking rides away? I am getting a bad feeling. I have said this in the past. What I value most at Disney is going somewhere I can feel good. If they are doing things to not make me feel good, I will go less. Which is probably what they are trying to do if they are trying to reduce guests. :sad1:

Last edited:

I was wondering if TSMM wasn't supposed to close. They're only closing the one at WDW for a short while and the change is bigger. I'm wondering if there are some issues with finishing the general area and they've just decided it is best to close the ride so that guests aren't back in that area at all. But I am still bummed.

I am so happy we decided to ride TSMM earlier in the week and even got some Disney Magic, as we got on the ride a CM handed up a "ride anytime pass" for TSMM so we got to ride it twice that day! I was so shocked when we arrived to DCA today to see a wall up that goes down to TSMM, however the treat place with the Lemon freeze was still open, so hopefully it will remain that way for others coming later.

The trend I’ve noticed is that security in the mornings is very efficient. Fully staffed and always includes a no bag line. After that, they reduce personnel and metal detectors so that it takes forever to get through. So frustrating.

WOC was beyond their control. I'm still hoping they can get it up in time.

WOC was beyond their control. I'm still hoping they can get it up in time.
I agree, the current rumors of an extended closure of WOC are beyond their control. The WOC comment in my post referenced the ongoing closure that began in the Spring and extends into Summer - as scheduled. Whether or not WOC returns later in June, I understand an extension of the ongoing closure due to a surprise platform collapse - life happens.

I agree, the current rumors of an extended closure of WOC are beyond their control. The WOC comment in my post referenced the ongoing closure that began in the Spring and extends into Summer - as scheduled. Whether or not WOC returns later in June, I understand an extension of the ongoing closure due to a surprise platform collapse - life happens.
OK, but the closure was planned, and they brought in PTN to take its place with 2 shows until WOC could return, then 1:1 shows.

OK, but the closure was planned, and they brought in PTN to take its place with 2 shows until WOC could return, then 1:1 shows.
Good point and PTN is a worthy replacement. It's not, however, true that PTN was scheduled twice per night until WOC returns. Originally, WOC was scheduled to be closed through 6/21. PTN was only scheduled once per night, at least from June 16th - 21st. This may have changed given recent events.

Update, now Disneyland has lifted most AP blockouts after June 11th until the 22nd and promoting a discounted parkhopper option to passholders to bring a friend. Should be extremely busy the week of June 17th given NO AP BLOCKOUTS at all. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...eyland-resort-annual-passholders-this-summer/

As a PH who is not blocked out & having already purchased tix for a visiting niece coming the 18th/19th, not at all thrilled with this! (Just added frustration given the hours and late notice of TSMM closure, etc).

I am grateful to my daughter's dance studio, which scheduled their recital for 6/22 and 6/23, otherwise, we might have been there that week, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter