Jumpin' June Exercise Thread

880/1000

Thursday, did 30 minutes of PT plus 30 minutes worth of dancing at my end term party for the faculty in the school where I teach.
Friday, did 30 minutes of cardio.
Today, did 130 minutes combined of house cleaning, PT and resistance training.

I'm done with PT for my back! My PT said to exercise 6 days a week...resistance training every other day and cardio on the days I'm between, with one day off per week. My back is so much better. I have to do more moderate exercise now, no more advanced exercises for me. It's fine, I modify things to suit the needs of my back and I feel great! Even after sitting in the car for a while. So I will be set when we hit the road for WDW in 20 days! :)

. natalieguy--Of course you may continue posting after you reach goal! You could even change your goal right now if you want. There are no rules. This is totally something for you. Keep up the good work. Let's finish this month strong!

Thanks!! I'll keep posting :)

I haven't posed in a few days so I need to catch up!

60 mins HIIT training
60 mins cardio X
60 minutes of body attack
60 body pump
60 minutes HIIT training

1825/1400

Slowed down on my exercises and posting! First, thanks for hosting this month!

610/900 so far

Adding 80 minutes gym
20 minutes other walking

2410/2400!!

I ran a mud run with some friends this afternoon. Then I had my 7 training miles to run this afternoon. It all totaled up to 140 minutes. I'm beat now.

1192/1200

I think I'll stick with 1200 for July too since it worked pretty well this month.

Linda - thanks for hosting, you did an awesome job!!! :cool1:

I'll volunteer in Sept or later, but too much potential out-of-town in July/Aug.

Is there a July thread yet?

I'm trying to figure out what my goal should be in July. We are leaving July 18th to drive down to WDW!! We arrive July 20th and stay until the 30th. I have no idea exactly how much time I will be walking in the parks (7 days at WDW parks, one day at legoland). So I don't know what to set my goal for. I don't have a fit bit and I don't want to bring my heart rage monitor because I'm not gonna want to wear a chest strap all day. Any ideas?

Updated through post 339.

Funny story to tell you guys, and I know you'll understand! Last night I did my sit ups as usual on our 10+ year old stability ball. I leaned back over it to stretch out and POP! I was on the floor. :rotfl2: I wasn't hurt and we all had a good laugh. :thumbsup2

:) thanks for the laugh this morning!

I've tried to be active the last few days with some tennis, yoga, strenght work for a total of 118 minutes.

Today, I'm sitting here all dressed for a run but I'm stalking the results for the Challenge Atlantic City Tri. My husband is doing his first full distance tri today (2 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run) and I'm anxious to see that he's made it out of water.

1169/2000

I'm trying to figure out what my goal should be in July. We are leaving July 18th to drive down to WDW!! We arrive July 20th and stay until the 30th. I have no idea exactly how much time I will be walking in the parks (7 days at WDW parks, one day at legoland). So I don't know what to set my goal for. I don't have a fit bit and I don't want to bring my heart rage monitor because I'm not gonna want to wear a chest strap all day. Any ideas?

Hey bangzoom....I'm thinking just pick a number (2 hrs? 3 hrs?) for each day and go with that and don't worry about keeping track. It's a vacation, and yes you'll be walking a lot, but also resting and riding on rides and waiting in line, and who needs the worry about accurate exercise time? This goal is for you and you only - if you're tired at the end of the day, then you've exerted yourself plenty and who cares about the exact minutes?

Another thought would be to pick a goal to strive towards for July 1-18, track that, and then quit counting....

Have a fabulous trip - the most we've stayed is a week, so I'm a bit envious! :)

I'll volunteer in Sept or later, but too much potential out-of-town in July/Aug.
That's my story for August and September! :) Thanks for being willing to host!

I think 2TxAgs gave great advice! ::yes:: I usually just guestimate about 2-3 hours a day when we're there and leave it at that!
I will probably start the July thread tomorrow evening (Pacific time) unless somebody beats me to it!

Today, I'm sitting here all dressed for a run but I'm stalking the results for the Challenge Atlantic City Tri. My husband is doing his first full distance tri today (2 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run) and I'm anxious to see that he's made it out of water.1

My girlfriend's hubby is a triathlete, he did the Ironman in Hawaii and she's always watching that TV for him to get out of the water!

Well, Folks. Only a day and a half left. How are you doing? I think we are looking good. As a group we've done over 24,000 minutes! :cool1:

950/1000

Went walking with my son at the park on this beautiful day! 70 minutes total today. 50 minutes to go for goal. I think tomorrow should do it, as I'm spending hours shopping with my niece tomorrow, so a lot of walking for me! :)

I like the idea of setting a goal for July 1-18. I think that's what I'll do. I know for sure I will get plenty of exercise at WDW. We even walk to two of the parks!

799/1100

Had to take a break from running & walking due to knee issues.

Going to try for 26 more minutes tomorrow to reach 75%.

Thank you!

I'm not going to the mall tomorrow so no long walk for me. DS7 has a stomach bug, and I'm not gonna expect my mother to watch him when I can be home with him. I might get some PT and resistance in, but maybe not. Probably more house cleaning though. Not sure if I will reach my 1000 minute goal, but I'm very happy with what I've accomplished given the fact that I couldn't exercise for about a week because of my back.

1080/1200

Probably will manage another 70 minutes today. That means that I fail my boal by 50 minutes. But for the way the months shaped up, I am quite happy with that!! :goodvibes

Looking forward to July!

Linda, thank you so much for keeping this thread going, it is such a great motivator!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter