July Exercise Challenge...Jump In!...Everyone Welcome!

Adding 35 mins yesterday
and 41 mins today

so that's 233/500 so far. I can live with that.

We moved this month (last time for a LONG time!), and we are finally in our house after the longest closing process EVER. We moved out of our old house July 3!!!! visited with my parents for a few days and drove across the country with U-Hauls... then spent 11 days without a home and stayed with relatives. Holy crap. Never again.

Still in tons of boxes but finally back to a semi-routine as far as exercise and food. I have bad reflux because of a hiatal hernia, which I can normally control through diet but the past month has caused it to really flame up - heavy lifting, alcohol (staying with relatives that drink wine every day!), high fat foods (convenience food) and bad sleep/exercise habits, dehydration... started on prilosec again and hopefully this week I can get that under control. It's a very sharp pain in my pack, not normal for the GERD but apparently a possibility with the hernia. (anyone else dealt with this??)

It's amazing, though, how much health is affected by diet and exercise. Going for a run today felt so good after being so unhealthy this month. :cool1:

Hope everyone's doing okay after the heat wave we had.

I so feel your pain...I HATE moving!! :scared1:

Just as an FYI, the DH and DBFF are Nexium addicts. They started taking an aloe concentrate from Herbalife and now the DBFF is completely off of it! :banana: (The DH JUST started taking it and is loving it so far). Something to maybe consider...??:confused3

Did my leg pt exercises last night - 15 min. Bailed on my planned run thanks to a cold kicking in for me and DS. :( hoping it passes quickly and I'm definitely running tonight. No more messing around-wine and dine training is officially here!

545/800

Ok trying to do the math here from vacation!

7/17 - 40 min swimming
7/18 - 61 min walk
7/19 - 51 min run
7/20 - 87 min walk
7/21 - 87 min walk (odd times, but I walked up and down a hilly neighborhood street 4 times!)
7/22 - 45 min walk

1354/1500

I will come back and post what I do here shortly too.

Today's exercise - 134 minutes

With my wife:
Warmup walk - 5 minutes
Ran 3 miles - 36 minutes
Cooldown walk - 10 minutes

By myself:
Warmup walk - 5 minutes
Ran 5.5 miles - hill repeats - 68 minutes
Cooldown walk - 10 minutes

July tally - 2457/3000

45 minutes circuit training this morning.

930/1200

ETA: I used to have terrible reflux, I was on Aciphex for years. I went cold turkey during my pregnancy and was miserable UNTIL I got gestational diabetes and went low/good carb. Within days my reflux cleared up and didn't come back, even at 9 months pregnant with an 8 lb baby. Now (almost 3 years later) it only comes back when I eat junky carbs for a few days in a row. May not work for everyone, but I wanted to share since I'd never been told/read that a low/good carb diet could impact reflux. And I hate taking medicine!

Ouch, welcome back to Louisiana humidity. I was only able to do a 17 minute run today. But I got back inside and did 45 on the elliptical.

New total is 1416/1500

7/21 - 15 min walk with dog
7/22 - 45 min run (started with my daughter who is 18, she quickly moved ahead on her own and ran another 2 miles to my 3.25. But it was neat that we started together - a short mom/daughter moment, which when they get older is precious everytime!) Then same daughter and I walked the dog in the evening for another 20 min.
7/23 - DD and I intended to run early - didn't happen. Instead, 20 min walk with the dog was all I got it.

1020/1100

My kids leave for college in less than a month - quiet days are on the horizon. TOO quiet!

I so feel your pain...I HATE moving!! :scared1:

Just as an FYI, the DH and DBFF are Nexium addicts. They started taking an aloe concentrate from Herbalife and now the DBFF is completely off of it! :banana: (The DH JUST started taking it and is loving it so far). Something to maybe consider...??:confused3

45 minutes circuit training this morning.

930/1200

ETA: I used to have terrible reflux, I was on Aciphex for years. I went cold turkey during my pregnancy and was miserable UNTIL I got gestational diabetes and went low/good carb. Within days my reflux cleared up and didn't come back, even at 9 months pregnant with an 8 lb baby. Now (almost 3 years later) it only comes back when I eat junky carbs for a few days in a row. May not work for everyone, but I wanted to share since I'd never been told/read that a low/good carb diet could impact reflux. And I hate taking medicine!

Thanks, those are both helpful ideas. Tomorrow is the 4th day after starting Prilosec again so hopefully it will be a little better. Cutting out "bad" carbs should be easy since we're GF, except for the sugar (which I love love LOVE sugar!)

Is the aloe concentrate a liquid or a pill?

Thanks, those are both helpful ideas. Tomorrow is the 4th day after starting Prilosec again so hopefully it will be a little better. Cutting out "bad" carbs should be easy since we're GF, except for the sugar (which I love love LOVE sugar!)

Is the aloe concentrate a liquid or a pill?

It's a concentrate that you can either add to water or take like the DH does, straight out of the bottle. I believe it comes in either plain or mango flavored.

Got in a 50 min run in last night in what I think was the mid-90's. Thank Mickey for water belts! Managed to drag my butt out of bed at 4:45 this morning for intervals on the elliptical and strength/PT exercises. Somebody needs to tell insomnia she is NOT my friend! :confused:

7/23 - 50 mins run
7/24 - 50 mins ellip/PT

894/1000 :banana: :yay: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter