July 2016 Rental Car discounts?

petsaregreat

Mouseketeer
HI Everyone,

Can't seem to find a July thread. We are looking at renting a car July 18-Aug 10. The car rental prices are so high this year (we have been the last 3 March break & summers and have seen the prices continue to increase) that we might have to drive. Which would be TORTURE for both myself and our kids. I am desperate to find a good discount. Need a SUV or minivan. Prices are insane. Really need that National KLM code to start working again!

Has anyone had luck finding a good rate or awesome code??

I need to book flights asap if we aren't going to drive. To recap: I do not want to drive. Ever.

Thanks for any help!

I am interested in this topic as well. Although, I feel like I have won the lottery already. I booked an economy car from MCO through Costco Travel in mid-December for 7/1-7/16. I got a price of $390 with Alamo. Just looked this weekend, and the same vehicle for the same timeframe is over $800!! Of course, if I put in 6/30 or 6/29, the price drops into the $400's. Interestingly, Enterprise still priced at around $390 for an economy for the same timeframe through Costco Travel when I looked this weekend. Good luck to anyone renting over the holiday weekend!

I got a fairly good deal through USAA for end of june through july 6th. 10 nights with a minivan for $290. No code though, just through my account.

Today, I see a rate of $165.09 + $59.38 tax ($224.47) rental of a compact car with Alamo through Costco, mid-month. That is one week. If you change the dates by even one day it goes up or down considerably. I don't think Costco has come out with July specials/codes yet.

I am following this thread. When looking for a car rental, which companies should I stick with? Thanks!

Is there another JULY 2016 CAR RENTAL RATES thread stashed on the Disboards that I'm missing? Nothing else is coming up when I search various keywords and I know our other months trip have good sized threads going on.
I'm trying to put together a "last minute" trip and am getting sticker shock for the pricing July 10-16!

Is there another JULY 2016 CAR RENTAL RATES thread stashed on the Disboards that I'm missing? Nothing else is coming up when I search various keywords and I know our other months trip have good sized threads going on.
I'm trying to put together a "last minute" trip and am getting sticker shock for the pricing July 10-16!

I just looked at Alamo and Costco. Costco's Alamo pricing included the member discount with a 1-class upgrade. For your dates, it's pricing around $360-$390 for those 6 days. The pricing is about the same if you add a day. Surprisingly, the price is the same whether you rent round-trip from MCO or Dolphin/CCC. Even more surprising, it is about $100 less if you pick up at Dolphin, but return to MCO. Picking up at MCO and returning to Dolphin is about the same as MCO-MCO or Dolphin-Dolphin. The CCC to MCO rental prices about the same as the Dolphin to MCO rental.

The Alamo at the Dolphin is only open 8-4 (I believe), so if you have to pick up or drop off outside those hours, you may be better off using the Disney Care Care Center Alamo location, instead. Of course, you need to be a Costco member to use the discount. I have been asked for my Costco card when I have picked up my rental in the past.

Hi,
Just booked July 8-17 through Alamo full size car for 199.27 and was happy for now.

Hi,
Just booked July 8-17 through Alamo full size car for 199.27 and was happy for now.

Hmm...Got any secret codes? I'm at way more than that, for July 10...11:00 pm. To July 16...5:00 pm...I've got some flexibility on my pick up...Just my son and I doing an "semi-unplanned" trip....Could pick up Monday mid-morning. TIA!

We're booked for July 23-Aug 5th, wanted to change it by a few hours to an earlier pick up, I called Alamo and they said they would have to add another whole day. When I booked a few months ago, the rates were pretty good, now I can't believe how high they are! If it doesn't come down, I might just leave it alone, and I'll be picking it up a few hours earlier than I thought. (got on an earlier flight down)

When does Costco release discounts...? Can you book now and adjust the price later?

The Costco discounts don't change much throughout the year. Most of the time there is base discount and another coupon with a one-class upgrade, at least for Alamo. If you book through Costco and later find a better price, you can make a new booking and cancel the first. One nice thing with Costco and Alamo is that you get a second driver at the same address for free.

As has already been mentioned, the rates for July are horrendous. I was able to book a full size today with Costco Travelfor 7/22-8/5 thru Alamo for $581 tax included. My pickup and dropoff is at the Dolphin. Normally i pickup and dropoff at the airport, but those rates are $800 and up.

Shocked by the rates right now. National got rid of my favorite promo code so I've got nothing.

I'm not sure if it's ok to post this so I won't say the name (I'm not on the up and up for rules since I only come back to the disboards when I'm looking for car rental) but I'm going to buy tickets for ziplining through a company and get their car rental discount. It's pretty significant.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm shocked that the July Car Rental thread is so short. Most months are pages long by now! I see there is another thread but it only has 4 posts. Anyway, I currently have an Alamo rental for 7/13 - 7/16 using the Vegas Brazil code (7016427) and the one car class upgrade coupond (AU5059ODT) for $133.79 (Compact upgraded to Midsize). Certainly not the best price so I'm hoping to find better before my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter