July 2016 Rental Car discounts?

I'm not going to Disney or Florida, but I found an excellent price through Avis or Budget with the Pay Now Option for Puerto Rico. Since I am leaving Friday, July 29th I took advantage of that. I saved $123 for a midsize car from my Alamo reservation.

Avis has better prices for bigger cars and Budget has better prices for smaller cars.

For Avis use, AWD A519300 (found it on RetailMeNot) and coupon MUWA169 (from Avis website).

For Budget use BCD B002500 or D419900 (found it on RetailMenot) and coupon MUWZ074(from Budget website).

It might works also for other locations.

For those of you who traveled in July and rented a MID SIZE from Alamo or Enterprise or National....can you please share the type of car you got and what you saw in the midsize sections of Alamo or Enterprise or National. This year I didnt use the upgrade coupon so it looks like I am stuck with a MidSize. The prices are too high to rebook for an upgrade. I am going in 8/12 - 8/27...15 days....my final price is $326 for a midsize. It says Hyundai Elantra, but I am curious what other vehicles they have on the midsize aisles of ALAMO....or ENTERPRISE or NATIONAL. All of them are interchangeable...so I would like to know what you saw in the MidSize Section. I would GREATLY appreciate it.

For those of you who traveled in July and rented a MID SIZE from Alamo or Enterprise or National....can you please share the type of car you got and what you saw in the midsize sections of Alamo or Enterprise or National. This year I didnt use the upgrade coupon so it looks like I am stuck with a MidSize. The prices are too high to rebook for an upgrade. I am going in 8/12 - 8/27...15 days....my final price is $326 for a midsize. It says Hyundai Elantra, but I am curious what other vehicles they have on the midsize aisles of ALAMO....or ENTERPRISE or NATIONAL. All of them are interchangeable...so I would like to know what you saw in the MidSize Section. I would GREATLY appreciate it.
I had a black Toyota Corolla from the Alamo aisle. I stopped walking through the aisle when I found the Corolla since I wanted to drive a Toyota so I don't know what else is available. Next to the car I took were a few Hyundais (assuming they were Elantras) and a Nissan.

I had a black Toyota Corolla from the Alamo aisle. I stopped walking through the aisle when I found the Corolla since I wanted to drive a Toyota so I don't know what else is available. Next to the car I took were a few Hyundais (assuming they were Elantras) and a Nissan.

Thanks Dina...I called Alamo and they said they had a larger fleet of Elantras than anything else. They mentioned Toyota Corollas, Nissan Sentra and a few Dodge Darts. I am assuming a midsize will be ok for 2 adults and 2 children (10yrs old). They even mentioned having a Chevy Cruze in the inventory. I am looking for the largest midsize I can find. But I think in the end, I will choose one with the least mileage regardless of size. I love the new car feel and smell. I really wish prices would drop so I can afford to upgrade to a full size, but it's not happening. So midsize it is. Thanks for your response.

Thanks Dina...I called Alamo and they said they had a larger fleet of Elantras than anything else. They mentioned Toyota Corollas, Nissan Sentra and a few Dodge Darts. I am assuming a midsize will be ok for 2 adults and 2 children (10yrs old). They even mentioned having a Chevy Cruze in the inventory. I am looking for the largest midsize I can find. But I think in the end, I will choose one with the least mileage regardless of size. I love the new car feel and smell. I really wish prices would drop so I can afford to upgrade to a full size, but it's not happening. So midsize it is. Thanks for your response.
The Toyota Corolla was roomy and had a pretty deep trunk, the current models are definitely roomier in the cabin area than the 2004 model I used to own. I think I was driving a 2015 model or an older 2016 model, it had about 30k miles on it but it still looked and smelled new. I was by myself (ended up with a $167 rate for 7 days with a one level upgrade through Costco) and the car could have easily had 4 people in it plus luggage and not have felt like we were on top of each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter