Jingle Bell Jingle BAM Show at DHS with Dessert Party Details POST 8

We attended the JBJB dessert party on 11/17/2016. There were 5 of us ranging in age from 64 to 11 (Mom, DH, DDs, me). We arrived at 5:30 and were probably 50th in line. I was surprised how early folks had lined up. But the line moved quickly once they let us all in.

We REALLY enjoyed to dessert party portion. They DO have a nitro station but it is white chocolate minty stuff with milk (or maybe dark) chocolate sauce drizzled over it...I thought it was really good. My kiddos didn't care for it. I had two of the antipasto thingies...and the spinach dip was really good as well. As odd as it may sound, I'm not big on sweets...so besides the nitro station I didn't try much of the other sweet items. But my kiddos and DH did and they enjoyed most of what they tried. The hot chocolate was good. I liked the themed drinks with the gingerbread martini being the favorite of the two. I liked the apple cinnamon drink...but it reminded me of what a candle might taste like if it was an alcohol drink.

The best part was being able to SIT DOWN while enjoying the offerings.

As for the JBJB projection show...well...hmmmm...it wasn't really to our tastes. We do not much care for the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff, so that part of the show was mostly lost on us and a bit creepy to be honest. We liked the lasers sparkling over the snow and the lively music. I was a little confused by the show itself, but to be honest, I was enthralled watching the CMs usher people into the already jammed packed spots as the show was going on. They would just walk right up and wiggle their way right in among people that had been waiting there for a LONG time for that spot or the CM would request folks move over for those just walking up mid-show. I felt bad for them...especially when one of those late arrivers hoisted his young son up on his shoulders blocking the view of the people that were there even before we arrived. The kiddo was up there the entire time, too.

Seeing the show once was enough for us. Parts were really cute and it had neat effects...but it's nothing compared to the SWaGS. We did the SWaGS show/dessert party back in May 2016 (before they changed to the projection show) and that was the BEST fireworks show we have see at WDW.

I am not a fan of having the dessert party in one place and then being somewhat ushered over to another place to watch the show. It felt rushed. I preferred the May show when the dessert party was in the same spot as the viewing area. We could finish up our treats while watching the show.

I did receive a survey today about our JBJB dessert party experience and made sure to voice my opinions...not that they'll matter much...

Anyway...here is the one and only picture I was able to take:

IMG_1879.JPG

I meant to take more, but time FLEW and before we knew it we were being taken over to the viewing area.

Last edited:
We also got a survey tonight. I relayed the fact that we all thought the party was a sub-par experience. I don't mind to pay a premium price, but I expect a premium experience in return. JBJB and the dessert party didn't deliver.

So the review I had read from the first night indicated they did not have the nitro station - either they missed it or it has been added?
I think they missed it, cause I read another review from the same night saying that they had the station just not the Nutella

We attended the JBJB dessert party on 11/17/2016. There were 5 of us ranging in age from 64 to 11 (Mom, DH, DDs, me). We arrived at 5:30 and were probably 50th in line. I was surprised how early folks had lined up. But the line moved quickly once they let us all in.

We REALLY enjoyed to dessert party portion. They DO have a nitro station but it is white chocolate minty stuff with milk (or maybe dark) chocolate sauce drizzled over it...I thought it was really good. My kiddos didn't care for it. I had two of the antipasto thingies...and the spinach dip was really good as well. As odd as it may sound, I'm not big on sweets...so besides the nitro station I didn't try much of the other sweet items. But my kiddos and DH did and they enjoyed most of what they tried. The hot chocolate was good. I liked the themed drinks with the gingerbread martini being the favorite of the two. I liked the apple cinnamon drink...but it reminded me of what a candle might taste like if it was an alcohol drink.

The best part was being able to SIT DOWN while enjoying the offerings.

As for the JBJB projection show...well...hmmmm...it wasn't really to our tastes. We do not much care for the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff, so that part of the show was mostly lost on us and a bit creepy to be honest. We liked the lasers sparkling over the snow and the lively music. I was a little confused by the show itself, but to be honest, I was enthralled watching the CMs usher people into the already jammed packed spots as the show was going on. They would just walk right up and wiggle their way right in among people that had been waiting there for a LONG time for that spot or the CM would request folks move over for those just walking up mid-show. I felt bad for them...especially when one of those late arrivers hoisted his young son up on his shoulders blocking the view of the people that were there even before we arrived. The kiddo was up there the entire time, too.

Seeing the show once was enough for us. Parts were really cute and it had neat effects...but it's nothing compared to the SWaGS. We did the SWaGS show/dessert party back in May 2016 (before they changed to the projection show) and that was the BEST fireworks show we have see at WDW.

I am not a fan of having the dessert party in one place and then being somewhat ushered over to another place to watch the show. It felt rushed. I preferred the May show when the dessert party was in the same spot as the viewing area. We could finish up our treats while watching the show.

I did receive a survey today about our JBJB dessert party experience and made sure to voice my opinions...not that they'll matter much...

Anyway...here is the one and only picture I was able to take:

View attachment 207202

I meant to take more, but time FLEW and before we knew it we were being taken over to the viewing area.
I just want to clear up that what you saw in May was Symphony in the Stars, the fireworks show and not SWaGS. When SWaGS came out it wasn't as well received either cause people were expecting a fireworks show and since they had moved the launching location of pyro they had to minimize the fireworks.
I've said it before but I don't think we will have a true fireworks show like SitS at Dhs anymore
I agree that having the dessert party in the same location as the viewing was more practical

I haven't received a survey on the party, just the show itself. :confused3 But, I did write guest services last night with my thoughts and feedback about the party.

SW shrine in our homes
you mean like this?
15135856_10211341773565857_5125452492731069022_n.jpg

in my defense there are other things in my shrine that are not SW :)

We went to the party last night! I was surprised they had hot food items (like appetizers) not just the typical desserts. I think I prefer the desserts. There were only a few treats. I like the dessert parties with more dessert options. I loved Santa Paws (Santa Goofy!) That was really fun. They also gave us gingerbread Mickey cookies to take with us. Loved that!

We also had a good spot to view the show. I was a little surprised, because it was farther back from the stage. With other dessert parties, we did not have people in front of us. With this one, there were a lot of people in front us us. I am sure it was because of the overall view, but I would have preferred to be at the front of the stage vs behind a bunch of people and heads. Overall it was a good party. I would do it again!

getting back to JBJB dessert party and show. I think it's really a matter of knowing what you are in for.
The dessert party to me is not bad at all, yes they could've had more variety in the dessert department and the non alcoholic drinks
The show itself, if it wasn't for the long Nightmare sequence it would've been a smash hit for me. Light on the fireworks but the actual projection, laser and snow make up for it, in my opinion. You should NEVER compare entertainment offerings, comparing JBJB to SitS is not realistic since Symphony was all fireworks. You could slightly compare JBJB to SWaGS but it's different subjects. Like I said earlier in this thread he SWaGS show got people complaining cause there was no story to it, just clips from the films, JBJB is getting complaints because it has a story and people don't like it.

For the viewing area, how is that setup (is there an area up front for children and adults on the back?)? If I want to have a good view with reduced obstruction for myself and my daughter (10), around what time should I make my way to the viewing area?

For the viewing area, how is that setup (is there an area up front for children and adults on the back?)? If I want to have a good view with reduced obstruction for myself and my daughter (10), around what time should I make my way to the viewing area?
the front of the viewing area is reserved for parties with wheelchairs and ecv but if after those families get situated there is still space they allow kids to join that area.
You can do 2 things, leave about 25 minutes before the show to get a spot by the ecv/wc rope thus cutting in on the dessert party time or when you leave, if the front of the area is packed head towards the back. People tend to want to be close to the front and the back is emptier and you have space to move around, creating a buffer of empty space
I've heard people saying they would like to be closer to thee stage but this show is better appreciated toward the back since there are a lot of effects that happen on the sides that you wouldn't notice if you were too close to the stage

I got the dessert package mainly for the viewing of the show as my DW is vertically challenged.

For those that have already seen the show, how was the show based solely on the reserved location that you paid a premium to receive?

Since the seating is my main concern, how do I make sure we get a prime location within the reserved location?

I got the dessert package mainly for the viewing of the show as my DW is vertically challenged.

For those that have already seen the show, how was the show based solely on the reserved location that you paid a premium to receive?

Since the seating is my main concern, how do I make sure we get a prime location within the reserved location?
For viewing suggestions, see the post directly above yours.

I just want to clear up that what you saw in May was Symphony in the Stars, the fireworks show and not SWaGS. When SWaGS came out it wasn't as well received either cause people were expecting a fireworks show and since they had moved the launching location of pyro they had to minimize the fireworks.
I've said it before but I don't think we will have a true fireworks show like SitS at Dhs anymore
I agree that having the dessert party in the same location as the viewing was more practical
I agree. Symphony in the Stars was amazing. It was the only show I remember people cheering throughout. I then took my DH in June expecting the same amazing fireworks and it was a big letdown.

I think I'm going to try and go see JBJB tomorrow night. (I'd go tonight but I have a ticket for Moana at AMC Disney Springs.) I'll probably just camp out a couple hours beforehand. Maybe I'll get a cupcake and pretend I'm at the dessert party. :rotfl:

Cancel your JBJB rez if you're:
expecting to be wowed by the JBJB show
expecting the JBJB show to rise to the level of the SW show. It doesn't, I don't think any Christmas themed show could.
buying the package mainly for the VIP viewing area
having any doubts about going, your expectations may be too high
a Grinch
not going to stuff your faces with food and drinks

Keep your rez if you're:

attending in order to experience both the dessert party and JBJB show
going because you want a unique Disney holiday experience
not a SW fan and couldn't care less about anything SWs. Believe it or not, there are some of those people.
going to stuff your faces with food and drinks, and maybe even take some home.
not a Grinch
wanting to get into the Christmas spirit

I'm good with all of this except one line:

"buying the package mainly for the VIP viewing area"

I'm sorry but Disney needs to fix this part.

I'll take the show for what it is. Not expecting to be wow'd, just a cheery show to spread Christmas spirit. The dessert party isn't a huge concern for me. I'll find something to enjoy there.

The viewing area however. They simply need to fix the issues I'm reading with the viewing area or cancel the party alltogether. They are advertising this as special VIP viewing area. To me that is a premium spot in a relaxed environment. This means I don't need to stake out a spot early, I don't have late arrivers stepping in front of me, I don't have CM's telling me to move over, and I don't have kids on shoulders in front of me. This is a huge issue that they need to fix or not have these party's IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter