Jingle Bell Jingle BAM Show at DHS with Dessert Party Details POST 8

Did NOT like the apple cinnamon drink. The nitro peppermint is good
Meet Santa goofy at the start, cm came and asked for the flash to be on, quick painless pic
The lighting could be better
Alot of adult drinks but only one kids drinks plus the hot chocolate and soda ( we are not soda drinkers) my daughter ended drinking just water

Last edited:
Is there someone we can email at DHS management to find out the rule for this.

Kids being on peoples shoulders? I've never seen a Cast Members ask someone to take a kid off their shoulders, it seems to happen all of the time. Not that I think it's OK, just that kids on shoulders has been a problem for years.

Did NOT like the apple cinnamon drink. The nitro peppermint is good
Meet Santa goofy at the start, cm came and asked for the flash to be on, quick painless pic
The lighting could be better
Alot of adult drinks but only one kids drinks plus the hot chocolate and soda ( we are not soda drinkers) my daughter ended drinking just water
What is the kids drink if u don't mind me asking? :) i might just pass by Starbucks to get my DS some milk before the party :P

Are you referring to the kids on the shoulders issue?
Yep...at least at the party. It's hard to believe Disney would allow it anywhere given that it could be a safety issue, but especially at a dessert party where they are impeding other guests view.

Ok here are my thoughts:
Dessert party location: we really liked it, even though it's outside you feel more private since you have the exterior of the Chinese theater to cover you. I'm not sure if this party was sold out but there were a lot of empty tables around us, we choose a high table close to the main entrance of gmr, it never felt like it was crowded
No lines for food or drinks other than hot chocolate
Check in was easy, we were let in 15 minutes before start time
Nice touch having drinks ready for guests to grab as they walked in, total of 3 gingerbread drinks, no regerts...wait regrets ;)
Santa Goofy: cute touch but it all seemed pretty rushed, I completely understand why, the cm did walk around several times asking if everyone had taken a pic with him
Savory items: tried and loved everything but the kale salad, I have a hate/hate relationship with the leaf
Sweet items: all were good, but had to eat a piece of flat bread after the chocolate cake thing, man that was sweet
Surprise item: the antipasto, LOOOOVED
Viewing location: great, we hung back as people tried to jam toward the front and there was plenty of empty space, again not sure if this party sold out
The show: second viewing for me, still think it's cute, still think that the love part is a bit slow and that Oogie shouldn't have a whole section but I understand why, cause of the story. I seriously think they added more fireworks to the end and will have to go and watch both videos to be sure .
My daughter loved it, it was her first time watching, she agree about the slower parts but didn't mind that it wad light ob the fireworks. Skews already planning on Wlwatching the show again
Got some pictures, and will post them tomorrow
Good night everyone

Ok here are my thoughts:
Dessert party location: we really liked it, even though it's outside you feel more private since you have the exterior of the Chinese theater to cover you. I'm not sure if this party was sold out but there were a lot of empty tables around us, we choose a high table close to the main entrance of gmr, it never felt like it was crowded
Nice touch having drinks ready for guests to grab as they walked in, total of 3 gingerbread drinks, no regerts...wait regrets ;)
Santa Goofy: cute touch but it all seemed pretty rushed, I completely understand why, the cm did walk around several times asking if everyone had taken a pic with him
Savory items: tried and loved everything but the kale salad, I have a hate/hate relationship with the leaf
Sweet items: all were good, but had to eat a piece of flat bread after the chocolate cake thing, man that was sweet
Viewing location: great, we hung back as people tried to jam toward the front and there was plenty of empty space, again not sure if this party sold out
The show: second viewing for me, still think it's cute, still think that the love part is a bit slow and that Oogie shouldn't have a whole section but I understand why, cause of the story. I seriously think they added more fireworks to the end and will have to go and watch both videos to be sure .
My daughter loved it, it was her first time watching, she agree about the slower parts but didn't mind that it wad light ob the fireworks. Skews already planning on Wlwatching the show again
Good night everyone
Thanks for the quickie report. I like the idea of going to the back of the viewing area. I do think having fewer people right in front of you is better than being a few feet closer up. I hear you on kale, not a fan. Gonna have to bring a big mug for the gingerbread drinks :D

Ok here are my thoughts:
Good night everyone
Thank you for this!

I was there the first day and the show was meh I miss the Osborne lights. I don't feel HS is really design of this type of show very few people actually get a good view. The rest are left with partial or obstructed view. Personally I think they should keep the Star Wars fireworks and not this show.

I was there the first day and the show was meh I miss the Osborne lights. I don't feel HS is really design of this type of show very few people actually get a good view. The rest are left with partial or obstructed view. Personally I think they should keep the Star Wars fireworks and not this show.

I think the pure firework shows were much better. The screens - which are obstructed for most viewers and the fewer fireworks isn't quite as nice. But - I do like them having the offerings vs not - just wish it was the fireworks which really were my favorite of any of the parks. They were spectacular.

I cancelled the dessert party for this past Saturday since I didn't think the cost was justified for my family of 5. $350 for a hour (45 mins if you leave early for a better viewing spot) of apps, drinks and mainly peppermint inspired desserts and a spot for the show.

The park was relatively empty Saturday for the beginning of Thanksgiving week, but the viewing areas were starting to fill an hour before as reported. I think a lot of people came in or hopped over for the show.

We followed the viewing instructions and were one row back from the free spots a hour before. Great spot ! Press/Media viewing was just to our left. The dessert party viewing started filling 1/2 hour before the party ended. From what I could see their view was comparable to ours, but it saved them 30 to 45 mins waiting time (at least).

The open area (non-dessert party )
went back really far , those folks wouldn't have seen much.

Basically I'm happy with our decision to cancel.

It is hard for me to offer an objective review as a PP said. I really, really wanted this to be a win and it's so hard not to compare.

In my group's opinion (my 5 and other family of 8), the show was a spliced together montage of Disney movies with 2 guys they didn't know telling a story about Santa being kidnapped.

Story was not great, viewing (even with waiting a long time ) has obstructions since that area is not conducive to a show. Overall it felt like Disney cheaped out. Fireworks, laser affects, and weak story. Even though I never saw it, it sounds like the star works are the winner

That said, the CMs in the area were great keeping crowd control, walkways clear, etc.

After seeing JBJB I wouldn't pay for the dessert party and wouldn't choose it over Fantasmic. Just my two cents

I'm sure experiences will be different!

Here
are some really low quality pics
set up before they let us in
15085521_10211357536959932_7897911384706682823_n.jpg

15107334_10211357537879955_2896492397491631751_n.jpg

Santa Goofy
15085647_10211357537159937_5671711075410043698_n.jpg

Some food and drink
15202682_10211357537559947_8972292311052234247_n.jpg

15203362_10211357538119961_1702626169086168230_n.jpg

15179083_10211357538279965_9207119889908853257_n.jpg

15178189_10211357538759977_7769520167288573294_n.jpg

15095452_10211357539159987_1225150729133666565_n.jpg

15094337_10211357539399993_7980886655322819620_n.jpg

15134696_10211357539680000_2569387714503789427_n.jpg

Viewing area, I told my DD to take a pic of the crowd so you guys can see how much space we had in the back
15134597_10211357539840004_79935355616210782_n.jpg

15107411_10211357540360017_3859530131880283962_n.jpg

our artsy pic :)
15094410_10211357540640024_6931384059092395821_n.jpg

the view, I told her to only take one pic so she could put her phone away and enjoy the show
15094860_10211357540160012_6789010802522075813_n.jpg

This one is just the holiday drinks that are being offered around all of DHS
15193585_10211357541840054_4816809640256015188_n.jpg

I cancelled the dessert party for this past Saturday since I didn't think the cost was justified for my family of 5. $350 for a hour (45 mins if you leave early for a better viewing spot) of apps, drinks and mainly peppermint inspired desserts and a spot for the show.

The park was relatively empty Saturday for the beginning of Thanksgiving week, but the viewing areas were starting to fill an hour before as reported. I think a lot of people came in or hopped over for the show.

We followed the viewing instructions and were one row back from the free spots a hour before. Great spot ! Press/Media viewing was just to our left. The dessert party viewing started filling 1/2 hour before the party ended. From what I could see their view was comparable to ours, but it saved them 30 to 45 mins waiting time (at least).

The open area (non-dessert party )
went back really far , those folks wouldn't have seen much.

Basically I'm happy with our decision to cancel.

It is hard for me to offer an objective review as a PP said. I really, really wanted this to be a win and it's so hard not to compare.

In my group's opinion (my 5 and other family of 8), the show was a spliced together montage of Disney movies with 2 guys they didn't know telling a story about Santa being kidnapped.

Story was not great, viewing (even with waiting a long time ) has obstructions since that area is not conducive to a show. Overall it felt like Disney cheaped out. Fireworks, laser affects, and weak story. Even though I never saw it, it sounds like the star works are the winner

That said, the CMs in the area were great keeping crowd control, walkways clear, etc.

After seeing JBJB I wouldn't pay for the dessert party and wouldn't choose it over Fantasmic. Just my two cents

I'm sure experiences will be different!
I'm glad it sounds like you made the right decision for your family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter