Jersey Girl Heading West Updated 7/26 Final Day and Final Thoughts

Well I'm 6 days and counting, this time Friday I will be at the airport scrounging some dinner up!

At this point I just need to print out the driving directions that I have bookmarked already and do that last minute packing.

I really hope this week at work flies, that's one bonus of being really busy, the days fly by!

So far the weather forecast looks good, I hope it stays that way, I'm ready for some nice southern Cali weather:thumbsup2

Tracy, Hardee's is the same as Carl's Jr. so we do have the Western Bacon Cheeseburger on this side of the country as well. It's the same restaurant, but with a different name. :thumbsup2 No need to stay in Cali all the time. You can come visit me and see some SNOW sometime!

I was glad to know that Hardee's was a Carl's Jr with a different name when i moved East, however, once I actually ate at the Hardee's I found out that more than the name was different. Hardee's here sells Fried Chicken, Hand Dipped Milkshakes, and sadly, NO Western Bacon Cheeseburger (which I miss dearly!!). Also, now, they only have those horrible thickburgers...I don't know if the ones in California have those or not. But I do miss Carls Jr of California!!!!

Bon Voyage my Focker Friend!!! Have a fabulous time!

MickeyandPluto.jpg

I though about you when the news said that Disney had shut down rides (for safety inspections I assume) - I wondered if you were still in the park when the quake hit. Hope you enjoyed your tour today - can't wait to hear about it.

Whole lotta shakin' goin' on?! Hope it was but a minor inconvenience and you're back to having fun! :hug:

Departure Day – so after a previous night filled with pug drama and almost losing one of the pugs due to another person’s ineptitude:mad:, I managed to get myself to work and stayed until 2. I was originally going to stay until 3, but wanted to go home first and check on Namath who was recovering from the previous night’s drama.

I got to the airport with no additional drama and sailed through security and plopped myself down at the gate and started reading Kingdom Keepers. Now flying out of Newark on a Friday night is a crapshoot and lady luck was smiling down on me:thumbsup2. We took off almost on time and there was no one in the middle seat next to me (always take an aisle seat).

The flight was a bumpy one, those who have ridden Star Tours have experienced a smoother flight to Endor. The movies did not interest me, Last Chance Harvey and Inkheart. I sort of watched Last Chance Harvey, but mostly listened to the iPod and read.

The woman who had the window seat was a bit odd so the headphones gave me a good excuse not to listen to her.:rolleyes1

I finished Kingdom Keepers shortly before the flight landed, it was enjoyable and made th bumby flight go pretty quick.

When we arrived in Orange County I went straight to the Super Shuttle, well except I didn’t see it right off, so I asked what I thought would be a nice policeman, who turned out to be a smart *** :rolleyes:. When I asked where Super Shuttle was, the shuttle that I had pre paid for, he said oh, they are only out of LAX.:eek: When he realized my heart stopped, he let me know he was just kidding. Heck, if it turned out there was no shuttle, Tracy would have gotten a call that night.;)

As I got on the shuttle, guess who showed up, yep my row mate from the plane. The driver then confirmed with each of us where we were going, she confirmed Embassy Suites. First stop…. Embassy Suites and she doesn’t move. The driver who has now gotten out and is waiting for her says something to her and she is like, oh I’m at the Quality Suites.:sad2:

I guess there are a couple of them and she didn’t know which one she wanted to go to. I have traveled quite a bit myself and I always know where I am going and how I am getting there. This woman was meeting her family who wasn’t coming in until the next day and was clueless.

Next stop was the Marriot at the convention center. My home for the evening. Two Thumbs up:thumbsup2:thumbsup2. I was even bumped up to the concierge floor in a corner room, too bad I was only there for all of about 10 hours.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Next Up: Another bumpy ride and meeting the Gipper

Yay!!! It STARTS! Might as well since you've got jet lag. :lmao:

When we arrived in Orange County I went straight to the Super Shuttle, well except I didn’t see it right off, so I asked what I thought would be a nice policeman, who turned out to be a smart a$$:rolleyes:. When I asked where Super Shuttle was, the shuttle that I had pre paid for, he said oh, they are only out of LAX.:eek: When he realized my heart stopped, he let me know he was just kidding. Heck, if it turned out there was no shuttle, Tracy would have gotten a call that night.;)
I stayed up late, just in case. ;)
Next stop was the Marriot at the convention center. My home for the evening. Two Thumbs up:thumbsup2:thumbsup2. I was even bumped up to the concierge floor in a corner room, too bad I was only there for all of about 10 hours.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
Wow, looks nice! And most importantly... CLEAN! :thumbsup2

Next Up: Another bumpy ride and meeting the Gipper
Did ya bring Jelly Bellys? :goodvibes

YAY!! you started. Cant wait to read all about it(and see some pics too)
Sounds like a good start getting out of EWR with NO DELAY:yay:

What's up with crazy clueless? :)

Glad you got there on time-ish and safely. Room looks nice!

This New Yorker is really looking forward to your TR. :thumbsup2

Wondering how the 3 hour time difference was too :goodvibes:goodvibes

Great room Mo and fantastic you got an upgrade too :thumbsup2

And don't you dare complain about jet lag :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter